Set New Standards and Expectations
In order to meet the new challenges of the 21st century, companies and investors must ask new questions and set new standards for success. Ceres has a long history of setting new standards and expectations for leadership by investors and businesses on sustainability disclosure, performance and corporate governance. We will continue to define best practices on sustainability and governance in the 21st century and ensure there is widespread adoption and accountability.
How We Will Get There:
- Ensure boards of directors at all companies have explicit oversight over climate change and other sustainability risks and integrate sustainability into performance evaluations and incentive packages of CEOs and senior executives.
- Ensure all companies are issuing GRI-based reports with specific performance goals and targets for operations, products and services, supply chains and employee programs.
- Benchmark and rank the world's 500 largest companies in carbon-intensive sectors, financial services, consumer goods and technology on climate change and other sustainability practices.
- Lead a collaborative effort to define what a 21st century sustainable corporation should look like, including the 21st century "utility of the future."
2002 Ceres ACCA Sustainability Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 01, 2002
- April 2002 - In this first year, CERES and ACCA received applications from 19 companies for sustainability, environmental and social reports that were published in 2002 for year 2001 performance. A 5-person judges' panel met in February to select the award winners.
Value at Risk: Climate Change and the Future of Governance
Apr 01, 2002
- April 2002 - This report examines the mounting evidence of the potentially devastating financial consequences of climate change across a wide range of economic sectors and finds that "climate risk" is embedded, to some degree, in every business and investment portfolio.
Ceres 2001 Sustainability Report
Dec 01, 2002
- December 2002 - Covering our performance during calendar year 2001, this report details our own successes and challenges as we strive to operate in a sustainable manner.
Ceres 2003 Annual Report
Jan 01, 2004
- January 2004 - The 2003 Ceres Annual Report reviews our extraordinary achievements over the last year, including new reports, a pension fund "Call to Action", and dialogues and resolutions resulted in climate change commitments from companies.
2003 Ceres ACCA Sustainability Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 01, 2003
- April 2003 - In its second year, ACCA and CERES received 52 reporting award applications from 48 companies, including 32 sustainability reports, 12 environmental reports and 8 social reports. An 8-person judges' panel met in February to select the award winners.