The Global Investor Coalition on Climate Change
The four regional climate change investor groups INCR (North America), IIGCC (Europe), IGCC (Australia & New Zealand) and AIGCC (Asia) have formed a global coalition. The coalition conducts shared initiatives on climate policy, international agreements and international projects of common interest. Domestic policy positions and services to members will remain the purview of the regional member groups. Called the Global Investor Coalition on Climate Change, the coalition provides a global platform for dialogue between and amongst investors and governments on international policy and investment practice related to climate change.
Some of GIC's Past and Present Projects Include:
The GIC has commenced with the following projects. Further projects are under development.
- 2012 Global Investor Letter on Climate Policy
- 2012 Statement on Risks Associated with Methane Emissions in the Oil and Gas Sector
- Investment Consultant Engagement Project
- 2013 – 2015 Global Investor Coalition on Climate Change Action Plan
- 2013 Global Investor Survey
- Global Investor Conference in Hong Kong, June 2013
- Global Investor Survey on Climate Change 2011
- Global Investor Survey on Climate Change 2010