A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
2008 Ceres-ACCA Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 08, 2009
- April 2009 - Ninety-seven sustainability reports from companies and organizations representing a range of sectors were submitted for review this year. Of these, 19 reports were short-listed and an expert panel of judges met in January 2009 to select the award winners.
From Risk to Opportunity 2008: Insurer Responses to Climate Change
Apr 08, 2009
- April 2009 - Hundreds of new insurance initiatives, including coverage for green buildings, renewable energy, carbon risk management, and officers’ liability are being offered to tackle climate change and rising weather-related losses in the U.S. and globally, according to this report by the Ceres investor coalition.
Global Climate Disclosure Framework for Automobile Companies
Mar 08, 2009
- March 2009 - This disclosure framework focuses on the business issues and indicators specific to the auto sector, and can be used as a reporting tool through both the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
Water Scarcity & Climate Change: Growing Risks for Business & Investors
Feb 20, 2009
- February 2009 - This Ceres/Pacific Institute report, done at the request of the Investor Network on Climate Risk, outlines the wide-ranging risks investors and companies face from water scarcity and how global climate change will heighten those risks in many parts of the world. The report makes clear that companies that treat pressing water risks as a key strategic challenge will be far better positioned in the future. Companies that continue to ignore these challenges put themselves at higher risk.
Corporate Governance and Climate Change: Consumer and Technology Companies
Dec 08, 2008
- December 2008 - This Ceres report is the first comprehensive assessment of how 63 of the world’s largest consumer and information technology companies are preparing themselves to face this colossal challenge. The report employs a “Climate Change Governance Framework” to evaluate how 48 US companies and 15 non-US companies are addressing climate change through board oversight, management execution, public disclosure, GHG emissions accounting and strategic planning and performance.
Ceres Annual Report: 2007-2008
Nov 08, 2008
- November 2008 - This Ceres Annual Report 2007–2008 demonstrates the results we have achieved, and the momentum we have created towards our mission of advancing sustainable prosperity.
A Toolkit for Foundations and Individual Investors: Harnessing Your Investments to Help Solve the Climate Crisis
Nov 08, 2008
- November 2008 - Given that climate risks and opportunities are embedded in all asset classes – including equities, fixed income, real estate and alternative investments – there is a growing demand among foundation endowments and individual investors for actions they can take to respond to climate change. This document provides a brief overview of available steps.
Ceres Sustainability Report 2006
Jun 08, 2008
- June 2008 - Ceres Sustainability Report enables our organization to “walk the talk” and serve as a model for other 501 (c) (3) non-profit organizations and small businesses looking to improve their own transparency—illustrating that reporting can be a beneficial process for any organization, regardless of size or type. The process of evaluating our own organization’s infrastructure drives the Ceres staff to improve our own performance and enables us to engage with stakeholders more effectively and from a position of understanding and experience. This is Ceres' fourth sustainability report that details our operations and key impact areas for 2006.
Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Power Producers in the United States
May 08, 2008
- May 2008 - The 2008 Benchmarking report is the sixth collaborative effort highlighting environmental performance and progress in the nation’s electric power sector. The Benchmarking series began in 1997 and uses publicly reported data to compare the emissions performance of the 100 largest power producers in the United States. The current report is based on 2006 generation and emissions data.
2007 Ceres-ACCA Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 08, 2008
- April 2008 - This year, the sustainability reports submitted to the awards were also analyzed against the Global Framework for Climate Risk Disclosure, a multi-stakeholder disclosure standard developed through a partnership of 14 leading investors, the Global Reporting Initiative, and the Carbon Disclosure Project.