Set New Standards and Expectations
In order to meet the new challenges of the 21st century, companies and investors must ask new questions and set new standards for success. Ceres has a long history of setting new standards and expectations for leadership by investors and businesses on sustainability disclosure, performance and corporate governance. We will continue to define best practices on sustainability and governance in the 21st century and ensure there is widespread adoption and accountability.
How We Will Get There:
- Ensure boards of directors at all companies have explicit oversight over climate change and other sustainability risks and integrate sustainability into performance evaluations and incentive packages of CEOs and senior executives.
- Ensure all companies are issuing GRI-based reports with specific performance goals and targets for operations, products and services, supply chains and employee programs.
- Benchmark and rank the world's 500 largest companies in carbon-intensive sectors, financial services, consumer goods and technology on climate change and other sustainability practices.
- Lead a collaborative effort to define what a 21st century sustainable corporation should look like, including the 21st century "utility of the future."
The 21st Century Investor: Ceres Blueprint for Sustainable Investing Summary
May 02, 2013
- This is a summary report of The 21st Century Investor: Ceres Blueprint for Sustainable Investing (the “Ceres Investor Blueprint”), released in June 2013.
Exxon Valdez Oil Spill Still Leaves a Painful Legacy
Mar 24, 2014
- Exactly 25 years ago, 260,000 barrels of crude oil from the Exxon Valdez oil tanker inundated the frigid, fragile waters of Alaska's Prince William Sound.
The Future is Possible: Ceres Annual Report 2012
Sep 25, 2013
- Our latest annual report highlights our accomplishments over the last year in mobilizing our powerful networks of investors and companies to integrate environmental and social concerns into their decision-making and operations. It discusses our efforts to move key economic players like the insurance industry and to transform capital market systems in order to address the most pressing sustainability challenges of our time—water scarcity, the depletion of natural resources, and the growing impacts of climate change.
Investor Listing Standards Proposal: Recommendations for Stock Exchange Requirements on Corporate Sustainability Reporting
Mar 26, 2014
- This document is a proposal and set of investor recommendations on a stock exchange listing standard focused on corporate sustainability disclosure. The aim of the proposal is to establish key elements of a minimum global standard for corporate sustainability reporting.
Guide for Responsible Corporate Engagement in Climate Policy
Nov 14, 2013
- This report is designed to help companies inform and accelerate the policies most urgently needed to support a stable global economy. And it is designed to help businesses engage in national and international debates.