Recent press releases, blogs, news stories related to Investor Network.
Led by CalSTRS and Oregon Treasurer, 22 U.S. Investors Sign Climate Declaration, Joining Call to Action on Climate Policy
Jun 11, 2013
- On the eve of the inaugural Global Investor Forum on Climate Change, 22 American investment firms with approximately $240 billion in assets under management have signed the Climate Declaration, calling on U.S. policymakers to seize the American economic opportunity of addressing climate change.
Investors Highlight Policies That Could Spur Multi-Billion Dollar Opportunity in Energy Efficiency Investments
May 21, 2013
- Energy efficiency is estimated to be a multi-hundred-billion dollar investment opportunity in the United States, but better policies are required to unlock broad-based financing from institutional investors, who together manage approximately $70 trillion in assets globally.
Phil Angelides, a Leader in Shareholder Activism and Green Investment, Wins the Joan Bavaria Award
May 01, 2013
- Phil Angelides has been awarded the fifth-annual Joan Bavaria Award for Building Sustainability into the Capital Markets. The announcement was made today, the first day of the annual Ceres Conference, which is running May 1-2 at The Fairmont in San Francisco, CA.
Ceres Welcomes Adele Simmons as Newest Member of Its Board of Directors
Feb 01, 2013
- Ceres today announced that Adele Simmons, a senior executive at Metropolis Strategies and a board member at insurance brokerage firm Marsh & McLennan Cos., has been elected to its Board of Directors.
Major Investors Call for SEC to Require Disclosure of Companies’ Climate Risks and Opportunities
Nov 23, 2009
- November 23, 2009 – The petition submitted to the SEC asks for the SEC to provide interpretive guidance outlining climate-related 'material risks' - such as new regulations, physical impacts, new economic and business opportunities and other climate-related trends - that companies should be disclosing to investors.
Major Investors, State Officials, Environmental Groups Petition SEC to Require Full Corporate Climate Risk Disclosure
Sep 18, 2007
- September 18, 2007 – A broad coalition of investors, state officials with regulatory and fiscal management responsibilities, and environmental groups today filed a landmark petition asking the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to require publicly-traded companies to assess and fully disclose their financial risks from climate change. Also today, the coalition formally asked the Commission's Division of Corporation Finance to immediately begin "[c]losely scrutinizing the adequacy of registrants' climate disclosures" under existing law.