Set New Standards and Expectations
In order to meet the new challenges of the 21st century, companies and investors must ask new questions and set new standards for success. Ceres has a long history of setting new standards and expectations for leadership by investors and businesses on sustainability disclosure, performance and corporate governance. We will continue to define best practices on sustainability and governance in the 21st century and ensure there is widespread adoption and accountability.
How We Will Get There:
- Ensure boards of directors at all companies have explicit oversight over climate change and other sustainability risks and integrate sustainability into performance evaluations and incentive packages of CEOs and senior executives.
- Ensure all companies are issuing GRI-based reports with specific performance goals and targets for operations, products and services, supply chains and employee programs.
- Benchmark and rank the world's 500 largest companies in carbon-intensive sectors, financial services, consumer goods and technology on climate change and other sustainability practices.
- Lead a collaborative effort to define what a 21st century sustainable corporation should look like, including the 21st century "utility of the future."
Carbon Asset Risk: A Review of Progress and Opportunities
Jun 30, 2015
- n September 2013, Ceres and the Carbon Tracker Initiative launched the Carbon Asset Risk (“CAR”) Initiative with support from the Global Investor Coalition. This report chronicles major shifts in the financial landscape since the CAR effort began.
Water Connection Charges: A Tool for Encouraging Water-Efficient Growth
Aug 11, 2015
- As many U.S. communities are struggling to support growing populations with limited water resources, very few of them are utilizing water connection charges to increase water-savvy residential development projects in their communities.
Investor Network on Climate Risk: Year in Review 2014-2015
May 27, 2015
- The 2014-2015 INCR Year in Review highlights the key activities, events and initiatives that INCR members and Ceres have undertaken from June 2014 through early 2015.
21st Century Engagement: Investor Strategies for Incorporating ESG Considerations into Corporate Interactions
May 28, 2015
- 21st Century Engagement: Investor Strategies for Incorporating ESG Considerations into Corporate Interactions is a guide for U.S. institutional investors on engaging with companies and policymakers on sustainability issues and includes tactics and case studies from 37 engagement experts spanning six countries.
The 21st Century Corporation: The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability
Mar 10, 2010
- March 2010 - The Ceres Roadmap serves as a vision and practical guide for integrating sustainability into the DNA of business — from the boardroom to the copy room. It analyzes the drivers, risks and opportunities involved in making the shift to sustainability, and details strategies and results from companies who are taking on these challenges. The Ceres Roadmap is designed to provide a comprehensive platform for sustainable business strategy and for accelerating best practices and performance.