News clips and articles about the Investor Summit on Climate Risk & Energy Solutions.
Huffington Post: Major Investors Show the Way on Climate Change
Jan 18, 2012
- Anyone who thinks the business world doesn't believe in acting on climate change should check out what's happening at the United Nations today. Some 450 global investors who control tens of trillion in assets are gathering for the Investor Summit on Climate Risk and Energy Solutions.
Responsible Investor: US Pension funds report to INCR/UN summit on progress in climate investments
Jan 18, 2012
- Unchecked carbon emissions, untapped investment opportunities and an unresponsive U.S. government were the recurrent themes of the day at the fifth Investor Summit on Climate Risk & Energy Solutions, held at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City on January 12.
GreenBiz.com: Clean Energy Makes Big Strides, but Just How Sustainable is the Growth?
Jan 18, 2012
- Global investment in clean energy capacity expanded by 5 percent in 2011 to $260 billion. The growth comes despite the considerable drag from economic crisis in Europe and weak growth in the U.S. The new research, compiled by Bloomberg New Energy Finance, was announced yesterday at the Investor Summit on Climate Risk & Energy Solutions.
While Washington Waits, Investors Act on Climate Change
Jan 12, 2012
- Climate change creates enormous economic risks, but investors know it also represents one of the great financial opportunities of our time. And they are not waiting for governments to start moving on their own toward action.
Mercury News: Alan Salzman - Global investors see the future in clean energy
Jan 11, 2012
- Global investors controlling tens of trillions of dollars will gather Thursday at United Nations headquarters to showcase investments in clean energy and energy efficiency solutions. There's a powerful narrative here: Even in the face of paralysis among governments, many in the private sector are moving ahead on energy and climate change innovation.
Investors Act on Climate Change: UN Event to Showcase Actions, Challenges From Global Warming
Dec 20, 2011
- On January 12, nearly 500 of the world’s investors and most powerful financial players will gather at the United Nations to showcase their actions and discuss promising trends to catalyze the large-scale investment needed to reduce carbon emissions and mitigate potentially catastrophic climate impacts.
- 2012 Investor Action Plan on Climate Change Risks & Opportunities