A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
Electric Utilities: Global Climate Disclosure Framework
Feb 08, 2008
- February 2008 - The Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC, Europe), Ceres, which directs the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR, US), and the Investor Group on Climate Change (IGCC, Australia and New Zealand) have collaborated to develop a reporting framework which defines investors’ climate change-related disclosure expectations for electric utilities and power generators, specifically those involved in power generation.
Corporate Governance and Climate Change: The Banking Sector
Jan 15, 2008
- January 2008 - This report analyzes the corporate governance and strategic approaches of 40 of the world's largest banks to the challenges and opportunities posed by climate change. The financial community is at the center of this economic transformation. With nearly $6 trillion in market capitalization, banks are the world's major capital providers and risk management experts. As such, banks have a vital role in finding timely, practical and cost-effective solutions to mitigate climate change and adapt the economy to its already apparent effects.
Facility Reporting Project: Guide to Stakeholder Engagement
Nov 09, 2007
- November 2007 - Developed in collaboration with the U.S. EPA and Industrial Economics, this document provides detailed guidance to companies on how to engage local stakeholders as part of developing a facility or site-level sustainability report. Numerous case studies illustrate lessons learned and best practices by facilities that have undertaken facility level engagement and reporting.
From Risk to Opportunity 2007: Insurer Responses to Climate Change
Nov 06, 2007
- November 2007 - Global warming and the growing incidence of extreme weather events pose an enormous challenge to the insurance industry. This report focuses on the significant progress made by insurers to develop these new products and services.
Ceres Annual Report: 2006 and Beyond
Oct 06, 2007
- October 2007 - This Ceres Annual Report 2006 & Beyond demonstrates the momentum we have created through our work, our strategies and, most importantly, our results. It includes four sections on key approaches we use to achieve our mission of advancing sustainable prosperity: Connect. Lead. Solve. Inform.
CAFE and the U.S. Auto Industry: A Growing Auto Investor Issue, 2012-2020
Oct 06, 2007
- October 2007 - A new analysis by Citi, Ceres and the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR) finds that the Senate proposal to raise fuel economy standards for U.S. cars and trucks will have only minor impact on shareholders of auto companies.
The Future of Oil: Energy Security, Climate Risks and Market Opportunities
Jun 06, 2007
- June 2007 - The report from Ceres and the Civil Society Institute highlights key findings from an October 2006 oil analyst briefing at JPMorgan Chase in which Wall Street analysts, institutional investors, and oil industry experts examined how the future of oil will be affected by geopolitics, climate change, and new technologies. The report summarizes the briefing and analyzes several trends that could affect the valuation of oil companies' securities. The report concludes that there are many clean tech investment opportunities that lie ahead as the US government and other governments worldwide move to reduce oil dependence and greenhouse gas emissions.
The Quiet Revolution in Business Reporting
May 06, 2007
- May 2007 - This report discusses the limitations of business reporting under today's accounting rules, chronicles the progress made by a variety of disclosure initiatives since the 1990s, and identifies the Global Reporting Initiative as the emerging standard in comprehensive non-financial reporting. The report anticipates a future where comprehensive business disclosure has become a core component of good corporate governance, enabling corporate executives and boards to anticipate new challenges, make effective long-term investments, and respond to the increased complexity of an interdependent global economy.
U.S. Mutual Funds Critical Missing Link in Supporting Climate Change Shareholder Resolutions
Apr 06, 2007
- April 2007 - ese disclosure requirements are designed to show how fund managers are voting to protect shareholder interests and promote companies’ long-term financial performance.
2006 Ceres ACCA Sustainability Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 06, 2007
- April 2007 - The judges report for the 2006 Ceres-ACCA North American Sustainability Reporting Awards. The winners were announced at the April 2007 Ceres annual conference in Boston, MA.