Recent press releases, blogs, news stories related to Investor Network.
Investors Highlight Policies That Could Spur Multi-Billion Dollar Opportunity in Energy Efficiency Investments
May 21, 2013
- Energy efficiency is estimated to be a multi-hundred-billion dollar investment opportunity in the United States, but better policies are required to unlock broad-based financing from institutional investors, who together manage approximately $70 trillion in assets globally.
Phil Angelides, a Leader in Shareholder Activism and Green Investment, Wins the Joan Bavaria Award
May 01, 2013
- Phil Angelides has been awarded the fifth-annual Joan Bavaria Award for Building Sustainability into the Capital Markets. The announcement was made today, the first day of the annual Ceres Conference, which is running May 1-2 at The Fairmont in San Francisco, CA.
Ceres Welcomes Adele Simmons as Newest Member of Its Board of Directors
Feb 01, 2013
- Ceres today announced that Adele Simmons, a senior executive at Metropolis Strategies and a board member at insurance brokerage firm Marsh & McLennan Cos., has been elected to its Board of Directors.
Major Investors Call for SEC to Require Disclosure of Companies’ Climate Risks and Opportunities
Nov 23, 2009
- November 23, 2009 – The petition submitted to the SEC asks for the SEC to provide interpretive guidance outlining climate-related 'material risks' - such as new regulations, physical impacts, new economic and business opportunities and other climate-related trends - that companies should be disclosing to investors.
Major Investors, State Officials, Environmental Groups Petition SEC to Require Full Corporate Climate Risk Disclosure
Sep 18, 2007
- September 18, 2007 – A broad coalition of investors, state officials with regulatory and fiscal management responsibilities, and environmental groups today filed a landmark petition asking the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to require publicly-traded companies to assess and fully disclose their financial risks from climate change. Also today, the coalition formally asked the Commission's Division of Corporation Finance to immediately begin "[c]losely scrutinizing the adequacy of registrants' climate disclosures" under existing law.