A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
Benchmarking Electric Utility Energy Efficiency Portfolios in the U.S.
Nov 10, 2011
- The goal of this report is to highlight the importance—and the challenges—of benchmarking electric utility energy efficiency portfolios, and to initiate a benchmarking process that will continue to evolve over time. Benchmarking allows for direct comparison of spending and energy savings across electric utility energy efficiency portfolios. This report discusses the difficulties involved in benchmarking energy efficiency portfolios, evaluates and recommends a suite of metrics, and demonstrates these metrics using a diverse set of electric utilities.
The Ceres Aqua Gauge: A Framework for 21st Century Water Risk Management
Oct 18, 2011
- October 2011 - This report introduces experts and newcomers alike to the Ceres Aqua Gauge™, a new framework for assessing corporate management of water risk. The report provides a broad overview of how competing freshwater demands and limits to supply are beginning to affect corporate financial performance in a range of industrial sectors. The report also identifies trends in corporate and investor responses to emerging water issues — and explains how investors can identify holdings in their portfolios more likely to be exposed to water-related risks.
Climate Risk Disclosure by Insurers: Evaluating Insurer Responses to the NAIC Climate Disclosure Survey
Sep 01, 2011
- This report documents this powerful industry’s sluggish and uneven response to the ever-increasing ripples from global climate change, which could undermine both its own financial viability and the stability of the larger global economy. With the world still reeling from the devastating impacts of an economic crisis triggered by hidden risks in the banking sector, we can ill afford a new problem triggered by hidden risks in another.
More Jobs Per Gallon: How Strong Fuel Economy/GHG Standards Will Fuel American Jobs
Jul 30, 2011
- This Ceres report focuses on the economic impacts of strengthening fuel economy and greenhouse gas (GHG) emission standards for passenger vehicles sold in the United States. The analysis finds that stronger standards—more miles and fewer emissions per gallon—would lead to greater economic and job growth, both within the auto industry and in the broader economy as a whole.
2010 Global Investor Survey on Climate Change
Jun 13, 2011
- This report provides the results of the first global survey of investment practices co-ordinated by the three investor networks on climate change – the IIGCC, based in Europe, INCR, based in North America and the Australia/New Zealand IGCC. As such it provides an overview of investment practices around the world, highlighting best practice and analysing the drivers for change.
2010 Ceres-ACCA Awards Report of the Judges
May 25, 2011
- May 2011 - This year marks the tenth anniversary of the Ceres-ACCA North American Awards for Sustainability Reporting. Sustainability reports from 98 companies and organizations were submitted for review this year. For the first time in several years, the submissions represented all of North America—including three Mexican submissions. Of all the reports submitted, 17 of the reports were short-listed and an independent, expert panel of judges met in February 2011 to select the award winners.
New Ceres Survey Data: U.S. Mutual Funds Backtrack in Supporting Climate Resolutions in 2010
Apr 08, 2011
- April 2011 – This survey, conducted by Ceres and Fund Votes, examines how U.S. mutual fund companies have been acting - or not acting - to address climate change risks in their portfolios through their proxy voting. The survey, now in its sixth year, analyzed 46 mutual fund families’ proxy votes on 36 shareholder-sponsored climate change-related resolutions in the 2010 proxy season. It found that U.S. mutual funds’ voting support for climate-related shareholder resolutions is not keeping pace with the escalating risks associated with climate change.
Electric Vehicles: Perspectives on a Growing Investment Theme
Mar 30, 2011
- March 2011 - This report, conducted in partnership with Citi Investment Research & Analysis, provides an overview of the current state of the dynamic electric vehicle industry, with a focus on individual company product plans, key technological issues and the latest industry initiatives and government policies that may influence further development of electric vehicles.
Fuel Economy Focus: Perspectives on 2020 Industry Implications
Mar 30, 2011
- March 2011 - This fuel economy analysis, conducted in partnership with Citi Investment Research & Analysis, evaluates the potential impact that changes to the U.S. Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions standards may have on the auto industry in 2020. Federal and California state agencies tasked with developing these standards are expected to send their recommendations to the White House as early as May.
Disclosing Climate Risks: A Guide for Corporate Executives, Attorneys & Directors
Feb 06, 2011
- February 2011 - This Ceres report, developed with input from its 90-plus member Investor Network on Climate Risk, outlines generally weak climate disclosure to date by businesses and steps for improving such disclosure, especially in annual 10-K financial filings that are next due from companies by March 31, 2011. It comes just a week after the consulting firm Mercer issued a new study warning that climate change could increase investment portfolio risk by 10 percent over the next 20 years.