A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
Power Forward: Why the World’s Largest Companies are Investing in Renewable Energy
Dec 10, 2012
- This report shows that a majority of Fortune 100 companies have set a renewable energy commitment, a greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction commitment or both. The trend is even stronger internationally, as more than two-thirds of Fortune’s Global 100 have set the same commitments.
Ceres Annual Report 2011-2012
Dec 07, 2012
- In this report you will find highlights of our work over the past year, including groundbreaking reports that are helping reshape the nation’s electric-power sector; new tools to help industry use water more efficiently; successful efforts to require insurance companies to publicly disclose climate-related financial risks; progress on new stock exchange listing requirements for sustainability disclosure; and a major evaluation of the sustainability performance of 600 large U.S. companies.
Scaling Sustainability: 2012-2015 Ceres Strategic Plan
Nov 05, 2012
- Over the next three years, Ceres will work with its core constituencies to accelerate the adoption of sustainable business practices, integrate sustainability risks and opportunities into corporate and investor strategies, and establish new rules of the road. Our strategic plan lays out our goals for the next three years and how we expect to achieve them.
Investor Expectations for Improving Environmental & Social Performance in Canadian Oil Sands Development
Oct 22, 2012
- A group of 49 investors with $2 trillion in assets under management are calling on Canadian oil sands developers to dramatically reduce the environmental and social impact of their operations.
Incorporating Environmental, Social and Governance Factors into Investing: A Survey of Investment Consultant Practices
Oct 05, 2012
- This report shows that investment consultants retained by major asset owners such as pension funds, foundations and endowments have generally not considered environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) risks and opportunities as they advise their investor clients on their portfolios.
Stormy Future for U.S. Property/Casualty Insurers: The Growing Costs and Risks of Extreme Weather Events
Sep 20, 2012
- This Ceres report examines how extreme weather trends may be a harbinger of significant challenges ahead for a sector in which many companies are already confronting profitability and growth challenges. This analysis is based on a careful review of U.S. property/casualty insurance industry financial results as reported by A. M. Best Company in early 2012.
Supplier Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ): Building the Foundation for Sustainable Supply Chains
Aug 31, 2012
- The Supplier Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ): Building the Foundation for Sustainable Supply Chains will be useful for all companies seeking to strengthen their supply chain engagement. The goal is to help companies be more competitive and build resiliency in their supply chains by identifying, assessing, managing and disclosing supply chain sustainability risks.
Sustainable Extraction? An Analysis of SEC Disclosure by Major Oil & Gas Companies on Climate Risk and Deepwater Drilling Risk
Aug 02, 2012
- Disclosure of material business risk is a core underpinning of the modern global economy’s health. A new report says that investors aren’t getting a clear picture from companies of just how deep the material risks are.
Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Power Producers in the United States 2012
Jul 31, 2012
- A new report on U.S. power plant emissions from the top 100 power producers demonstrates the impact of the electric power industry’s current transition to cleaner energy sources.
Global Investor Survey on Climate Change Report 2011
Jul 25, 2012
- This report provides the results of the second global survey of investment practices coordinated by the three investor networks on climate change – the IIGCC, based in Europe, INCR, based in North America and the Australia/New Zealand IGCC. The report provides an overview of the leading investment practices around the world on climate change and analyses the drivers for those practices.