Jobs and Internships
Are you ready to change corporate, investor and business practices on climate change and other sustainability challenges? Are you interested in working with Fortune 500 companies to help them reach new heights on environmental and social performance? Do you have the strategic savvy to engage entire industries — the insurance sector, for example — to tackle the business impacts from climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability issues? Ceres is seeking the best and the brightest candidates to fill these positions in our growing organization.
Ceres is a nonprofit organization mobilizing business and investor leadership on climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability challenges. Ceres directs the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a network of over 100 institutional investors with collective assets totaling more than $12 trillion. Ceres also directs Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy (BICEP), an advocacy coalition of nearly 30 businesses committed to working with policy makers to pass meaningful energy and climate legislation. The Ceres Company Network includes over 60 corporations working to improve their performance and governance for sustainability.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
The following positions are now available:
Director, Programmatic Communications
Nov 17, 2015
- This Director will oversee targeted, proactive positioning of Ceres as the leading nonprofit sustainability advocacy organization mobilizing business leadership and capital market solutions on global sustainability challenges. The Director will plan, develop and manage communications to ensure the delivery of consistent and effective messages in support of Ceres’ key programmatic and organizational goals. Communications will include integrated media outreach, online engagement, and other internal/external materials, and will utilize Ceres wide-ranging assets (Company Network, BICEP, INCR members and other stakeholders).
Senior Associate, Foundations, Development
Nov 17, 2015
- The Senior Associate role is focused on writing proposals to national and regional foundations, as well as interim and final reports that describe the impact achieved with these awards. The Senior Associate will work closely with the Senior Manager, Foundations and program staff across the organization to translate programmatic plans into compelling funding proposals and reports that evaluate and document successes and progress towards long-term goals and objectives. The Senior Associate will report directly to the Senior Manager, Foundation Development, and will work as a member of the Development team.
Senior Manager, Water Infrastructure
Nov 06, 2015
- The Senior Manager, Water Infrastructure position is a full-time role, reporting to the Director of the Water Infrastructure Project. The Ceres Water Program works with our investor and environmental advocacy partners to accelerate the development of sustainable water systems in the United States. This position will play a pivotal role in Ceres’ efforts to advance sustainable water stewardship by water service providers responsible for delivering 80% of water used by homes and businesses in the Western United States. Primary areas of focus will include improving the transparency of the water sector through development of improved disclosure and credit risk analysis; decoupling of water system revenues from volumetric water sales to enable utilities to pursue water conservation as part of their primary business model; driving more efficient integration of water risk data by investors; and collaboratively developing intellectual capital on investment vehicles capable of directing institutional dollars toward sustainable water systems including energy efficient treatment systems and distributed infrastructure. This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or Austin, TX.
Senior Associate, Shareholder Engagement, Investor Program
Oct 13, 2015
- Ceres is looking to hire a Senior Associate in our Investor Program to play a key role in our work with investors on climate change. This position will focus on coordinating and supporting investors who are seeking to improve corporate practices on climate change, renewable energy and environmental governance through engagements with the companies they own.
Senior Associate, Human Resources
Sep 23, 2015
- The Senior Associate will oversee or provide support in the selection and hiring process, staff orientation and training, and employee benefits selection and enrollment. The position is located in our Boston office and will work with and report to the Senior Department Director of Human Resources and Operations. This job offers an opportunity for a friendly, organized, and trustworthy individual who is early in their Human Resources career to join a growing organization and engage in a variety of activities.
Jul 29, 2015
- Ceres actively seeks to engage interns in our work. We have a number of exciting projects going at any one time and find the logistical, research, analysis, and writing support of interns to be of great value. We also hope working here inspires the next generation of professionals to "accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainability business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy." Ceres hires a combination of undergraduate and graduate students, and that is often dictated by the projects we are managing.