BICEP in the News
Read current press clips featuring BICEP.
Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy Applauds Washington State Action on Clean Fuel Standards
Feb 04, 2015
- BICEP strongly supports enacting a Clean Fuels Standard in Washington. As a flexible market-based mechanism, it allows regulated parties to select the most cost-effective pathways to achieve compliance.
Consumer Brands and Investors Attend State Energy Official Meeting to Advocate Clean Energy Policies
Feb 03, 2015
- Today state energy officials from twelve states, including Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, and Pennsylvania met with eBay, General Mills and Unilever to discuss corporate adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency, and the implications for state policy, at the National Association of State Energy Officials (NASEO) 2015 Energy Policy Outlook Conference.
Boston nonprofit Ceres stresses green effort
Feb 02, 2015
- Ceres, celebrating its 25th anniversary, has become one of the world’s most influential environmental advocates by harnessing capitalism to convince companies that sustainability is central to their competitiveness and bottom lines.
Andersen Signs Ceres Climate Declaration, Declares Goal to Reduce Solid Waste, Energy and Water Use 20 percent by 2020
Jan 29, 2015
- Andersen Corporation announced today that it has signed the Ceres Climate Declaration on behalf of its Andersen® Windows, Renewal by Andersen® and Silver Line® brands. The Climate Declaration works to accelerate the adoption of sustainable business practices to build a healthy global economy.
Why businesses should support the EPA's pollution rules
Jan 27, 2015
- As the US political fight over climate change moves from Washington DC to 50 state capitals, companies that are serious about sustainability need to support the EPA’s proposed rules to curb carbon pollution from existing power plants.
Vulcan Inc. Joins BICEP Coalition
Jan 21, 2015
- Seattle-based Vulcan Inc., a diverse company with real estate, media, sports, aircraft, research, investment and philanthropic portfolios, has joined the BICEP coalition of 33 companies, representing a broad spectrum of business sectors to advocate for innovative climate and clean energy policies.
Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy Applauds New White House Methane Goal
Jan 14, 2015
- A U.S. company network, Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP), applauds the Obama Administration’s announcement today of a new goal, and proposed suite of actions, to cut methane emissions from the oil and gas industry by 40 to 45 percent from 2012 levels by 2025.
9 Reasons Not to be Depressed About the Planet
Dec 30, 2014
- Don’t leave 2014 without realizing there have been notable — often underreported — big capital market breakthroughs on climate change, water protection and other sustainability fronts.
Not business as usual: 200 firms back EPA climate regs
Dec 03, 2014
- More than 200 U.S. companies came together to support a major reduction in carbon pollution from power plants proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency.
Nike, IKEA join 221 companies in backing EPA’s climate rule
Dec 03, 2014
- Major sportswear retailer Nike and furniture giant IKEA are backing the administration’s landmark climate rule on carbon pollution from existing power plants.
Nestlé, JLL, Novelis Inc., and Levi Strauss & Co Join 223 Companies in Supporting EPA’s Clean Power Plan
Dec 02, 2014
- Marking the end of the comment period on the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Power Plan, 223 companies today announced their support for EPA’s proposed carbon standard for electric power plants, including industry giants such as IKEA, Mars Inc., VF Corporation, and Nestlé.
NRG Seeks to Cut 90% of Its Carbon Emissions
Nov 20, 2014
- NRG, which built a leading electricity business from coal and other conventional power plants, is aiming to reduce its carbon emissions 50 percent by 2030 and 90 percent by 2050.
Statement from Ceres president Mindy Lubber on US-China Climate Agreement
Nov 12, 2014
- The agreement by the world's two largest economies and carbon emitters is a game changer on every level. These joint carbon pollution and clean energy commitments will help catalyze clean energy investments globally.
Fossil Fuel Companies Must Evolve for Warming Planet
Nov 11, 2014
- We talk a lot in this country about what it takes to enact change -- from politics to finance and education systems. Time and again, we've seen that regular people have the power to drive reform, and that there is strength in numbers.
Election Statement from Ceres President Mindy Lubber
Nov 05, 2014
- The election may have changed the political dynamics in Washington, but it doesn't change the science. The reality of global warming and the need for urgent action remain an imperative, a point made clear by this week’s alarming IPCC report. Business leaders understand this truth.
Statement from Ceres President Mindy Lubber regarding yesterday's release of Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Synthesis Report in Copenhagen
Nov 03, 2014
- The IPCC report is alarming and should be a wake-up call to government leaders. It conclusively demonstrates that we need to act now on climate change and that failing to do so will be enormously costly for the environment and the global economy.
Over 100 Washington Businesses Call for State Action on Climate Change
Oct 27, 2014
- Over 100 businesses, including Virginia Mason, Microsoft, REI, and Saltchuk launched an open declaration calling for action on climate change. The Washington Business Climate Declaration highlights the support of state business leaders for action on climate change that would preserve and expand our state’s vibrant economy.
A Retreat From Weather Disasters
Oct 24, 2014
- Today, from Florida to Delaware, property insurance near the water is becoming harder and harder to find.
First-of-its-Kind Report Ranks U.S. Insurance Companies on Climate Change Responses
Oct 22, 2014
- Amid growing evidence that climate change is having wide-ranging global impacts that will worsen in the years ahead, a new report from Ceres ranks the nation's 330 largest insurance companies on what they are saying and doing to respond to escalating climate risks.
Corn Belt Pollution: Louisiana Shrimp And Oysters Pay The Price
Oct 21, 2014
- Coastal Louisiana faces a complex web of environmental challenges from land loss, to declining fisheries, water quality problems and climate change.