Recent press releases, blogs, news stories related to Investor Network.
Ceres President Applauds Historic International Climate Agreement in Paris
Dec 12, 2015
- Ceres president Mindy Lubber issued a statement heralding the final international climate agreement announced in Paris.
Business & financial sectors converge at COP21
Nov 25, 2015
- Dozens of major companies and investors from across the United States will be joining the nonprofit sustainability group Ceres at the upcoming climate negotiations in Paris in support of a strong global climate deal that will accelerate the shift to a low-carbon, clean energy economy.
Mindy Lubber Statement, in response to the World Federation of Exchanges' Sustainability Reporting Guidance Launch
Nov 04, 2015
- For several years, Ceres and our investor members have worked with individual exchanges and the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) on sustainability reporting standards. Ceres President Mindy Lubber issued a statement regarding the progress made and the work ahead for global exchanges and sustainability reporting.
Investors in Fossil Fuel Companies Boost Focus on Carbon Asset Risk in Warming World
Oct 16, 2015
- A new report cites climate change pressures, regulatory trends and market forces that have triggered a heightened investor focus on how energy companies are grappling with the transition to a low-carbon global economy.
Shareholders achieve major corporate sustainability improvements
Oct 14, 2015
- The analysis found that shareholder resolutions and company dialogues helped spur over 100 corporate commitments in 2014 and 2015 to address critical sustainability challenges.
Global Food Companies Unite On Climate Action
Sep 30, 2015
- With key international climate negotiations fast approaching in Paris, the chief executive officers of major U.S. food and beverage companies released a joint letter to U.S. and world leaders pledging to accelerate business action on climate change and urging governments to do the same by forging a robust international agreement this December.
US Businesses, Investors Urge Stronger Truck Standards
Sep 30, 2015
- Two major coalitions of business and investment leaders today called on the Obama Administration to strengthen its proposed rules for medium- and heavy-duty trucks, citing tens of billions of dollars and hundreds of millions of tons of greenhouse gas emissions that could be saved.
Major U.S. banks call for leadership in addressing climate change
Sep 28, 2015
- Six major U.S. banks – Bank of America, Citi, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo – have issued a joint statement calling for cooperation among governments in reaching a global climate agreement. The statement, published today by the sustainability advocacy nonprofit Ceres, voiced support for policy frameworks that “will provide greater market certainty, accelerate investment, drive innovation in low carbon energy, and create jobs.”
Statement from Mindy Lubber on Shell Announcement to Cease Offshore Oil Exploration in Arctic
Sep 28, 2015
- Shell's failed Arctic drilling endeavor is powerful evidence that the specter of stranded carbon assets is a real and growing problem for oil & gas companies.
Major Companies Announce Support for California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard
Sep 22, 2015
- Thirty-six companies, including 11 based in California, issued a letter to California Air Resources Board Chairman Mary Nichols expressing strong support for the re-adoption of California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS), citing the standard’s influence on investment in cleaner transportation fuels. The letter was coordinated by Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP), a project of the nonprofit sustainability advocacy organization, Ceres.
Ceres Applauds Governor Snyder’s Commitment to Comply with EPA’s Clean Power Plan
Sep 01, 2015
- Citing strong business support for Michigan’s emerging clean-energy economy, Ceres president Mindy Lubber praised Governor Rick Snyder (R-MI) for his announcement today that the state will be filing a state implementation plan to comply with the US EPA’s Clean Power Plan to reduce carbon pollution from existing power plants.
Join Ceres and Skytop Strategies for the Symposium on Water & Long-Term Value
Aug 31, 2015
- On December 14, 2015 Skytop Strategies will be hosting a “Symposium on Water & Long-Term Value”, a full-day program that explores best practices in successful corporate water policy, featuring sustainability advocacy group Ceres as a strategic partner.
Leading Global Investors Urge Food and Beverage Companies to Better Manage Water Risks
Aug 19, 2015
- Amid growing concerns over escalating water scarcity and pollution risks, more than 60 leading North American and European institutional investors sent joint letters to 15 food and beverage companies calling for increased water risk management and disclosure practices.
Investors Applaud EPA’s Methane Emissions Rule
Aug 18, 2015
- Ceres and members of its $13 trillion Investor Network on Climate Risk applauded the EPA’s announcement today of draft rules to address and reduce methane emissions from the oil and gas industry – the largest industrial source of methane emissions in the U.S.
Most Water Utilities Missing Opportunity to Stretch Water Supplies
Aug 11, 2015
- As many U.S. communities are struggling to support growing populations with limited water resources, very few of them are utilizing water connection charges to increase water-savvy residential development projects in their communities.
Statement from Ceres President Mindy Lubber re: EPA’s Clean Power Plan Final Rule
Aug 03, 2015
- "The Clean Power Plan is the right measure at the right time. It’s a flexible, practical and economically sound blueprint to transition America toward a low-carbon future."
Statement by Ceres President Mindy S. Lubber in response to White House Announcement: American Business Act on Climate Pledge
Jul 27, 2015
- This $140 billion in low-carbon investments are exactly the kinds of commitments we need to boost clean energy projects and other low-carbon solutions globally.
Investors Worth $1.5 Trillion Support White House’s Methane Emissions Reduction Plan
Jul 01, 2015
- As recent data show methane emissions rising from the oil and gas industry, and the White House moves forward with rules to reduce this pollution, leading investors representing $1.5 trillion in assets under management released a statement of support today for a strong federal standard.
Investors, Major Brands Call for Stronger Standards from Palm Oil Certification Group
Jun 01, 2015
- Institutional investors representing over $5 trillion in assets have joined together with some of the world’s largest and most recognizable consumer brands to call on the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) to strengthen its standards for certifying the sustainable production of palm oil
BlackRock, Ceres Launch Investor Guide on US Corporate Engagement
May 28, 2015
- The world’s largest asset manager, BlackRock, has teamed up with nonprofit sustainability leader Ceres to create guidance for U.S. institutional investors on engaging with companies and policymakers on sustainability issues.