A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
Energy Efficiency and Real Estate: Opportunities for Investors
Dec 10, 2009
- December 2009 - This report outlines the business case that investing in energy efficiency enhanced value in real estate portfolios. The report concludes that, whether investors have direct control over the properties in their portfolio or not, taking steps to reduce energy use makes financial sense. The report lays out the steps investors can take to improve energy efficiency, and presents best practices for different types of investments.
Fast Forward: Ceres Annual Report 2008-2009
Dec 08, 2009
- December 2009 - This report highlights Ceres' 20 year history of building sustainability into capital markets and lays out our vision for reaching a truly sustainable economy by 2020. Told through the lens of our four key pillars for success - Ensuring Honest Accounting, Setting New Standards and Expectations, Accelerating Green Innovation and Changing the Rules of the Game - this report explores Ceres current work and asks the crucial questions we need to answer if we are going to accelerate systemic change to address climate change and other sustainability threats.
CAFE and the U.S. Auto Industry Revisited: A Growing Auto Investor Issue (2011 - 2016)
Oct 08, 2009
- October 2009 - This report evaluates the impact that changes to the U.S. Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) program may have on the industry in 2016. We have issued this report as a follow-up to Citi’s October 22, 2007 report “CAFE and the U.S. Auto Industry – A Growing Auto Investor Issue, 2012-2020” in which we examined the impact of proposed fuel economy regulation on the U.S. auto industry.
Addressing Climate Risk: Financial Institutions and Emerging Markets
Sep 08, 2009
- September 2009 - The results of the survey show that emerging market banks recognize the challenges from climate change and are beginning to position themselves for its wide-ranging risks and opportunities, whether from carbon-reducing regulations, international carbon trading schemes or far-reaching physical impacts.
Climate Risk Disclosure in SEC Filings: An Analysis of 10K Reporting by Oil and Gas, Insurance, Coal, Transportation and Electric Power Companies
Jun 10, 2009
- June 2009 - This Ceres/Environmental Defense Fund report evaluates the current state of climate risk disclosure by 100 global companies in five sectors that have a strong stake in preparing for a low carbon future: electric utilities, coal, oil and gas, transportation and insurance. It assesses climate risk disclosure in the SEC filings made by these companies in Q1 2008, and finds very limited disclosure.
Reclaiming Transparency in a Changing Climate
Jun 03, 2009
- June 2009 – This report, by Ceres, CEES and Environmental Defense Fund, reviews over 6,000 SEC filings by S&P 500 companies from 1995 to 2008. While the study finds some modest improvement in climate risk disclosure since 1995, in 2008 75% of annual reports filed by S&P 500 corporations failed to even mention climate change and only 5% articulated a strategy for managing climate-related risks.
Mutual Funds and Climate Change: Growing Support for Shareholder Resolutions
May 10, 2009
- May 2009 - Mutual fund support for climate change-related shareholder resolutions involving U.S. companies reached new highs in 2008, but there is still much room for improvement. The increased support mirrors rising overall investor support for climate change resolutions in recent years. It comes as the business case for supporting climate-related resolutions is increasingly clear, as regulation of greenhouse gas emissions is now a reality in many regions of the U.S. and federal regulations are a strong possibility.
Resilient Coasts: A Blueprint for Action
Apr 08, 2009
- April 2009 - The Heinz Center and Ceres undertook the challenging task of forging consensus on principles and actions to increase coastal resilience for three fundamental reasons: our coasts are threatened, there are reasonable steps to counter those threats, and we as a nation are not yet taking them.
2008 Ceres-ACCA Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 08, 2009
- April 2009 - Ninety-seven sustainability reports from companies and organizations representing a range of sectors were submitted for review this year. Of these, 19 reports were short-listed and an expert panel of judges met in January 2009 to select the award winners.
From Risk to Opportunity 2008: Insurer Responses to Climate Change
Apr 08, 2009
- April 2009 - Hundreds of new insurance initiatives, including coverage for green buildings, renewable energy, carbon risk management, and officers’ liability are being offered to tackle climate change and rising weather-related losses in the U.S. and globally, according to this report by the Ceres investor coalition.