Recent press releases, blogs, news stories related to Investor Network.
Ceres Applauds Governor Snyder’s Commitment to Comply with EPA’s Clean Power Plan
Sep 01, 2015
- Citing strong business support for Michigan’s emerging clean-energy economy, Ceres president Mindy Lubber praised Governor Rick Snyder (R-MI) for his announcement today that the state will be filing a state implementation plan to comply with the US EPA’s Clean Power Plan to reduce carbon pollution from existing power plants.
Join Ceres and Skytop Strategies for the Symposium on Water & Long-Term Value
Aug 31, 2015
- On December 14, 2015 Skytop Strategies will be hosting a “Symposium on Water & Long-Term Value”, a full-day program that explores best practices in successful corporate water policy, featuring sustainability advocacy group Ceres as a strategic partner.
Leading Global Investors Urge Food and Beverage Companies to Better Manage Water Risks
Aug 19, 2015
- Amid growing concerns over escalating water scarcity and pollution risks, more than 60 leading North American and European institutional investors sent joint letters to 15 food and beverage companies calling for increased water risk management and disclosure practices.
Investors Applaud EPA’s Methane Emissions Rule
Aug 18, 2015
- Ceres and members of its $13 trillion Investor Network on Climate Risk applauded the EPA’s announcement today of draft rules to address and reduce methane emissions from the oil and gas industry – the largest industrial source of methane emissions in the U.S.
Most Water Utilities Missing Opportunity to Stretch Water Supplies
Aug 11, 2015
- As many U.S. communities are struggling to support growing populations with limited water resources, very few of them are utilizing water connection charges to increase water-savvy residential development projects in their communities.
Statement from Ceres President Mindy Lubber re: EPA’s Clean Power Plan Final Rule
Aug 03, 2015
- "The Clean Power Plan is the right measure at the right time. It’s a flexible, practical and economically sound blueprint to transition America toward a low-carbon future."
Statement by Ceres President Mindy S. Lubber in response to White House Announcement: American Business Act on Climate Pledge
Jul 27, 2015
- This $140 billion in low-carbon investments are exactly the kinds of commitments we need to boost clean energy projects and other low-carbon solutions globally.
Investors Worth $1.5 Trillion Support White House’s Methane Emissions Reduction Plan
Jul 01, 2015
- As recent data show methane emissions rising from the oil and gas industry, and the White House moves forward with rules to reduce this pollution, leading investors representing $1.5 trillion in assets under management released a statement of support today for a strong federal standard.
Investors, Major Brands Call for Stronger Standards from Palm Oil Certification Group
Jun 01, 2015
- Institutional investors representing over $5 trillion in assets have joined together with some of the world’s largest and most recognizable consumer brands to call on the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) to strengthen its standards for certifying the sustainable production of palm oil
BlackRock, Ceres Launch Investor Guide on US Corporate Engagement
May 28, 2015
- The world’s largest asset manager, BlackRock, has teamed up with nonprofit sustainability leader Ceres to create guidance for U.S. institutional investors on engaging with companies and policymakers on sustainability issues.
120 CEOs Managing $12 Trillion Urge Finance Ministers to Support a Long-Term Emissions Reduction Goal in Global Climate Deal
May 26, 2015
- Ahead of Wednesday’s meeting of G7 Finance Ministers, 120 investor CEOs from around the world managing funds worth more than $12 trillion have written an open letter to finance ministers urging them to support the inclusion of a long-term emissions reduction goal in the international climate agreement.
Global Investors Launch Platform for Climate Actions and Commitments
May 19, 2015
- As companies, investors and policymakers gather in Paris for Climate Week to galvanize momentum ahead of a global deal at COP 21, investors have launched an online platform that for the first time will identify and record the wide range of actions on climate change being undertaken by the global investor community.
Apple Joins Ceres Company Network
May 14, 2015
- Ceres announced today that its board of directors has approved Apple as the newest member of the Ceres Company Network. Companies that join the Ceres network demonstrate an executive-level commitment to sustainability and strive to further integrate sustainability into their business strategies.
Entrepreneur and Advocate for Sustainable Investing, Geeta Aiyer, Wins the Joan Bavaria Award
May 13, 2015
- Geeta Aiyer, sustainable investing entrepreneur and Founder and President of Boston Common Asset Management, has been awarded the seventh-annual Joan Bavaria Award for Building Sustainability into the Capital Markets. The announcement was made at the Ceres Conference, which is running today and tomorrow at The Fairmont in San Francisco.
New Report: Major Food Companies Must Adapt to Escalating Global Water Risks
May 07, 2015
- Major U.S. food companies need to adopt far stronger practices to use limited global water resources more efficiently, according to a report released today by Ceres, a nonprofit sustainability advocacy group.
Global investor groups publish guidance on investing in solutions to address climate change
Apr 22, 2015
- The four investor groups on climate change have published a guide outlining a range of strategies and solutions investors can use to address climate change, including low carbon investment, managing and reducing carbon exposure in portfolios, and engagement.
Investors push SEC to require stronger climate risk disclosure by fossil fuel companies
Apr 17, 2015
- Just one day after BP adopted a shareholder resolution to support better carbon asset risk disclosures, 62 institutional investors representing nearly $2 trillion in assets called on the SEC to push for better disclosure by oil and gas companies of critical climate change-related business risks.
Ceres Commends U.S. Offer of Domestic Emissions Cuts Towards an International Climate Agreement
Mar 31, 2015
- The nonprofit sustainability advocacy organization Ceres commends the Obama Administration’s announcement today of its Intended Nationally Determined Contribution including a 26-28 percent cut in U.S. emissions below 2005 baseline by 2025 for the upcoming UN climate conference in Paris this December.
New Ceres Report Aims to Improve Investor Practices on Global Water Risks
Mar 10, 2015
- Amid growing concerns about water scarcity and other global sustainability risks, the nonprofit group Ceres today released a new report designed to help global investors improve their analysis and decision-making on such issues.
General Mills, Driscoll’s, Coca-Cola & KB Home Launch Business Campaign Urging Bolder Strategies To Conserve Water
Mar 05, 2015
- As California’s devastating drought enters its fourth year, and farmers face a second consecutive year with reduced surface water supplies, a diverse coalition of global businesses with significant supply chains or operations in California today announced Connect the Drops, a new campaign urging aggressive measures to maximize California's local and state water resources.