A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
Power Factor: Institutional Investors’ Policy Priorities Can Bring Energy Efficiency to Scale
May 21, 2013
- Research shows climate change could impose a multi-trillion dollar burden on the global economy and contribute ten percent of overall risk within institutional investment portfolios. Institutional investors, who manage tens of trillions of dollars globally, are actively looking for ways to mitigate these climate-related risks. Energy efficiency offers one such opportunity for institutional investors to manage the risks of climate change while earning a competitive rate of return on their investment.
Benchmarking Air Emissions
May 15, 2013
- This report analyzes the latest emissions from the 100 largest power producers in the U.S. The report shows that the electric industry cut emissions of NOx, SO2 and CO2 in 2011 even as overall electricity generation increased, largely due to increased use of natural gas and growing reliance on renewable energy.
The 21st Century Investor: Ceres Blueprint for Sustainable Investing Summary
May 02, 2013
- This is a summary report of The 21st Century Investor: Ceres Blueprint for Sustainable Investing (the “Ceres Investor Blueprint”), released in June 2013.
Hydraulic Fracturing & Water Stress: Growing Competitive Pressures for Water
May 01, 2013
- This Ceres research paper analyzes water use in hydraulic fracturing operations across the United States and the extent to which this activity is taking place in water stressed regions. It provides an overview of efforts underway, such as the use of recycled water and nonfreshwater resources, to mitigate these impacts and suggests key questions that industry, water managers and investors should be asking.
Disclosure Framework for Water & Sewer Enterprises
Apr 02, 2013
- In its Report on Municipal Securities Market, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission recommends the development of best practices in disclosure to improve the fairness and efficiency of the municipal market. Given the heightened attention to credit analysis across the municipal market, and the shifting operating environment facing issuers within the water and sewer sector, Ceres is issuing this disclosure framework to ensure that all material information is provided to investors in the primary and secondary markets.
Insurer Climate Risk Disclosure Survey 2012
Mar 06, 2013
- This report summarizes responses from insurance companies to a survey on climate risk developed by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). In 2012 insurance regulators in California, New York and Washington required insurers that write in excess of $300 million in direct written premiums, and are licensed to operate in any of the three states, to disclose their climate-related risks using this survey. The aim of the survey and Ceres’ analysis of the responses is to provide regulators with substantive information about the risks to insurers posed by climate change, as well as steps insurers are taking in response to their understanding of climate change risks.
Water Ripples: Expanding Risks for U.S. Water Providers
Dec 11, 2012
- As numerous western states are considering massive new water supply projects, a new Ceres report is suggesting caution. Citing shrinking federal funds, uncertain water demand and declining revenues to pay for the projects, the report recommends that utilities move carefully before embarking on major pipelines, reservoirs and other new infrastructure that will create financial risks for investors and utility customers alike.
Power Forward: Why the World’s Largest Companies are Investing in Renewable Energy
Dec 10, 2012
- This report shows that a majority of Fortune 100 companies have set a renewable energy commitment, a greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction commitment or both. The trend is even stronger internationally, as more than two-thirds of Fortune’s Global 100 have set the same commitments.
Ceres Annual Report 2011-2012
Dec 07, 2012
- In this report you will find highlights of our work over the past year, including groundbreaking reports that are helping reshape the nation’s electric-power sector; new tools to help industry use water more efficiently; successful efforts to require insurance companies to publicly disclose climate-related financial risks; progress on new stock exchange listing requirements for sustainability disclosure; and a major evaluation of the sustainability performance of 600 large U.S. companies.
Scaling Sustainability: 2012-2015 Ceres Strategic Plan
Nov 05, 2012
- Over the next three years, Ceres will work with its core constituencies to accelerate the adoption of sustainable business practices, integrate sustainability risks and opportunities into corporate and investor strategies, and establish new rules of the road. Our strategic plan lays out our goals for the next three years and how we expect to achieve them.