A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
Climate Risk Disclosure in SEC Filings: An Analysis of 10K Reporting by Oil and Gas, Insurance, Coal, Transportation and Electric Power Companies
Jun 10, 2009
- June 2009 - This Ceres/Environmental Defense Fund report evaluates the current state of climate risk disclosure by 100 global companies in five sectors that have a strong stake in preparing for a low carbon future: electric utilities, coal, oil and gas, transportation and insurance. It assesses climate risk disclosure in the SEC filings made by these companies in Q1 2008, and finds very limited disclosure.
Reclaiming Transparency in a Changing Climate
Jun 03, 2009
- June 2009 – This report, by Ceres, CEES and Environmental Defense Fund, reviews over 6,000 SEC filings by S&P 500 companies from 1995 to 2008. While the study finds some modest improvement in climate risk disclosure since 1995, in 2008 75% of annual reports filed by S&P 500 corporations failed to even mention climate change and only 5% articulated a strategy for managing climate-related risks.
Mutual Funds and Climate Change: Growing Support for Shareholder Resolutions
May 10, 2009
- May 2009 - Mutual fund support for climate change-related shareholder resolutions involving U.S. companies reached new highs in 2008, but there is still much room for improvement. The increased support mirrors rising overall investor support for climate change resolutions in recent years. It comes as the business case for supporting climate-related resolutions is increasingly clear, as regulation of greenhouse gas emissions is now a reality in many regions of the U.S. and federal regulations are a strong possibility.
Resilient Coasts: A Blueprint for Action
Apr 08, 2009
- April 2009 - The Heinz Center and Ceres undertook the challenging task of forging consensus on principles and actions to increase coastal resilience for three fundamental reasons: our coasts are threatened, there are reasonable steps to counter those threats, and we as a nation are not yet taking them.
2008 Ceres-ACCA Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 08, 2009
- April 2009 - Ninety-seven sustainability reports from companies and organizations representing a range of sectors were submitted for review this year. Of these, 19 reports were short-listed and an expert panel of judges met in January 2009 to select the award winners.
From Risk to Opportunity 2008: Insurer Responses to Climate Change
Apr 08, 2009
- April 2009 - Hundreds of new insurance initiatives, including coverage for green buildings, renewable energy, carbon risk management, and officers’ liability are being offered to tackle climate change and rising weather-related losses in the U.S. and globally, according to this report by the Ceres investor coalition.
Global Climate Disclosure Framework for Automobile Companies
Mar 08, 2009
- March 2009 - This disclosure framework focuses on the business issues and indicators specific to the auto sector, and can be used as a reporting tool through both the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
Water Scarcity & Climate Change: Growing Risks for Business & Investors
Feb 20, 2009
- February 2009 - This Ceres/Pacific Institute report, done at the request of the Investor Network on Climate Risk, outlines the wide-ranging risks investors and companies face from water scarcity and how global climate change will heighten those risks in many parts of the world. The report makes clear that companies that treat pressing water risks as a key strategic challenge will be far better positioned in the future. Companies that continue to ignore these challenges put themselves at higher risk.
Corporate Governance and Climate Change: Consumer and Technology Companies
Dec 08, 2008
- December 2008 - This Ceres report is the first comprehensive assessment of how 63 of the world’s largest consumer and information technology companies are preparing themselves to face this colossal challenge. The report employs a “Climate Change Governance Framework” to evaluate how 48 US companies and 15 non-US companies are addressing climate change through board oversight, management execution, public disclosure, GHG emissions accounting and strategic planning and performance.
Ceres Annual Report: 2007-2008
Nov 08, 2008
- November 2008 - This Ceres Annual Report 2007–2008 demonstrates the results we have achieved, and the momentum we have created towards our mission of advancing sustainable prosperity.