A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
Multiplying Our Impact: Ceres 2009-2010 Annual Report
Nov 20, 2010
- November 2010 - This Ceres Annual Report highlights the remarkable achievements that we have made over the past year in working to build a sustainable global economy. It highlights our successes in four of today's most pressing sustainability issues: the scarcity of water, the need to replace fossil fuels with clean energy, supporting human rights and combating climate change. Ceres' Annual Report also includes case studies of the achievements we have made with our partners, including Oxfam America, Ford Motor Co. and the California Public Employees' Retirement System.
The Ripple Effect: Water Risk in the Municipal Bond Market
Oct 22, 2010
- October 2010 - Growing water scarcity in many parts of the United States is a hidden financial risk for investors who buy the water and electric utility bonds that finance much of the country's vast water and power infrastructure, according to this first-ever report by Ceres and Water Asset Management. The report evaluates and ranks water scarcity risks for public water and power utilities in some of the country's most water-stressed regions, including Los Angeles, Phoenix, Dallas and Atlanta.
The 21st Century Electric Utility: Positioning for a Low-Carbon Future
Jul 27, 2010
- July 2010 - This report identifies five key elements of a 21st century electric utility business model and makes specific recommendations to utilities as they transition to a low-carbon future. It is by no means the final word on this complex and constantly evolving subject. Rather it is a starting point for utilities, policymakers, regulators, investors, analysts, and advocates to consider the utility decisions and behaviors best suited to helping us realize the energy future we all want – a future that, as the report says, “minimizes cost, risk and environmental impact, and maximizes opportunity, options and societal benefit.”
Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Power Producers in the United States 2010
Jun 14, 2010
- June 2010 - The 2010 Benchmarking report is the seventh collaborative effort highlighting environmental performance and progress in the nation’s electric power sector. The Benchmarking series began in 1997 and uses publicly reported data to compare the emissions performance of the 100 largest power producers in the United States. The current report is based on 2008 generation and emissions data.
Mutual Funds and Climate Change: Growing Support for Shareholder Resolutions 2010
Jun 01, 2010
- June 2010 - This year’s report evaluates proxy votes on climate change shareholder resolutions by 46 leading mutual fund families, with collective assets under management totaling more than $5 trillion. The analysis covers 17,834 proxy votes cast from 2004 to 2009 on 96 climate-related shareholder resolutions.
Canada's Oil Sands: Shrinking Window of Opportunity
May 14, 2010
- May 2010 - This report examines how carbon and land reclamation regulations, climate change and other environmental and social issues may adversely affect the future of oil sands development in Alberta.
Climate Change Risk Perception and Management: A Survey of Risk Managers
Apr 22, 2010
- April 2010 - This report describes the results of a survey of corporate risk managers conducted by Zurich Financial Services, the Professional Risk Managers’ International Association (PRMIA) and Ceres. The survey is a first step in assessing whether and to what extent risk managers are concerned about the risks posed by climate change regulation and/or by climate change itself, and how well the insurance industry is or is not serving risk managers to transfer or manage the risks in this arena.
2009 Ceres-ACCA Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 01, 2010
- April 2010 - Ninety-three sustainability reports from companies and organizations, representing over 20 sectors, were submitted for review this year. Of these, fourteen reports were short-listed and an expert panel of judges met in January 2010 to select the award winners.
The 21st Century Corporation: The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability
Mar 10, 2010
- March 2010 - The Ceres Roadmap serves as a vision and practical guide for integrating sustainability into the DNA of business — from the boardroom to the copy room. It analyzes the drivers, risks and opportunities involved in making the shift to sustainability, and details strategies and results from companies who are taking on these challenges. The Ceres Roadmap is designed to provide a comprehensive platform for sustainable business strategy and for accelerating best practices and performance.
Global Climate Disclosure Framework for Oil & Gas Companies
Mar 10, 2010
- March 2010 - In general, companies in the Oil and Gas industry are more transparent than the average of other sectors in respect of their climate-related performances. Nonetheless, the information provided by most companies remains inadequate to fully gauge the exposure of companies to evolving climate change related pressures. This report outlines the main areas of reporting necessary to allow investors to fully assess the impacts of climate-related changes on Oil and Gas companies.