Read news articles, blogs and press releases about water and sustainability.
As Oil and Gas Drilling Competes for Water, One New Mexico County Says No
May 09, 2013
- In drought-plagued New Mexico, water is gold. And this week, Mora County in the northern part of the state took a firm stand to protect its precious liquid: it banned all oil and gas extraction from county lands.
Spread of Hydrofracking Could Strain Water Resources in West, Study Finds
May 08, 2013
- The rapid expansion of hydraulic fracturing to retrieve once-inaccessible reservoirs of oil and gas could put pressure on already-stressed water resources from the suburbs of Fort Worth to western Colorado.
New Study: Hydraulic Fracturing Faces Growing Competition for Water Supplies in Water-Stressed Regions
May 01, 2013
- A new Ceres research paper on water use in hydraulic fracturing operations shows that a significant portion of this activity is happening in water stressed regions of the United States, most prominently Texas and Colorado, which are both in the midst of prolonged drought conditions.
Mixing Oil and Water: Scenes From the Texas Oil Boom, Pt. 1
Feb 13, 2013
- Advances in drilling technologies, most prominently hydraulic fracturing, have unlocked shale oil and gas resources previously thought unrecoverable and quite literally changed the American landscape.
KB Home wins EPA WaterSense Partner of the Year Award
Oct 10, 2012
- For the second year in a row, BICEP Member KB Home was awarded the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency WaterSense Partner of the Year Award.