A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
View From the Top: How Corporate Boards Engage on Sustainability Performance
Oct 28, 2015
- Corporate boards are responsible for overseeing the interests of shareholders in the long term and have a critical role to play in championing sustainability across the enterprise. Over the years, Wall Street research, academic papers, corporate reports and trends from major investors have all underscored the same message: Companies that adopt sustainable practices deliver superior financial results and can face the future with more resilience. Based on interviews conducted with dozens of corporate directors, senior corporate leaders and governance experts, this Ceres report, View from the top: How Corporate Boards Engage on Sustainability Performance identifies key strategies for effective board engagement that can produce tangible environmental and social impacts.
Carbon Asset Risk: From Rhetoric to Action
Oct 16, 2015
- In the past few years, carbon asset risk (CAR) has gone from a fringe topic discussed primarily by NGOs to a serious consideration of some of the largest companies in the world. Recent market action, investor pledges, new models and results, and significant shareholder resolutions are all contributing to pushing CAR into the public attention. This report discusses some of the most important recent developments and provides the first attempt at quantifying the uptake of CAR assessment and management.
Shareholders Spur Action On Climate Change: Company Commitments From the 2014 & 2015 Proxy Seasons
Oct 14, 2015
- This report tracks the implementation of climate change-related corporate commitments made in response to shareholder proposals and dialogues in 2014 and 2015. Tracking such information has numerous benefits. It helps investors communicate the impact of shareholder engagement to a broader audience. It also provides an accountability framework to help investors track how companies are following through on commitments they make.
Accelerating U.S. Clean Energy Deployment: Investor Policy Priorities
Sep 08, 2015
- International investment to mitigate climate change is far below levels needed to reach the two-degree target. The International Energy Agency estimates that an average of an additional $1 trillion in incremental financing for clean energy is needed to meet the temperature target.
Water Connection Charges: A Tool for Encouraging Water-Efficient Growth
Aug 11, 2015
- As many U.S. communities are struggling to support growing populations with limited water resources, very few of them are utilizing water connection charges to increase water-savvy residential development projects in their communities.
Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Power Producers in the United States 2015
Jul 14, 2015
- The 2015 Benchmarking report is the eleventh collaborative effort highlighting environmental performance and progress in the nation’s electric power sector. The Benchmarking series uses publicly reported data to compare the emissions performance of the 100 largest power producers in the United States. The current report is based on 2013 generation and emissions data.
Carbon Asset Risk: A Review of Progress and Opportunities
Jun 30, 2015
- n September 2013, Ceres and the Carbon Tracker Initiative launched the Carbon Asset Risk (“CAR”) Initiative with support from the Global Investor Coalition. This report chronicles major shifts in the financial landscape since the CAR effort began.
21st Century Engagement: Investor Strategies for Incorporating ESG Considerations into Corporate Interactions
May 28, 2015
- 21st Century Engagement: Investor Strategies for Incorporating ESG Considerations into Corporate Interactions is a guide for U.S. institutional investors on engaging with companies and policymakers on sustainability issues and includes tactics and case studies from 37 engagement experts spanning six countries.
Investor Network on Climate Risk: Year in Review 2014-2015
May 27, 2015
- The 2014-2015 INCR Year in Review highlights the key activities, events and initiatives that INCR members and Ceres have undertaken from June 2014 through early 2015.
Ceres Annual Report 2014
May 15, 2015
- Ceres began as a bold experiment 25 years ago, with just a few investors who envisioned a different way for companies and the capital markets to behave. At the time, our idea was radical: We set out to create a new sustainable business model that could protect the health of the planet and the long-term well-being of its people—all while strengthening, not limiting, our global economy.