A comprehensive listing of Ceres reports and publications from 2002 - present, including resources for companies, investors, industry leaders and policymakers about integrating sustainability into the bottom line.
2005 Investor Summit on Climate Risk – Final Report
May 10, 2005
- More than 400 institutional investors, fund managers, financial advisors, and other experts from fifteen countries and four continents gathered at the United Nations on May 10, 2005 for the 2005 Institutional Investor Summit on Climate Risk. The participants engaged in peer-to-peer discussions with leading scientists, investors, and business leaders on how investors can minimize climate risk and maximize opportunities, especially from new clean energy technologies.
Investor Progress Report: Results Achieved Since the 2003 Institutional Summit on Climate Risk
May 06, 2005
- May 2005 - This report assesses progress investors have made on the 2003 Investor Call to Action on Climate Risk that was announced in November 2003. The report, released at the Institutional Investor Summit on Climate Risk at the UN in May 2005, shows that investors met or exceeded their objectives in six of the 10 priority areas.
2005 Call for Action: Managing Climate Risk and Capturing the Opportunities
May 06, 2005
- May 2005 - This Call to Action was released at the May 2005 Institutional Investor Summit on Climate Risk at the United Nations. Two-dozen institutional investors, recognizing that climate risk poses significant risks and opportunities for investors and our economy, pledged to move forward to implement 10 steps in the Call to Action.
Ceres 2002-2003 Sustainability Report
May 06, 2005
- May 2005 - Sustainability reporting can benefit all organizations and companies, regardless of their size or type of organization. This new report focuses on Ceres' 2002 and 2003 operations and impacts.
Electric Power Climate Risk Disclosure
Apr 06, 2005
- April 2005 - The Ceres report analyses three climate risk reports published recently by three of the country's largest power sector companies, American Electric Power, Cinergy and TXU.
2004 Ceres ACCA Sustainability Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 01, 2005
- April 2005 - The judges report for the 2004 Ceres-ACCA North American Sustainability Reporting Awards. The winners were announced at the April 2005 Ceres annual conference in Boston.
Facility Reporting Project: Sustainability Reporting Guidance
Mar 01, 2005
- Developed in 2004, Ceres' Facility Reporting Project's guidance is a tool to support facilities (and their parent organizations) in voluntary public reporting of facility-level sustainability performance information. It consists of environmental, social, and economic indicators relevant to local stakeholders, and provides step-by-step guidance to assist in the reporting process.
Unexamined Risk: How Mutual Funds Vote on Global Warming Shareholder Resolutions
Dec 01, 2004
- December 2004 - This report by Ceres and the Investor Responsibility Research Center (IRRC) examined how the largest 100 mutual funds in America voted in 2004 on global warming shareholder resolutions. The study showed that only two percent of the assets of the 100 largest funds supported resolutions calling for more corporate disclosure on the financial impacts from global warming.
Questions and Answers for Investors on Climate Risk
Dec 01, 2004
- December 2004 - A basic guide to climate change, the risks it presents to investors, and what investors can do about it.
Climate Change Risks and the SEC: Summary Report
Oct 01, 2004
- October 2004 - Four-dozen participants from public pension funds, business, nonprofits, government, foundations, the United Nations and academia considered the risks climate change poses to companies and investors, the quality of existing climate risk disclosure, and measures the SEC could take to improve it.
Sustainability and Risk: Climate Change and Fiduciary Duty for the 21st Century Trustee
Sep 01, 2004
- September 2004 - This report is designed to educate pension fund trustees about the connection between fiduciary responsibility and the risks to investments posed by global climate change. It was prepared in conjunction with a training forum held at Harvard University.
Investor Guide to Climate Risk
Jul 01, 2004
- July 2004 - This report outlines specific investor strategies for addressing the financial risks and investment opportunities posed by global warming.
Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Generation Owners in the U.S. - 2004
Apr 20, 2004
- April 2004 - This 2004 report from Ceres, the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Public Service Enterprise Group compares CO2 and other emissions from the country's 100 largest power companies. The report showed a 25 percent increase in CO2 emissions from power generating companies from 1990 to 2002.
Ceres 2003 Annual Report
Jan 01, 2004
- January 2004 - The 2003 Ceres Annual Report reviews our extraordinary achievements over the last year, including new reports, a pension fund "Call to Action", and dialogues and resolutions resulted in climate change commitments from companies.
2003 Institutional Investor Summit on Climate Risk Final Report
Dec 01, 2003
- Major pension fund managers and institutional investors, along with representatives of leading Wall Street fund management firms, met for the first time to consider the potential risks to their portfolios posed by climate change at the Institutional Investor Summit on Climate Risk at the United Nations on November 21, 2003. This report reviews what participants discussed.
Corporate Governance and Climate Change: Making the Connection - 2003
Jun 20, 2003
- June 2003 - An assessment of how 20 of the world's biggest corporate emitters of greenhouse gases are factoring climate change into their business strategies and governance practices.
Electric Power, Investors, and Climate Change: A Call to Action
Jun 01, 2003
- June 2003 - This report summarizes the results of a year-long dialogue among electric power representatives, investors, and environmentalists regarding global climate change. It includes specific recommendations for government and private sector action on the issue.
Sleeping Tiger, Hidden Liabilities: Amid growing risk and industry movement on climate change ExxonMobil falls farther behind
May 01, 2003
- May 2003 - This new report from Claros Consulting finds that ExxonMobil is now alone among the four "supermajor" oil companies in refusing to take meaningful action to mitigate the growing risks posed by global warming.
2003 Ceres ACCA Sustainability Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 01, 2003
- April 2003 - In its second year, ACCA and CERES received 52 reporting award applications from 48 companies, including 32 sustainability reports, 12 environmental reports and 8 social reports. An 8-person judges' panel met in February to select the award winners.
Ceres 2001 Sustainability Report
Dec 01, 2002
- December 2002 - Covering our performance during calendar year 2001, this report details our own successes and challenges as we strive to operate in a sustainable manner.