Recent press releases, blogs, news stories related to Investor Network.
Major U.S. Companies and Investors Support Carbon Pollution Standards for New Power Plants
Sep 20, 2013
- Nearly two-dozen major U.S. companies and nearly 50 investors with more than $900 billion of collective assets announced their support today for new carbon pollution standards proposed by the EPA for new power plants.
Investors Achieve Strong Results on Climate Change, Supply Chains, Water Risks During 2013 Proxy Season
Aug 08, 2013
- Investors achieved noteworthy victories during this year’s shareholder proxy season, with a near record 110 shareholder resolutions filed with 94 U.S. companies on corporate sustainability challenges such as climate change, supply chain issues and water-related risks.
Global Climate Change Investor Groups Publish Report on Investor Practices Relating to Climate Change
Nov 20, 2012
- The European Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change, the North American Investor Network on Climate Risk, the Australia/New Zealand Investor Group on Climate Change and the Asia Investor Group on Climate Change have today published a report detailing the investment practices of asset managers and asset owners such as pension funds, relating to climate change.
New Report: North Dakota Natural Gas Flaring More Than Doubles in Two Years
Jul 29, 2013
- The tremendous growth of unconventional oil production in North Dakota has also led to a rapid rise in the production of associated natural gas and natural gas liquids. A new Ceres report reveals that large and growing volumes of this gas are being burned off rather than sold, creating significant economic and environmental impacts.
110 Shareholder Resolutions Related to Climate Change and Fossil Fuel Use Yield Strong Results During 2013 Proxy Season
Jul 26, 2013
- Investors achieved noteworthy victories during this year’s shareholder proxy season, with a near record 110 shareholder resolutions filed with 94 U.S. companies on hydraulic fracturing, flaring, fossil fuel reserve risks and other climate – and sustainability – related risks and opportunities.
Investors: Extend Oil, Gas, and Real Estate Benefits to Clean Energy to Unlock Investment
Jul 01, 2013
- Less than a week after President Obama unveiled an ambitious climate change action plan, major U.S. investors are encouraging policymakers to extend benefits available to oil, gas and real estate projects to spur investment in renewable energy developments.
CEOs and Businesses Respond to President Obama’s Climate Action Plan
Jun 27, 2013
- Two days after President Obama unveiled a sweeping plan to address the threat of climate change, more than 50 companies have offered their support for the President’s national climate change strategy, including statements from several CEOs.
New Ceres Blueprint Outlines Action Steps for Major Investors on Sustainable Investing
Jun 26, 2013
- Institutional investors and their investment managers must integrate the financial risks from climate change, resource scarcity, supply chain failures and tighter water supplies into their investment practices if they are to be successful in the 21st century.
Wide-Ranging Businesses Support President Obama’s Climate Plan
Jun 25, 2013
- A broad range of businesses and investors from across the country are offering strong support for President Obama’s climate plan. The businesses are all signatories of the Climate Declaration, a statement calling on U.S. policymakers to capture the American economic opportunities of addressing climate change.
$20 trillion Global Investor Coalition on Climate Change meeting in Hong Kong puts the spotlight on Asia’s contribution to climate change and on climate solutions
Jun 20, 2013
- Investors from over 20 emerging and developed economies gathered for the first time last week to consider the risks and opportunities arising from climate change, and to develop further their collective efforts.
U.S. investor group joins global investors in tackling climate change in Hong Kong
Jun 12, 2013
- Amid growing concern that climate change is already having substantial global economic impacts, a coalition of institutional investors, including INCR, will meet in Hong Kong to identify the financial and investment risks associated with climate change and the opportunities for investing in a low carbon future.
Led by CalSTRS and Oregon Treasurer, 22 U.S. Investors Sign Climate Declaration, Joining Call to Action on Climate Policy
Jun 11, 2013
- On the eve of the inaugural Global Investor Forum on Climate Change, 22 American investment firms with approximately $240 billion in assets under management have signed the Climate Declaration, calling on U.S. policymakers to seize the American economic opportunity of addressing climate change.
Investors Highlight Policies That Could Spur Multi-Billion Dollar Opportunity in Energy Efficiency Investments
May 21, 2013
- Energy efficiency is estimated to be a multi-hundred-billion dollar investment opportunity in the United States, but better policies are required to unlock broad-based financing from institutional investors, who together manage approximately $70 trillion in assets globally.
Phil Angelides, a Leader in Shareholder Activism and Green Investment, Wins the Joan Bavaria Award
May 01, 2013
- Phil Angelides has been awarded the fifth-annual Joan Bavaria Award for Building Sustainability into the Capital Markets. The announcement was made today, the first day of the annual Ceres Conference, which is running May 1-2 at The Fairmont in San Francisco, CA.
Major Investors Call for SEC to Require Disclosure of Companies’ Climate Risks and Opportunities
Nov 23, 2009
- November 23, 2009 – The petition submitted to the SEC asks for the SEC to provide interpretive guidance outlining climate-related 'material risks' - such as new regulations, physical impacts, new economic and business opportunities and other climate-related trends - that companies should be disclosing to investors.
Major Investors, State Officials, Environmental Groups Petition SEC to Require Full Corporate Climate Risk Disclosure
Sep 18, 2007
- September 18, 2007 – A broad coalition of investors, state officials with regulatory and fiscal management responsibilities, and environmental groups today filed a landmark petition asking the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to require publicly-traded companies to assess and fully disclose their financial risks from climate change. Also today, the coalition formally asked the Commission's Division of Corporation Finance to immediately begin "[c]losely scrutinizing the adequacy of registrants' climate disclosures" under existing law.