Company Related News
language here about news related to corporate sustainability
Statement from Ceres President Mindy Lubber on President Obama’s Final State of the Union Address
Jan 13, 2016
- In his final State of the Union, President Obama once again called for a transition to the clean energy economy needed to meet the climate goal agreed to by nearly every country around the globe last month in Paris.
Turning Paris climate agreement’s bold ambition into reality
Dec 30, 2015
- There’s been barely enough time for the ink to dry on the Paris climate deal — but we must begin charting a path forward if we’re going to meet COP21’s bold ambition in the years ahead. Around the world, policy makers, companies, and investors are demonstrating that they agree: There is no time to waste.
Here's How To Get Investors To Save The Planet
Dec 17, 2015
- World leaders should tax carbon emissions if they want institutional investors to commit their assets toward clean energy projects, according to a top environmental adviser to U.S. money managers.
The Paris Deal Could Mean The Redemption Of Big Business
Dec 14, 2015
- Business leaders helped usher in the climate deal. Now can they keep it -- and themselves -- on track?
Big Oil, Make Way for Big Solar. The Winners and Losers in Paris
Dec 14, 2015
- Saving the world isn’t going to be cheap. If you sell oil, coal or old-fashioned cars, that threatens disaster. For makers of stuff like solar panels, high-tech home insulation, and efficient lighting, it’s a potential miracle.
A Signal to Industry to Go Green in an Era of Carbon Reduction
Dec 14, 2015
- With the ink barely dry on a landmark climate accord, nations now face an even more daunting challenge: how to get their industries to go along.
Ceres and its Business Partners Applaud Historic International Climate Agreement in Paris
Dec 12, 2015
- Ceres president Mindy Lubber joined a half-dozen top U.S. investors and business executives today in praising the final international climate change agreement announced tonight in Paris.
Ceres President Applauds Historic International Climate Agreement in Paris
Dec 12, 2015
- Ceres president Mindy Lubber issued a statement heralding the final international climate agreement announced in Paris.
In Paris, polluters in focus as investors avoid climate risk
Dec 07, 2015
- So far, the most visible investor impact of climate change is divestment. But a bigger, quieter shift has started, to low carbon, and “climate aware” polluters.
Carney Backs Effort for Standard Company Climate Disclosure
Dec 04, 2015
- Bank of England Governor Mark Carney backed a global effort to bring greater transparency to the way companies disclose the risks they face from climate change, wading into a debate that has ensnared some of the biggest fossil-fuel producers.
Apparel company CEOs call for strong climate deal
Dec 03, 2015
- Citing droughts, temperature shifts and other impacts that will make apparel production “more difficult and costly,” the CEOs of seven top global apparel companies today issued a statement calling on government leaders to reach a strong climate change agreement here that will stop the growth of greenhouse gas pollution that is causing damaging global warming.
As Big Food Feels Threat Of Climate Change, Companies Speak Up
Dec 01, 2015
- Chances are, you've picked up some chatter about the new global talks on climate change. If you can't quite see how it matters to you, personally, you might want to take a peek inside your pantry. Or your candy jar. Because it might just affect your access to everything from cheese to chocolate.
A who's who among the COP21 commitments
Nov 30, 2015
- So, you support a strong global agreement at the U.N. Conference of the Parties? You want business, NGOs, policymakers and every stakeholder you forgot to mention to unite for once and for all to save the world. Of course you do. Put your name in lights in the City of Lights for what some see as an ultimate peace conference.
Business & financial sectors converge at COP21
Nov 25, 2015
- Dozens of major companies and investors from across the United States will be joining the nonprofit sustainability group Ceres at the upcoming climate negotiations in Paris in support of a strong global climate deal that will accelerate the shift to a low-carbon, clean energy economy.
Paris climate summit: why more women need seats at the table
Nov 20, 2015
- Women, particularly those in developing countries, are on the frontlines of a changing climate. Extreme weather events, deforestation and loss of biodiversity threaten their survival and that of their families. Yet, when confronted with social and economic exclusion, women’s vulnerabilities remain hidden and their voices quiet.
Mindy Lubber Statement, in response to the World Federation of Exchanges' Sustainability Reporting Guidance Launch
Nov 04, 2015
- For several years, Ceres and our investor members have worked with individual exchanges and the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) on sustainability reporting standards. Ceres President Mindy Lubber issued a statement regarding the progress made and the work ahead for global exchanges and sustainability reporting.
How To Show Corporate Leadership In Sustainability
Nov 03, 2015
- What progress are we seeing from board directors, in terms of demonstrating sustainability leadership? A recently published report includes insights from dozens of interviews with senior corporate leaders and governance experts; Dr. Bob Eccles discusses how the findings are timely and valuable for developing robust sustainability oversight.
Ceres report: How board directors can elevate sustainability more effectively at companies
Oct 28, 2015
- Broadening board compositions, reduced focus on quarterly returns and stronger compensation linkages are just a few of the ways that board directors can elevate sustainability concerns more effectively at the companies they serve on. A new Ceres report highlights the generally weak performance of U.S. corporate boards in prioritizing environmental and social issues and recommendations for boosting their effectiveness.
Major U.S. Companies Join White House Climate Action Pledge
Oct 19, 2015
- Companies making the pledge have set significant greenhouse gas reduction and renewable energy sourcing goals for 2020 and beyond, and are focusing on increasing energy efficiency, boosting low-carbon investing and making sustainability more accessible to low-income Americans.
Food industry executives call on Congress for climate change action
Oct 08, 2015
- If the US Congress is to take meaningful action to curb climate change, the support of corporate America and Republicans will be required. This is why a meeting of food industry executives and politicians on Capitol Hill may be the first glimmer of a bipartisan approach to climate action.