A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
TXU's Expansion Proposal: A Risk for Investors
Feb 06, 2007
- February 2007 - The report concludes that TXU's investors &mdash whether as public shareholders or private investors - will face a multitude of financial risks if the company moves forward with its plans to build 9,000 megawatts of pulverized coal-fired capacity. The report cites construction cost over-runs, burdensome regulatory costs as climate regulations take hold and a slowing of power demand in Texas as state legislators aggressively push energy efficiency and other energy-saving programs.
Climate Risk Disclosure by the S&P 500
Jan 06, 2007
- January 2007 - This report assesses how S&P 500 corporations from 11 key industries disclose the risks and opportunities they face from climate change. The report finds that over half of the nation's largest companies are providing inadequate disclosure to investors, despite growing financial losses in multiple sectors from climate change.
Power to Save: An Alternative Path to Meet Electric Needs in Texas
Jan 06, 2007
- January 2007 - This study finds that a comprehensive effort to promote efficiency and other cost-saving demand reduction measures can meet Texas' electricity needs more reliably, at a lower cost and at a tremendous net economic benefit compared to building a new fleet of expensive and heavily polluting power plants. Over the next 15 years, boosting markets for more efficient products, lighting, cooling, heating and industrial processes can eliminate over 80% of forecast growth in electricity demand, while lowering consumer's energy bills. With additional measures to further reduce electricity demand and enhance reliability, Texas can completely eliminate its "load growth," resulting in a gradual decline in total electricity demand to more than 9% below current levels by 2021.
Ceres Annual Report: 2005 and Beyond
Dec 06, 2006
- December 2006 - By engaging directly with companies, by promoting leading-edge environmental and social disclosure, by leveraging our unique access to investors, Ceres is finding smart, workable solutions to society's most pressing sustainability challenges &mdash not the least among them, global warming.
Questions and Answers for Foundations on Proxy Voting
Nov 06, 2006
- November 2006 - A growing number of foundations are taking ownership of their proxies. Investors are looking with increasing favor on shareholder proposals asking companies to disclose potential liabilities related to global warming, issue broad-based reports on sustainability impacts, monitor their political contributions, or report on their fair employment policies. This guide serves as a reference for foundations seeking to ensure their endowments generate income as well as align with their principal mission.
Global Framework for Climate Risk Disclosure
Oct 06, 2006
- October 2006 - A unique global partnership of 14 leading institutional investors and other organizations representing trillions in assets today released the Global Framework for Climate Risk Disclosure to provide specific guidance to companies regarding the information they provide to investors on the financial risks posed by climate change.
Guide to Using the Global Framework for Climate Risk Disclosure
Oct 06, 2006
- October 2006 - The Guide is a companion tool for using the Framework. For each of the four elements of the Framework, the Guide provides specific guidance for companies about how to disclose using the most common reporting mechanisms for climate risk: securities filings, the Global Reporting Initiative, and the Carbon Disclosure Project. The Guide also contains examples of disclosure from leading companies using these disclosure mechanisms.
Best Practices in Climate Change Risk Analysis for the Electric Power Sector
Oct 01, 2006
- October 2006 - With input from investors, financial firms and electric power companies, this report outlines actions that power companies and Wall Street firms should take to address the financial risks posed by climate change. The report highlights best practices in climate risk disclosure by electric power companies and specific steps that investors, analysts and companies should take to improve their analysis of the risks that future climate change regulations pose for power companies.
From Risk to Opportunity 2006: How Insurers Can Proactively and Profitably Manage Climate Change
Aug 06, 2006
- August 2006 - Dozens of new insurance activities, such as 'green' building credits and incentives for investing in renewable energy, are emerging to tackle the causes of climate change and rising weather-related losses in the U.S. and globally, according to a major new report issued today by the Ceres investor coalition.
Ceres 2004-2005 Sustainability Report
Aug 06, 2006
- August 2006 - Sustainability reporting can benefit all organizations and companies, regardless of their size or type of organization. This new report focuses on Ceres' 2004 and 2005 operations and impacts.