Ceres real estate related reports
Stormy Future for U.S. Property/Casualty Insurers: The Growing Costs and Risks of Extreme Weather Events
Sep 20, 2012
- This Ceres report examines how extreme weather trends may be a harbinger of significant challenges ahead for a sector in which many companies are already confronting profitability and growth challenges. This analysis is based on a careful review of U.S. property/casualty insurance industry financial results as reported by A. M. Best Company in early 2012.
The Road to 2020: Corporate Progress on the Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability
Apr 25, 2012
- The Road to 2020: Corporate Progress on The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability (www.ceres.org/roadto2020) assesses how U.S. businesses are progressing on sustainability and uses as a framework, The 21st Century Corporation: The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability—a guide for integrating sustainability across a company’s entire enterprise. Specifically, it evaluates where 600 large publicly traded companies stand on sustainability issues in terms of governance, stakeholder engagement, disclosure and performance.
The 21st Century Corporation: The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability
Mar 10, 2010
- March 2010 - The Ceres Roadmap serves as a vision and practical guide for integrating sustainability into the DNA of business — from the boardroom to the copy room. It analyzes the drivers, risks and opportunities involved in making the shift to sustainability, and details strategies and results from companies who are taking on these challenges. The Ceres Roadmap is designed to provide a comprehensive platform for sustainable business strategy and for accelerating best practices and performance.
Energy Efficiency and Real Estate: Opportunities for Investors
Dec 10, 2009
- December 2009 - This report outlines the business case that investing in energy efficiency enhanced value in real estate portfolios. The report concludes that, whether investors have direct control over the properties in their portfolio or not, taking steps to reduce energy use makes financial sense. The report lays out the steps investors can take to improve energy efficiency, and presents best practices for different types of investments.
Corporate Governance and Climate Change: Consumer and Technology Companies
Dec 08, 2008
- December 2008 - This Ceres report is the first comprehensive assessment of how 63 of the world’s largest consumer and information technology companies are preparing themselves to face this colossal challenge. The report employs a “Climate Change Governance Framework” to evaluate how 48 US companies and 15 non-US companies are addressing climate change through board oversight, management execution, public disclosure, GHG emissions accounting and strategic planning and performance.