Ceres electric power related reports
Best Practices in Climate Change Risk Analysis for the Electric Power Sector
Oct 01, 2006
- October 2006 - With input from investors, financial firms and electric power companies, this report outlines actions that power companies and Wall Street firms should take to address the financial risks posed by climate change. The report highlights best practices in climate risk disclosure by electric power companies and specific steps that investors, analysts and companies should take to improve their analysis of the risks that future climate change regulations pose for power companies.
Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Power Producers in the United States 2004
Apr 06, 2006
- April 2006 - A new report evaluating air pollution trends at the nation's 100 largest electric power producers shows that emissions of sulfur dioxide (SO2) and nitrogen oxides (NOx) have fallen markedly in recent years, but carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions increased and will likely spike in coming years.
Electric Power Climate Risk Disclosure
Apr 06, 2005
- April 2005 - The Ceres report analyses three climate risk reports published recently by three of the country's largest power sector companies, American Electric Power, Cinergy and TXU.
Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Generation Owners in the U.S. - 2004
Apr 20, 2004
- April 2004 - This 2004 report from Ceres, the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Public Service Enterprise Group compares CO2 and other emissions from the country's 100 largest power companies. The report showed a 25 percent increase in CO2 emissions from power generating companies from 1990 to 2002.
Electric Power, Investors, and Climate Change: A Call to Action
Jun 01, 2003
- June 2003 - This report summarizes the results of a year-long dialogue among electric power representatives, investors, and environmentalists regarding global climate change. It includes specific recommendations for government and private sector action on the issue.
Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Generation Owners in the U.S. - 2000
Mar 20, 2002
- March 2002 - This report examines and compares air pollutant emissions of the 100 largest power producers in the U.S., based on year 2000 ownership and emissions data. These producers own about 2,000 power plants and account for about 90 percent of reported electricity generation and emissions.