BICEP in the News
Read current press clips featuring BICEP.
Levi Strauss & Co., Dignity Health, Gap Inc. & Autodesk Join 24 Companies Supporting California’s Sweeping Clean Energy Bill SB 350
May 28, 2015
- Today 24 companies with a large footprint in California announced their support for SB 350, the “Golden State’s Standard 50-50-50,” that sets new benchmarks for increasing renewable energy and energy efficiency and decreasing petroleum use by 2030.
Environmental Group Helps Big Companies to Change Practices
May 26, 2015
- Who has enough clout to get Fortune 500 giants like PepsiCola, Nike, Disney, Ikea and Apple to change their environmental practices? That credit would go to a Boston-based nonprofit with 80 employees and an $11 million budget, Ceres.
How MillerCoors is brewing more beer with less water
May 21, 2015
- "Liquid gold" is a popular descriptor for a refreshing mug of beer. But in the case of MillerCoors’ sprawling Irwindale, Calif., brewery, the phrase is most applicable to water — or the lack thereof.
Driscoll’s Berries on the Front Lines of Climate Change
May 20, 2015
- We live in strange times. One in 3 people around the world are overweight, and around the world 24 percent of calories are wasted between the farm and the refrigerator. Meanwhile, some 805 million people in the world do not have enough food to lead a healthy, active life: abundance and scarcity, hand in hand.
Apple Joins Ceres Company Network
May 14, 2015
- Ceres announced today that its board of directors has approved Apple as the newest member of the Ceres Company Network. Companies that join the Ceres network demonstrate an executive-level commitment to sustainability and strive to further integrate sustainability into their business strategies.
New Report: Major Food Companies Must Adapt to Escalating Global Water Risks
May 07, 2015
- Major U.S. food companies need to adopt far stronger practices to use limited global water resources more efficiently, according to a report released today by Ceres, a nonprofit sustainability advocacy group.
Epic Drought Forces California Grower to Re-think Water
May 05, 2015
- California’s drought is challenging for all farmers, but it’s especially daunting for growers like Barat Bisabri, who is being forced to re-think his entire business model when it comes to water.
Fortune 500s Hitting The Hill On Earth Day
Apr 21, 2015
- For many companies, Earth Day is a time for releasing corporate sustainability reports, unveiling new environmental initiatives or sponsoring community festivals honoring the day. All laudable initiatives, but with the clock ticking on our ability to limit global temperature increases to 2 degrees Celsius to avoid catastrophic climate change, companies need to up their
Changing the Business Climate in 2015
Apr 14, 2015
- Six years ago, when an international climate treaty in Copenhagen seemed distinctly possible, there was still a discernible gap between the concept of a low-carbon global economy and the capital market’s ability to deliver it.
Beer Companies Join Call for Action on Climate Change
Mar 10, 2015
- New Belgium Brewery, Guinness, Smuttynose Brewing Company and Deschutes Brewery join dozens of brewers in announcing today they’ve signed the Climate Declaration, a business call to action that urges policymakers to seize the economic opportunity of tackling climate change.
Connect the Drops on water conservation
Mar 09, 2015
- Water is essential to human life … and to running our business. In fact, our sustainability work centers on protecting and conserving the natural resource base on which our business depends. Water is at the top of the “most critical natural resources to our business list.”
General Mills, Driscoll’s, Coca-Cola & KB Home Launch Business Campaign Urging Bolder Strategies To Conserve Water
Mar 05, 2015
- As California’s devastating drought enters its fourth year, and farmers face a second consecutive year with reduced surface water supplies, a diverse coalition of global businesses with significant supply chains or operations in California today announced Connect the Drops, a new campaign urging aggressive measures to maximize California's local and state water resources.
Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy Applauds Washington State Action on Clean Fuel Standards
Feb 04, 2015
- BICEP strongly supports enacting a Clean Fuels Standard in Washington. As a flexible market-based mechanism, it allows regulated parties to select the most cost-effective pathways to achieve compliance.
Consumer Brands and Investors Attend State Energy Official Meeting to Advocate Clean Energy Policies
Feb 03, 2015
- Today state energy officials from twelve states, including Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, and Pennsylvania met with eBay, General Mills and Unilever to discuss corporate adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency, and the implications for state policy, at the National Association of State Energy Officials (NASEO) 2015 Energy Policy Outlook Conference.
Boston nonprofit Ceres stresses green effort
Feb 02, 2015
- Ceres, celebrating its 25th anniversary, has become one of the world’s most influential environmental advocates by harnessing capitalism to convince companies that sustainability is central to their competitiveness and bottom lines.
Andersen Signs Ceres Climate Declaration, Declares Goal to Reduce Solid Waste, Energy and Water Use 20 percent by 2020
Jan 29, 2015
- Andersen Corporation announced today that it has signed the Ceres Climate Declaration on behalf of its Andersen® Windows, Renewal by Andersen® and Silver Line® brands. The Climate Declaration works to accelerate the adoption of sustainable business practices to build a healthy global economy.
Why businesses should support the EPA's pollution rules
Jan 27, 2015
- As the US political fight over climate change moves from Washington DC to 50 state capitals, companies that are serious about sustainability need to support the EPA’s proposed rules to curb carbon pollution from existing power plants.
Vulcan Inc. Joins BICEP Coalition
Jan 21, 2015
- Seattle-based Vulcan Inc., a diverse company with real estate, media, sports, aircraft, research, investment and philanthropic portfolios, has joined the BICEP coalition of 33 companies, representing a broad spectrum of business sectors to advocate for innovative climate and clean energy policies.
Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy Applauds New White House Methane Goal
Jan 14, 2015
- A U.S. company network, Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP), applauds the Obama Administration’s announcement today of a new goal, and proposed suite of actions, to cut methane emissions from the oil and gas industry by 40 to 45 percent from 2012 levels by 2025.
9 Reasons Not to be Depressed About the Planet
Dec 30, 2014
- Don’t leave 2014 without realizing there have been notable — often underreported — big capital market breakthroughs on climate change, water protection and other sustainability fronts.