A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
Restoring Flows: Financing the Next Generation of Water Systems A Strategy for Coalition Building
May 11, 2012
- In this report, Ceres and American Rivers join forces to highlight the importance of bringing together environmentalists, economists, water utilities, water users, financial institutions, foundations, investors and labor groups to create opportunities for the creation of shared pursuits beyond the boundaries of politics, watersheds and economic sectors that typically define our relationship to water.
The Road to 2020: Corporate Progress on the Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability
Apr 25, 2012
- The Road to 2020: Corporate Progress on The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability assesses how U.S. businesses are progressing on sustainability and uses as a framework, The 21st Century Corporation: The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability—a guide for integrating sustainability across a company’s entire enterprise. Specifically, it evaluates where 600 large publicly traded companies stand on sustainability issues in terms of governance, stakeholder engagement, disclosure and performance.
Improving Workers' Well-Being: A New Approach to Supply Chain Engagement
Apr 25, 2012
- Pioneering a new strategy for its supply chain requires that LS&Co. also design a new approach to the engagement and support of its manufacturing suppliers. At the heart of this new approach is the company’s ongoing commitment to the protection of human rights and improvement of supplier performance through its current TOE, which remains as relevant today as it was 20 years ago. The following chapter presents the core components of this new strategy, along with a summary of key stakeholder feedback and guidance gathered throughout these Ceres’ led dialogues.
Practicing Risk-Aware Electricity Regulation: What Every State Regulator Needs to Know
Apr 19, 2012
- This report is primarily addressed to state regulatory utility commissioners, who will preside over some of the most important investments in the history of the U.S. electric power sector during perhaps its most challenging and tumultuous period. This report seeks to provide regulators with a thorough discussion of risk, and to suggest an approach—“risk-aware regulation”—whereby regulators can explicitly and proactively seek to identify, understand and minimize the risks associated with electric utility resource investment. It is hoped that this approach will result in the effcient deployment of capital, the continued financial health of utilities, and the confidence and satisfaction of the customers on whose behalf utilities invest.
2012 Investor Summit on Climate Risk & Energy Solutions - Final Report
Apr 05, 2012
- The fifth Investor Summit on Climate Risk & Energy Solutions was held on January 12th, 2012, at United Nations headquarters. Co-hosted by the United Nations Foundation, the United Nations Office for Partnerships and Ceres, the Summit brought together more than 450 institutional investor, financial and corporate leaders from around the globe. The Summit showcased a wide range of investment opportunities in climate and energy solutions – in energy efficiency, water efficiency, renewable energy and more – that are positioned to achieve significant growth and scale while replacing outmoded technologies and business models.
Fuel Economy Focus: Industry Perspectives on 2020
Apr 04, 2012
- In collaboration with Citi Investment Research and the Investor Network on Climate Risk, Ceres, along with Oakland University’s School of Business Administration, Baum and Associates, and Meszler Engineering Services simulated the impact that the proposed U.S. Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions program might have on the industry in 2020. The analysis is meant to provide investors with a framework for evaluating the potential industry impact from tightening regulations.
Charting New Waters: Financing Sustainable Water Infrastructure
Jan 26, 2012
- The Financing Sustainable Water Infrastructure report is the product of a meeting convened by The Johnson Foundation, in collaboration with American Rivers and Ceres, which brought together a group of experts to discuss ways to drive funding toward the infrastructure needed for the 21st century.
Institutional Investors' Expectations of Corporate Climate Risk Management
Jan 11, 2012
- January 2012 - This report indicates the key climate change-related practices that investors expect companies to undertake based on our understanding of best practice management of climate change risks and opportunities. It also outlines the actions that investors are prepared to undertake on this topic.
Leverage: Ceres Annual Report 2010-2011
Nov 18, 2011
- In this report we provide a behind-the-scenes look at how Ceres is driving sustainability into business and investor practices as well as other key segments of the economy. The Ceres process includes leveraging our internal expertise and our coalition members to motivate companies and investors to build strong sustainability strategies. We also identify barriers that prevent companies from integrating sustainability practices into operations, products and supply chains; target segments of the economic system and public policies that need to change; and then leverage a combination of unique tools, resources and relationships to help break down the barriers to change.
New Jobs - Cleaner Air (Part II): An investment in American Businesses and American Jobs
Nov 17, 2011
- In February 2011, Ceres issued a study demonstrating how new air pollution rules proposed for the electric power sector by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will provide long-term economic benefits across much of the United States. This report supplements this economic study by highlighting specific case examples of the companies involved in building a modern generating fleet. It breaks the supply chain into its component pieces and shows the vital role that American workers play in installing and maintaining sophisticated emission control systems.