Electric Power News
Read news articles, blogs and press releases about the electric power industry and sustainability issues such as water scarcity, climate change, energy efficiency and renewable energy.
Michigan Energy Office, business leaders highlight economic opportunity created by state’s clean energy policies
Nov 20, 2013
- Michigan-based wind supplier Ventower Industries and Boston Common Asset Management investor Steven Heim laid out the economic case for encouraging continued renewable energy development in Michigan.
Ceres Touts Economic Opportunity of Carbon Standards for Existing Power Plants at Boston EPA Listening Session
Nov 04, 2013
- During a listening session hosted today by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Ceres staff members testified to the economic opportunity provided by addressing climate change and spoke out in support of the EPA’s proposed rules for existing power plants.
Investors ask fossil fuel companies to assess how business plans fare in low-carbon future
Oct 24, 2013
- A group of 70 global investors managing more than $3 trillion of collective assets launched the first-ever coordinated effort to spur 45 of the world’s top oil and gas, coal and electric power companies to assess the financial risks that climate change poses to their business plans.
Major U.S. Companies and Investors Support Carbon Pollution Standards for New Power Plants
Sep 20, 2013
- Nearly two-dozen major U.S. companies and nearly 50 investors with more than $900 billion of collective assets announced their support today for new carbon pollution standards proposed by the EPA for new power plants.
Investors Highlight Policies That Could Spur Multi-Billion Dollar Opportunity in Energy Efficiency Investments
May 21, 2013
- Energy efficiency is estimated to be a multi-hundred-billion dollar investment opportunity in the United States, but better policies are required to unlock broad-based financing from institutional investors, who together manage approximately $70 trillion in assets globally.
New Report Reveals States and Utilities with Highest and Lowest Power Plant Emissions; Overall U.S. Emissions Decline
May 15, 2013
- A new report on U.S. power plant emissions from the top 100 power producers shows that the electric industry cut emissions of NOx, SO2 and CO2 in 2011 even as overall electricity generation increased, largely due to increased use of natural gas and growing reliance on renewable energy.