A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
CAFE and the U.S. Auto Industry: A Growing Auto Investor Issue, 2012-2020
Oct 06, 2007
- October 2007 - A new analysis by Citi, Ceres and the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR) finds that the Senate proposal to raise fuel economy standards for U.S. cars and trucks will have only minor impact on shareholders of auto companies.
The Future of Oil: Energy Security, Climate Risks and Market Opportunities
Jun 06, 2007
- June 2007 - The report from Ceres and the Civil Society Institute highlights key findings from an October 2006 oil analyst briefing at JPMorgan Chase in which Wall Street analysts, institutional investors, and oil industry experts examined how the future of oil will be affected by geopolitics, climate change, and new technologies. The report summarizes the briefing and analyzes several trends that could affect the valuation of oil companies' securities. The report concludes that there are many clean tech investment opportunities that lie ahead as the US government and other governments worldwide move to reduce oil dependence and greenhouse gas emissions.
The Quiet Revolution in Business Reporting
May 06, 2007
- May 2007 - This report discusses the limitations of business reporting under today's accounting rules, chronicles the progress made by a variety of disclosure initiatives since the 1990s, and identifies the Global Reporting Initiative as the emerging standard in comprehensive non-financial reporting. The report anticipates a future where comprehensive business disclosure has become a core component of good corporate governance, enabling corporate executives and boards to anticipate new challenges, make effective long-term investments, and respond to the increased complexity of an interdependent global economy.
U.S. Mutual Funds Critical Missing Link in Supporting Climate Change Shareholder Resolutions
Apr 06, 2007
- April 2007 - ese disclosure requirements are designed to show how fund managers are voting to protect shareholder interests and promote companies’ long-term financial performance.
2006 Ceres ACCA Sustainability Reporting Awards Judges Report
Apr 06, 2007
- April 2007 - The judges report for the 2006 Ceres-ACCA North American Sustainability Reporting Awards. The winners were announced at the April 2007 Ceres annual conference in Boston, MA.
TXU's Expansion Proposal: A Risk for Investors
Feb 06, 2007
- February 2007 - The report concludes that TXU's investors &mdash whether as public shareholders or private investors - will face a multitude of financial risks if the company moves forward with its plans to build 9,000 megawatts of pulverized coal-fired capacity. The report cites construction cost over-runs, burdensome regulatory costs as climate regulations take hold and a slowing of power demand in Texas as state legislators aggressively push energy efficiency and other energy-saving programs.
Climate Risk Disclosure by the S&P 500
Jan 06, 2007
- January 2007 - This report assesses how S&P 500 corporations from 11 key industries disclose the risks and opportunities they face from climate change. The report finds that over half of the nation's largest companies are providing inadequate disclosure to investors, despite growing financial losses in multiple sectors from climate change.
Power to Save: An Alternative Path to Meet Electric Needs in Texas
Jan 06, 2007
- January 2007 - This study finds that a comprehensive effort to promote efficiency and other cost-saving demand reduction measures can meet Texas' electricity needs more reliably, at a lower cost and at a tremendous net economic benefit compared to building a new fleet of expensive and heavily polluting power plants. Over the next 15 years, boosting markets for more efficient products, lighting, cooling, heating and industrial processes can eliminate over 80% of forecast growth in electricity demand, while lowering consumer's energy bills. With additional measures to further reduce electricity demand and enhance reliability, Texas can completely eliminate its "load growth," resulting in a gradual decline in total electricity demand to more than 9% below current levels by 2021.
Ceres Annual Report: 2005 and Beyond
Dec 06, 2006
- December 2006 - By engaging directly with companies, by promoting leading-edge environmental and social disclosure, by leveraging our unique access to investors, Ceres is finding smart, workable solutions to society's most pressing sustainability challenges &mdash not the least among them, global warming.
Questions and Answers for Foundations on Proxy Voting
Nov 06, 2006
- November 2006 - A growing number of foundations are taking ownership of their proxies. Investors are looking with increasing favor on shareholder proposals asking companies to disclose potential liabilities related to global warming, issue broad-based reports on sustainability impacts, monitor their political contributions, or report on their fair employment policies. This guide serves as a reference for foundations seeking to ensure their endowments generate income as well as align with their principal mission.