A listing of the most recent Ceres reports.
Below are some of the most recent Ceres reports. For a list of all reports, click here.
Insurer Climate Risk Disclosure Survey Report & Scorecard: 2016 Findings and Recommendations
Oct 20, 2016
- This report evaluates and benchmarks the quality and comprehensiveness of climate risk disclosures by insurance companies in response to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Climate Risk Disclosure Survey.
Investor Expectations of Automotive Companies: Shifting Gears to Accelerate the Transition to Low Carbon Vehicles
Oct 11, 2016
- The purpose of this document is to provide a guide for investors to have constructive engagement with the boards of automotive companies to consider and direct more sustainable strategies that aim to mitigate the long term climate change-related risks to investors. It is to be used as required by investors in their engagement with companies.
Private-Public Partnerships to Advance Low-Carbon State Energy Policies: A NASEO-Ceres Issue Brief
Sep 12, 2016
- This white paper identifies key pieces of information that state energy policymakers and U.S. companies and investors should know about one another, and it offers a “deeper dive” on a series of energy policy topics — including clean energy policies, financing mechanisms, and corporate sustainability approaches — on which both state and company/investor representatives can find common ground.
Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Power Producers in the United States 2016
Jul 13, 2016
- This report analyzed publicly reported data on carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrogen oxides (NOx), sulfur dioxide (SO2), and mercury emissions from the nation’s 100 largest electric power producers, which account for 85 percent of the nation’s power production. The report concludes that since 2000 emissions of all four major pollutants have dropped while total electricity generation and the American economy have grown.
Clean Energy Utility Benchmarking Report: 2016
Jun 27, 2016
- Benchmarking Utility Clean Energy Deployment: 2016 provides a window into how the global transition toward clean energy is playing out in the U.S. electric power sector. Specifically, it reveals the extent to which 30 of the largest U.S. investor-owned electric utility holding companies are increasingly deploying clean energy resources to meet customer needs.
The 21st Century Investor: Ceres Blueprint for Sustainable Investing
Jun 26, 2016
- Unprecedented risks to the global economy make this a challenging time for the 21st century investor—institutional asset owners and their investment managers—most of which have multi-generational obligations to beneficiaries. Climate change, resource scarcity, population growth, energy demand, ensuring the human rights of workers across global supply chains, and access to fresh water are some of the major issues challenging our ability to build a sustainable economy, one that meets the needs of people today without compromising the needs of future generations.
Assets or Liabilities? Fossil Fuel Investments of Leading U.S. Insurers
May 24, 2016
- This new Ceres report, Assets or Liabilities? Fossil Fuel Investments of Leading U.S. Insurers, focuses on the risks to insurance companies—the second-largest type of institutional investor after pension funds based on assets under management.
INCR Year in Review 2015-2016
May 10, 2016
- The 2015-2016 INCR Year in Review highlights the key activities, events and initiatives that INCR members and Ceres have undertaken from June 2015 through early 2016. With the active engagement and support of INCR members, we accomplished much together over the past year. By integrating material environmental, social and governance risks and opportunities into your investment practices, corporate engagements and policy advocacy, INCR members have made the world a better place to live and to invest.
The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability: Revised Expectations
May 02, 2016
- The Ceres Roadmap presents 20 expectations in the areas of governance, stakeholder engagement, disclosure, and performance that companies should seek to meet by 2020 in order to transform into truly sustainable enterprises. As we pass the halfway point on the road to 2020, it is an important time to take stock of our changing world and refresh the Ceres Roadmap expectations themselves to reflect global sustainability trends. View the revised expectations in this abbreviated, two-page resource.
Mapping the Gap: The Road From Paris
Jan 27, 2016
- Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Ceres and Ken Locklin have collaborated to more closely examine total volumes of capital that will be required to fund clean energy power project development in the electric sector over the next 2.5 decades. View the presentation to learn key findings regarding total capital requirements under NEO 2°C and projections of future finance pathways.