Ceres In The News
Listing of news clips featuring Ceres and our work.
Alberta’s Oil Sands Raise Flaring Emissions as Rules Lag
Jun 18, 2013
- In the farming country of northwest Alberta, heavy oil wells are becoming more common than cattle and combines. Along with money and jobs, the boom has brought smells and fumes that are adding to the greenhouse gas emissions from Canada’s oil sands.
More solar energy powering Corporate America
May 12, 2014
- Corporate America is going solar as more companies join President Obama's call to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Washington’s Top Firms Silent On Climate Risks Despite SEC Rule
Sep 26, 2013
- Most publicly held companies — including some of the biggest companies in Washington — aren’t informing investors of the risks they face from climate change.
Carbon producers can meet EPA's limits as they have in the past
Jul 14, 2014
- Nothing in past experience, or the power sector's current preparedness, suggests that the nation's electric system is at risk or that rates will spike when EPA carbon-reducing limits for power plants go into effect. Quite the contrary: cutting carbon from the electric sector is a vital step forward in creating a sustainable economy in a warming world.
Why Closing a Power Plant Could Be Part of Austin's Water Solution
Sep 02, 2014
- Last week, Austin's city council approved a plan to wean Austin off Decker Power Plant electricity, opting to shutter the plant to lower citywide carbon emissions. If that happens, the lake could serve as Austin’s new city reservoir.
Sustainable Profits: Managerial Failure Vs. Visionary Leadership
May 13, 2013
- Sustainability advocacy organization Ceres held its annual conference in San Francisco last week, and it was full of thought-provoking presentations and conversations about sustainability and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) opportunities and challenges.
Investor Group Proposes ESG Disclosure Rules
May 13, 2013
- The Ceres-led Investor Network on Climate Risk has proposed that companies listed on US and global stock exchanges be required to include a series of environmental, social and governance sustainability disclosures in their annual financial filings.
Business lobbying on climate change is 'a murmur and not a message'
Apr 11, 2014
- A coalition including IKEA, Mars and eBay is lobbying US government for regulation to curb climate change. But for Washington to listen, businesses must make it a core issue