Recent press releases, blogs, news stories related to Investor Network.
Statement by Ceres President Mindy S. Lubber in response to White House Announcement: American Business Act on Climate Pledge
Jul 27, 2015
- This $140 billion in low-carbon investments are exactly the kinds of commitments we need to boost clean energy projects and other low-carbon solutions globally.
Investors Worth $1.5 Trillion Support White House’s Methane Emissions Reduction Plan
Jul 01, 2015
- As recent data show methane emissions rising from the oil and gas industry, and the White House moves forward with rules to reduce this pollution, leading investors representing $1.5 trillion in assets under management released a statement of support today for a strong federal standard.
Investors, Major Brands Call for Stronger Standards from Palm Oil Certification Group
Jun 01, 2015
- Institutional investors representing over $5 trillion in assets have joined together with some of the world’s largest and most recognizable consumer brands to call on the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) to strengthen its standards for certifying the sustainable production of palm oil
BlackRock, Ceres Launch Investor Guide on US Corporate Engagement
May 28, 2015
- The world’s largest asset manager, BlackRock, has teamed up with nonprofit sustainability leader Ceres to create guidance for U.S. institutional investors on engaging with companies and policymakers on sustainability issues.
120 CEOs Managing $12 Trillion Urge Finance Ministers to Support a Long-Term Emissions Reduction Goal in Global Climate Deal
May 26, 2015
- Ahead of Wednesday’s meeting of G7 Finance Ministers, 120 investor CEOs from around the world managing funds worth more than $12 trillion have written an open letter to finance ministers urging them to support the inclusion of a long-term emissions reduction goal in the international climate agreement.
Global Investors Launch Platform for Climate Actions and Commitments
May 19, 2015
- As companies, investors and policymakers gather in Paris for Climate Week to galvanize momentum ahead of a global deal at COP 21, investors have launched an online platform that for the first time will identify and record the wide range of actions on climate change being undertaken by the global investor community.
Apple Joins Ceres Company Network
May 14, 2015
- Ceres announced today that its board of directors has approved Apple as the newest member of the Ceres Company Network. Companies that join the Ceres network demonstrate an executive-level commitment to sustainability and strive to further integrate sustainability into their business strategies.
Entrepreneur and Advocate for Sustainable Investing, Geeta Aiyer, Wins the Joan Bavaria Award
May 13, 2015
- Geeta Aiyer, sustainable investing entrepreneur and Founder and President of Boston Common Asset Management, has been awarded the seventh-annual Joan Bavaria Award for Building Sustainability into the Capital Markets. The announcement was made at the Ceres Conference, which is running today and tomorrow at The Fairmont in San Francisco.
New Report: Major Food Companies Must Adapt to Escalating Global Water Risks
May 07, 2015
- Major U.S. food companies need to adopt far stronger practices to use limited global water resources more efficiently, according to a report released today by Ceres, a nonprofit sustainability advocacy group.
Global investor groups publish guidance on investing in solutions to address climate change
Apr 22, 2015
- The four investor groups on climate change have published a guide outlining a range of strategies and solutions investors can use to address climate change, including low carbon investment, managing and reducing carbon exposure in portfolios, and engagement.
Investors push SEC to require stronger climate risk disclosure by fossil fuel companies
Apr 17, 2015
- Just one day after BP adopted a shareholder resolution to support better carbon asset risk disclosures, 62 institutional investors representing nearly $2 trillion in assets called on the SEC to push for better disclosure by oil and gas companies of critical climate change-related business risks.
Ceres Commends U.S. Offer of Domestic Emissions Cuts Towards an International Climate Agreement
Mar 31, 2015
- The nonprofit sustainability advocacy organization Ceres commends the Obama Administration’s announcement today of its Intended Nationally Determined Contribution including a 26-28 percent cut in U.S. emissions below 2005 baseline by 2025 for the upcoming UN climate conference in Paris this December.
New Ceres Report Aims to Improve Investor Practices on Global Water Risks
Mar 10, 2015
- Amid growing concerns about water scarcity and other global sustainability risks, the nonprofit group Ceres today released a new report designed to help global investors improve their analysis and decision-making on such issues.
General Mills, Driscoll’s, Coca-Cola & KB Home Launch Business Campaign Urging Bolder Strategies To Conserve Water
Mar 05, 2015
- As California’s devastating drought enters its fourth year, and farmers face a second consecutive year with reduced surface water supplies, a diverse coalition of global businesses with significant supply chains or operations in California today announced Connect the Drops, a new campaign urging aggressive measures to maximize California's local and state water resources.
Investors Encourage Further Transparency, Standardization to Spur Green Bond Market Growth
Feb 10, 2015
- As the green bonds market continues to show impressive growth, leading investors released a Statement of Investor Expectations to support the development of a consistent, durable framework for the green bonds market, which has enormous potential to grow, especially in regard to clean energy financing and other solutions to climate change.
Dropping Oil Prices Highlight Growing Fossil Fuel Risks
Jan 29, 2015
- In advance of ExxonMobil, Shell and BP quarterly earnings calls, investors and industry analysts today voiced growing concerns about excessive industry spending on high-cost, high-carbon fossil fuel projects that may be bad financial bets as the world continues to reduce its reliance on fossil fuels, accelerate renewable energy and reduce overall carbon emissions to counter the threat of climate change.
Investors Step Up Engagement With Fossil Fuel Companies
Dec 09, 2014
- As countries gather in Lima to build momentum towards an international climate deal, the global investor community has today published a guide outlining expectations for fossil fuel companies on growing carbon asset risks as they prepare to step up their engagement with the industry in the coming year.
Nestlé, JLL, Novelis Inc., and Levi Strauss & Co Join 223 Companies in Supporting EPA’s Clean Power Plan
Dec 02, 2014
- Marking the end of the comment period on the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Power Plan, 223 companies today announced their support for EPA’s proposed carbon standard for electric power plants, including industry giants such as IKEA, Mars Inc., VF Corporation, and Nestlé.
New Report: Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Provide Low-Risk, Low-Cost Options for Utility Investment
Nov 17, 2014
- As public attention is focused on the U.S. EPA's proposal for reducing carbon pollution from U.S. power plants, a new Ceres report finds that energy efficiency and specific renewable energy technologies are the most attractive options for U.S. utilities to meet future energy demand.
Analysis Shows Growing Support from U.S. Mutual Funds for Action on Climate Change Risks
Nov 13, 2014
- More U.S. mutual fund companies are acting to address the threat of climate change in their portfolios, with one-third of votes cast across 42 fund families supporting climate-related shareholder resolutions on average in 2014, according to an analysis by the sustainability advocacy group, Ceres.