A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
The Future is Now: Ceres Annual Report 2013
May 06, 2014
- The future that scientists have warned us— about in which the impacts of climate change begin to alter the health of the global economy and our way of life— is here.
Gaining Ground: Corporate Progress on the Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability
Apr 30, 2014
- This report evaluates how well 613 of the largest, publicly traded U.S. companies are integrating sustainability into their business systems and decision-making. The report— a collaboration between Ceres and Sustainalytics—assesses corporate progress across the four strategic areas first outlined in 2010 in the Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability.
Investor Listing Standards Proposal: Recommendations for Stock Exchange Requirements on Corporate Sustainability Reporting
Mar 26, 2014
- This document is a proposal and set of investor recommendations on a stock exchange listing standard focused on corporate sustainability disclosure. The aim of the proposal is to establish key elements of a minimum global standard for corporate sustainability reporting.
Cool Response: The SEC & Corporate Climate Change Reporting
Feb 06, 2014
- This report examines the state of corporate reporting and associated SEC comment letters on climate change. It also provides recommendations for the SEC and companies on improving the quality of reporting.
Hydraulic Fracturing & Water Stress: Water Demand by the Numbers
Feb 05, 2014
- This Ceres research paper analyzes escalating water demand in hydraulic fracturing operations across the United States and western Canada. It evaluates oil and gas company water use in eight regions with intense shale energy development and the most pronounced water stress challenges.
Investing in the Clean Trillion: Closing The Clean Energy Investment Gap Executive Summary
Jan 15, 2014
- An executive summary of the Ceres report Investing in the Clean Trillion: Closing The Clean Energy Investment Gap.
Investing in the Clean Trillion: Closing The Clean Energy Investment Gap
Jan 15, 2014
- In 2010 world governments agreed to limit the increase in global temperature to two degrees Celsius (2 °C) above pre-industrial levels to avoid the worst impacts of climate change. To have an 80 percent chance of maintaining this 2 °C limit, the IEA estimates an additional $36 trillion in clean energy investment is needed through 2050—or an average of $1 trillion more per year compared to a “business as usual” scenario over the next 36 years. This Ceres report provides 10 recommendations for investors, companies and policymakers to increase annual global investment in clean energy to at least $1 trillion by 2030—roughly a four-fold jump from current investment levels.
Green Bond Principles 2014: Voluntary Process Guidelines for Issuing Green Bonds
Jan 12, 2014
- The Green Bond Principles (GBP) are voluntary process guidelines that recommend transparency and disclosure and promote integrity in the development of the Green Bond market by clarifying the approach for issuance of a Green Bond.
Building Resilient Cities: From Risk Assessment to Redevelopment
Dec 05, 2013
- This paper by urban strategist Jeb Brugmann is one of three documents arising from the “Building Climate Resilience in Cities” workshop series. It explains one of the core concepts developed through our workshop series. This new strategic planning framework, called a “Resilience Zone” is introduced and explored through a four-stage development process.
Building Climate Resilience in Cities: Priorities for Collaborative Action
Dec 05, 2013
- This is one of three documents developed by insurance industry leaders and city stakeholders through the Building Climate Resilience in Cities workshop series convened by Ceres and ClimateWise in 2012 and 2013.