Jobs and Internships
Are you ready to change corporate, investor and business practices on climate change and other sustainability challenges? Are you interested in working with Fortune 500 companies to help them reach new heights on environmental and social performance? Do you have the strategic savvy to engage entire industries — the insurance sector, for example — to tackle the business impacts from climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability issues? Ceres is seeking the best and the brightest candidates to fill these positions in our growing organization.
Ceres is a nonprofit organization mobilizing business and investor leadership on climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability challenges. Ceres directs the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a network of over 100 institutional investors with collective assets totaling more than $12 trillion. Ceres also directs Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy (BICEP), an advocacy coalition of nearly 30 businesses committed to working with policy makers to pass meaningful energy and climate legislation. The Ceres Company Network includes over 60 corporations working to improve their performance and governance for sustainability.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
The following positions are now available:
Senior Associate, Human Resources
Sep 23, 2015
- The Senior Associate will oversee or provide support in the selection and hiring process, staff orientation and training, and employee benefits selection and enrollment. The position is located in our Boston office and will work with and report to the Senior Department Director of Human Resources and Operations. This job offers an opportunity for a friendly, organized, and trustworthy individual who is early in their Human Resources career to join a growing organization and engage in a variety of activities.
Operations Assistant, Human Resources & Operations
Sep 23, 2015
- The Operations Assistant will serve as the receptionist and provide support in managing the Ceres office, including maintenance of common areas, and monitor and track all office equipment and electronics. This role will also provide logistics support for any office move activity and the annual Ceres Conference. Lastly, the role will support the production of the Ceres’ Sustainability Report by tracking and organizing data for the report. The position is located in our Boston office and will work with and report to the Senior Department Director of Human Resources and Operations. This job offers an opportunity for an energetic friendly, and organized individual who is early in their professional career to join a growing organization and engage in a variety of activities.
Program Assistant, Investor Program
Sep 15, 2015
- Ceres is looking to hire a Program Assistant for our Investor Program. This position will provide support and coordination of program work, events, and internal and external communications. The Assistant will assist the team in their work with investors on sustainability issues; such as seeking to improve corporate and investment practices on climate change, water, resource scarcity, clean energy and related environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues. The investors are part of Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a network of 110 investors managing over $13 trillion of assets. Members include asset managers, state treasurers, pension funds, foundations, and religious institutional investors, among others. INCR is a project of Ceres. For more information, please visit (www.incr.com). This is a full-time staff position that will report to the Senior Program Director, Investor Program.
Senior Manager, Corporate Program
Sep 15, 2015
- Ceres’ Corporate Program is looking to hire a Senior Manager, with preferred knowledge of companies in consumer-facing sectors, such as Information Communications Technology (ICT), Retail, and Apparel/ Footwear. Content knowledge should encompass environmental and social sustainability issues, such as those related to company supply chains, products, employees and environmental issues beyond climate and energy. This is a full-time position, based in our Boston office and will report to a Director of the Corporate Program.
Manager, California Program
Aug 17, 2015
- Ceres is seeking a Manager for its California programs. This Manager will be a key member of Ceres’ growing California office and will play a critical role in implementing Ceres’ water and climate policy and business advocacy work in California. This Manager will be knowledgeable about environmental and sustainability issues and have experience working with nonprofit and private sector organizations.
Jul 29, 2015
- Ceres actively seeks to engage interns in our work. We have a number of exciting projects going at any one time and find the logistical, research, analysis, and writing support of interns to be of great value. We also hope working here inspires the next generation of professionals to "accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainability business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy." Ceres hires a combination of undergraduate and graduate students, and that is often dictated by the projects we are managing.