Banking and Finance
Reports concerning sustainability issues and the banking and finance sector.
Global Framework for Climate Risk Disclosure
Oct 06, 2006
- October 2006 - A unique global partnership of 14 leading institutional investors and other organizations representing trillions in assets today released the Global Framework for Climate Risk Disclosure to provide specific guidance to companies regarding the information they provide to investors on the financial risks posed by climate change.
Guide to Using the Global Framework for Climate Risk Disclosure
Oct 06, 2006
- October 2006 - The Guide is a companion tool for using the Framework. For each of the four elements of the Framework, the Guide provides specific guidance for companies about how to disclose using the most common reporting mechanisms for climate risk: securities filings, the Global Reporting Initiative, and the Carbon Disclosure Project. The Guide also contains examples of disclosure from leading companies using these disclosure mechanisms.
Ceres 2004-2005 Sustainability Report
Aug 06, 2006
- August 2006 - Sustainability reporting can benefit all organizations and companies, regardless of their size or type of organization. This new report focuses on Ceres' 2004 and 2005 operations and impacts.
2005 Ceres ACCA Sustainability Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 06, 2006
- April 2006 - The judges report for the 2005 Ceres-ACCA North American Sustainability Reporting Awards. The winners were announced at the April 2006 Ceres annual conference in Oakland, California.
2006 Corporate Governance and Climate Change: Making the Connection
Mar 20, 2006
- March 2006 - The 2006 Corporate Governance and Climate Change: Making the Connection report includes a 30-page summary report comprised of the executive summary, the climate governance scoring criteria, the 100 company scores and sector-specific findings. The report also includes 2- to 3-page profiles on each of the companies evaluated.
Unexamined Risk: How Mutual Funds Vote on Climate Change Shareholder Resolutions
Jan 06, 2006
- January 2006 - The new Ceres report shows that top 100 mutual funds in U.S. did not support any climate change shareholder resolutions at 2005 corporate annual meetings.
Ceres Annual Report: 2004 and Beyond
Nov 06, 2005
- November 2005 - The 2004 and Beyond report outlines Ceres' extraordinary achievements the past 18 months, ranging from the kickoff of our innovative stakeholder teams for companies, to the growing participation in sustainability reporting, to the remarkable success of our second Institutional Investor Summit on Climate Risk at the United Nations.
Institutional Investor Summit on Climate Risk - Final Report
Oct 20, 2005
- October 2005 - This report includes proceedings of the May 10, 2005 climate risk summit at the United Nations. More than 400 institutional investors, fund managers, financial professionals, and other experts from fifteen countries discussed how investors are maximizing opportunities and minimizing financial risks associated with climate change.
Framing Climate Risk in Portfolio Management
Jun 06, 2005
- June 2005 - This report by Ceres and the World Resources Institute is designed to help investors analyze business risks and regulatory uncertainties associated with global climate change.
2005 Investor Summit on Climate Risk – Final Report
May 10, 2005
- More than 400 institutional investors, fund managers, financial advisors, and other experts from fifteen countries and four continents gathered at the United Nations on May 10, 2005 for the 2005 Institutional Investor Summit on Climate Risk. The participants engaged in peer-to-peer discussions with leading scientists, investors, and business leaders on how investors can minimize climate risk and maximize opportunities, especially from new clean energy technologies.
Investor Progress Report: Results Achieved Since the 2003 Institutional Summit on Climate Risk
May 06, 2005
- May 2005 - This report assesses progress investors have made on the 2003 Investor Call to Action on Climate Risk that was announced in November 2003. The report, released at the Institutional Investor Summit on Climate Risk at the UN in May 2005, shows that investors met or exceeded their objectives in six of the 10 priority areas.
2005 Call for Action: Managing Climate Risk and Capturing the Opportunities
May 06, 2005
- May 2005 - This Call to Action was released at the May 2005 Institutional Investor Summit on Climate Risk at the United Nations. Two-dozen institutional investors, recognizing that climate risk poses significant risks and opportunities for investors and our economy, pledged to move forward to implement 10 steps in the Call to Action.
2004 Ceres ACCA Sustainability Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 01, 2005
- April 2005 - The judges report for the 2004 Ceres-ACCA North American Sustainability Reporting Awards. The winners were announced at the April 2005 Ceres annual conference in Boston.
Unexamined Risk: How Mutual Funds Vote on Global Warming Shareholder Resolutions
Dec 01, 2004
- December 2004 - This report by Ceres and the Investor Responsibility Research Center (IRRC) examined how the largest 100 mutual funds in America voted in 2004 on global warming shareholder resolutions. The study showed that only two percent of the assets of the 100 largest funds supported resolutions calling for more corporate disclosure on the financial impacts from global warming.
Questions and Answers for Investors on Climate Risk
Dec 01, 2004
- December 2004 - A basic guide to climate change, the risks it presents to investors, and what investors can do about it.
Climate Change Risks and the SEC: Summary Report
Oct 01, 2004
- October 2004 - Four-dozen participants from public pension funds, business, nonprofits, government, foundations, the United Nations and academia considered the risks climate change poses to companies and investors, the quality of existing climate risk disclosure, and measures the SEC could take to improve it.
Sustainability and Risk: Climate Change and Fiduciary Duty for the 21st Century Trustee
Sep 01, 2004
- September 2004 - This report is designed to educate pension fund trustees about the connection between fiduciary responsibility and the risks to investments posed by global climate change. It was prepared in conjunction with a training forum held at Harvard University.
Investor Guide to Climate Risk
Jul 01, 2004
- July 2004 - This report outlines specific investor strategies for addressing the financial risks and investment opportunities posed by global warming.
Ceres 2003 Annual Report
Jan 01, 2004
- January 2004 - The 2003 Ceres Annual Report reviews our extraordinary achievements over the last year, including new reports, a pension fund "Call to Action", and dialogues and resolutions resulted in climate change commitments from companies.
2003 Institutional Investor Summit on Climate Risk Final Report
Dec 01, 2003
- Major pension fund managers and institutional investors, along with representatives of leading Wall Street fund management firms, met for the first time to consider the potential risks to their portfolios posed by climate change at the Institutional Investor Summit on Climate Risk at the United Nations on November 21, 2003. This report reviews what participants discussed.