Footwear and Apparel
Ceres electric power related reports
Guide for Responsible Corporate Engagement in Climate Policy
Nov 14, 2013
- This report is designed to help companies inform and accelerate the policies most urgently needed to support a stable global economy. And it is designed to help businesses engage in national and international debates.
Improving Workers' Well-Being: A New Approach to Supply Chain Engagement
Apr 25, 2012
- Pioneering a new strategy for its supply chain requires that LS&Co. also design a new approach to the engagement and support of its manufacturing suppliers. At the heart of this new approach is the company’s ongoing commitment to the protection of human rights and improvement of supplier performance through its current TOE, which remains as relevant today as it was 20 years ago. The following chapter presents the core components of this new strategy, along with a summary of key stakeholder feedback and guidance gathered throughout these Ceres’ led dialogues.
Disclosing Climate Risks: A Guide for Corporate Executives, Attorneys & Directors
Feb 06, 2011
- February 2011 - This Ceres report, developed with input from its 90-plus member Investor Network on Climate Risk, outlines generally weak climate disclosure to date by businesses and steps for improving such disclosure, especially in annual 10-K financial filings that are next due from companies by March 31, 2011. It comes just a week after the consulting firm Mercer issued a new study warning that climate change could increase investment portfolio risk by 10 percent over the next 20 years.
2009 Ceres-ACCA Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 01, 2010
- April 2010 - Ninety-three sustainability reports from companies and organizations, representing over 20 sectors, were submitted for review this year. Of these, fourteen reports were short-listed and an expert panel of judges met in January 2010 to select the award winners.
2008 Ceres-ACCA Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 08, 2009
- April 2009 - Ninety-seven sustainability reports from companies and organizations representing a range of sectors were submitted for review this year. Of these, 19 reports were short-listed and an expert panel of judges met in January 2009 to select the award winners.
Corporate Governance and Climate Change: Consumer and Technology Companies
Dec 08, 2008
- December 2008 - This Ceres report is the first comprehensive assessment of how 63 of the world’s largest consumer and information technology companies are preparing themselves to face this colossal challenge. The report employs a “Climate Change Governance Framework” to evaluate how 48 US companies and 15 non-US companies are addressing climate change through board oversight, management execution, public disclosure, GHG emissions accounting and strategic planning and performance.
The Quiet Revolution in Business Reporting
May 06, 2007
- May 2007 - This report discusses the limitations of business reporting under today's accounting rules, chronicles the progress made by a variety of disclosure initiatives since the 1990s, and identifies the Global Reporting Initiative as the emerging standard in comprehensive non-financial reporting. The report anticipates a future where comprehensive business disclosure has become a core component of good corporate governance, enabling corporate executives and boards to anticipate new challenges, make effective long-term investments, and respond to the increased complexity of an interdependent global economy.
2006 Corporate Governance and Climate Change: Making the Connection
Mar 20, 2006
- March 2006 - The 2006 Corporate Governance and Climate Change: Making the Connection report includes a 30-page summary report comprised of the executive summary, the climate governance scoring criteria, the 100 company scores and sector-specific findings. The report also includes 2- to 3-page profiles on each of the companies evaluated.
Managing the Risks and Opportunities of Climate Change: A Practical Toolkit for Corporate Leaders
Jan 06, 2006
- January 2006 - Ceres and the Investor Network on Climate Risk have published a new toolkit to help corporate leaders and directors address the strategic and financial challenges associated with global climate change.
Ceres 2002-2003 Sustainability Report
May 06, 2005
- May 2005 - Sustainability reporting can benefit all organizations and companies, regardless of their size or type of organization. This new report focuses on Ceres' 2002 and 2003 operations and impacts.
Facility Reporting Project: Sustainability Reporting Guidance
Mar 01, 2005
- Developed in 2004, Ceres' Facility Reporting Project's guidance is a tool to support facilities (and their parent organizations) in voluntary public reporting of facility-level sustainability performance information. It consists of environmental, social, and economic indicators relevant to local stakeholders, and provides step-by-step guidance to assist in the reporting process.
Corporate Governance and Climate Change: Making the Connection - 2003
Jun 20, 2003
- June 2003 - An assessment of how 20 of the world's biggest corporate emitters of greenhouse gases are factoring climate change into their business strategies and governance practices.