A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability: Revised Expectations
May 02, 2016
- The Ceres Roadmap presents 20 expectations in the areas of governance, stakeholder engagement, disclosure, and performance that companies should seek to meet by 2020 in order to transform into truly sustainable enterprises. As we pass the halfway point on the road to 2020, it is an important time to take stock of our changing world and refresh the Ceres Roadmap expectations themselves to reflect global sustainability trends. View the revised expectations in this abbreviated, two-page resource.
Mapping the Gap: The Road From Paris
Jan 27, 2016
- Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Ceres and Ken Locklin have collaborated to more closely examine total volumes of capital that will be required to fund clean energy power project development in the electric sector over the next 2.5 decades. View the presentation to learn key findings regarding total capital requirements under NEO 2°C and projections of future finance pathways.
Pathway to a 21st Century Electric Utility
Nov 09, 2015
- Utilities do an excellent job of what they are mandated to do— provide safe, reliable and affordable energy. Utilities are not going away, because we require them to operate the electric grid, so why not expand the scope of their mandate to manage an environment in which consumers use energy and electricity more efficiently to create customer value and optimize the electricity system for the benefit of all? In this environment, utilities will be incented to maximize customer and system value, as opposed to simply building infrastructure. Given the importance of revising the utility industry model for the benefit of customers, society and utility investors, this paper is an expression of Peter H. Kind's evolved views in an effort to find common ground that will support a robust 21st Century Utility model.
View From the Top: How Corporate Boards Engage on Sustainability Performance — Executive Summary
Oct 28, 2015
- A preview of the full report is available by downloading this executive summary.
View From the Top: How Corporate Boards Engage on Sustainability Performance
Oct 28, 2015
- Corporate boards are responsible for overseeing the interests of shareholders in the long term and have a critical role to play in championing sustainability across the enterprise. Over the years, Wall Street research, academic papers, corporate reports and trends from major investors have all underscored the same message: Companies that adopt sustainable practices deliver superior financial results and can face the future with more resilience. Based on interviews conducted with dozens of corporate directors, senior corporate leaders and governance experts, this Ceres report, View from the top: How Corporate Boards Engage on Sustainability Performance identifies key strategies for effective board engagement that can produce tangible environmental and social impacts.
Carbon Asset Risk: From Rhetoric to Action
Oct 16, 2015
- In the past few years, carbon asset risk (CAR) has gone from a fringe topic discussed primarily by NGOs to a serious consideration of some of the largest companies in the world. Recent market action, investor pledges, new models and results, and significant shareholder resolutions are all contributing to pushing CAR into the public attention. This report discusses some of the most important recent developments and provides the first attempt at quantifying the uptake of CAR assessment and management.
Shareholders Spur Action On Climate Change: Company Commitments From the 2014 & 2015 Proxy Seasons
Oct 14, 2015
- This report tracks the implementation of climate change-related corporate commitments made in response to shareholder proposals and dialogues in 2014 and 2015. Tracking such information has numerous benefits. It helps investors communicate the impact of shareholder engagement to a broader audience. It also provides an accountability framework to help investors track how companies are following through on commitments they make.
Accelerating U.S. Clean Energy Deployment: Investor Policy Priorities
Sep 08, 2015
- International investment to mitigate climate change is far below levels needed to reach the two-degree target. The International Energy Agency estimates that an average of an additional $1 trillion in incremental financing for clean energy is needed to meet the temperature target.
Water Connection Charges: A Tool for Encouraging Water-Efficient Growth
Aug 11, 2015
- As many U.S. communities are struggling to support growing populations with limited water resources, very few of them are utilizing water connection charges to increase water-savvy residential development projects in their communities.
Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Power Producers in the United States 2015
Jul 14, 2015
- The 2015 Benchmarking report is the eleventh collaborative effort highlighting environmental performance and progress in the nation’s electric power sector. The Benchmarking series uses publicly reported data to compare the emissions performance of the 100 largest power producers in the United States. The current report is based on 2013 generation and emissions data.