BICEP in the News
Read current press clips featuring BICEP.
Symantec, Levi Strauss & Co., Mars, Dignity Health, and Autodesk Join Dozens of Companies Supporting California’s Sweeping Climate Change Bills
Aug 25, 2015
- With barely two weeks left in the state legislative session, more than two-dozen California companies today announced their support for two major climate bills – SB 32 and SB 350.
Food industry needs to step up on responsible groundwater use
Aug 25, 2015
- Californians are all too familiar with what happens when water is not treated as the precious resource it is. But most of us are unaware of the enormous power we have through our day-to-day purchases, social media campaigns and petition drives to push food companies to take more responsibility in protecting global water supplies.
Why Corporate America is Supporting EPA's Clean Power Plan
Aug 03, 2015
- Today, as I joined President Obama at the White House and looked on as EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy issued the agency’s final Clean Power Plan rule, I found myself reflecting on how much has changed in the past 25 years
Statement from Ceres President Mindy Lubber re: EPA’s Clean Power Plan Final Rule
Aug 03, 2015
- "The Clean Power Plan is the right measure at the right time. It’s a flexible, practical and economically sound blueprint to transition America toward a low-carbon future."
365 Companies and Investors Announce Support for EPA’s Clean Power Plan
Jul 31, 2015
- The 365 businesses and investors – from small local companies to Fortune 500 leaders with headquarters and operations in all 50 states – is the largest-ever group of business voices to support the Clean Power Plan, the biggest carbon reducing measure in the country’s history.
41 Colorado Businesses and Investors Urge Gov. Hickenlooper’s Timely Implementation of EPA’s Clean Power Plan
Jul 30, 2015
- Today, 41 businesses and investors with a significant presence in Colorado issued a letter to Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper offering strong support for the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Power Plan for existing power plants, and encouraging the state’s “timely finalization” of its implementation plan. The letter was coordinated by the nonprofit sustainability advocacy organization, Ceres.
29 North Carolina Companies and Investors Urge Gov. McCrory's Timely Implementation of EPA's Clean Power Plan
Jul 30, 2015
- Today, 29 businesses and investors with a significant presence in North Carolina issued a letter to Governor Patrick McCrory offering strong support for the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Power Plan for existing power plants, and encouraging the state’s “timely finalization” of its implementation plan. The letter was coordinated by the nonprofit sustainability advocacy organization, Ceres.
18 Michigan Companies and Investors Urge Gov. Snyder's Timely Implementation of EPA's Clean Power Plan
Jul 30, 2015
- Today, 18 businesses and investors with a significant presence in Michigan issued a letter to Governor Rick Snyder offering strong support for the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Power Plan for existing power plants, and encouraging the state’s “timely finalization” of its implementation plan.
24 Ohio Companies and Investors Urge Gov. Kasich's Timely Implementation of EPA's Clean Power Plan
Jul 30, 2015
- Today, 24 businesses and investors with a significant presence in Ohio issued a letter to Governor John Kasich offering strong support for the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Power Plan for existing power plants, and encouraging the state’s “timely finalization” of its implementation plan.
L’Oréal USA Deepens Commitment to Action on Climate Change
Jul 16, 2015
- n advance of the United Nations Climate Change Conference which will take place this fall inParis, L’Oréal USA announced today that it will further its commitment to sustainability by joining the Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy (BICEP) coalition, which advocates for broader clean energy policies.
Levi Strauss & Co., Dignity Health, Gap Inc. & Autodesk Join 24 Companies Supporting California’s Sweeping Clean Energy Bill SB 350
May 28, 2015
- Today 24 companies with a large footprint in California announced their support for SB 350, the “Golden State’s Standard 50-50-50,” that sets new benchmarks for increasing renewable energy and energy efficiency and decreasing petroleum use by 2030.
Environmental Group Helps Big Companies to Change Practices
May 26, 2015
- Who has enough clout to get Fortune 500 giants like PepsiCola, Nike, Disney, Ikea and Apple to change their environmental practices? That credit would go to a Boston-based nonprofit with 80 employees and an $11 million budget, Ceres.
How MillerCoors is brewing more beer with less water
May 21, 2015
- "Liquid gold" is a popular descriptor for a refreshing mug of beer. But in the case of MillerCoors’ sprawling Irwindale, Calif., brewery, the phrase is most applicable to water — or the lack thereof.
Driscoll’s Berries on the Front Lines of Climate Change
May 20, 2015
- We live in strange times. One in 3 people around the world are overweight, and around the world 24 percent of calories are wasted between the farm and the refrigerator. Meanwhile, some 805 million people in the world do not have enough food to lead a healthy, active life: abundance and scarcity, hand in hand.
Apple Joins Ceres Company Network
May 14, 2015
- Ceres announced today that its board of directors has approved Apple as the newest member of the Ceres Company Network. Companies that join the Ceres network demonstrate an executive-level commitment to sustainability and strive to further integrate sustainability into their business strategies.
New Report: Major Food Companies Must Adapt to Escalating Global Water Risks
May 07, 2015
- Major U.S. food companies need to adopt far stronger practices to use limited global water resources more efficiently, according to a report released today by Ceres, a nonprofit sustainability advocacy group.
Epic Drought Forces California Grower to Re-think Water
May 05, 2015
- California’s drought is challenging for all farmers, but it’s especially daunting for growers like Barat Bisabri, who is being forced to re-think his entire business model when it comes to water.
Fortune 500s Hitting The Hill On Earth Day
Apr 21, 2015
- For many companies, Earth Day is a time for releasing corporate sustainability reports, unveiling new environmental initiatives or sponsoring community festivals honoring the day. All laudable initiatives, but with the clock ticking on our ability to limit global temperature increases to 2 degrees Celsius to avoid catastrophic climate change, companies need to up their
Changing the Business Climate in 2015
Apr 14, 2015
- Six years ago, when an international climate treaty in Copenhagen seemed distinctly possible, there was still a discernible gap between the concept of a low-carbon global economy and the capital market’s ability to deliver it.
Beer Companies Join Call for Action on Climate Change
Mar 10, 2015
- New Belgium Brewery, Guinness, Smuttynose Brewing Company and Deschutes Brewery join dozens of brewers in announcing today they’ve signed the Climate Declaration, a business call to action that urges policymakers to seize the economic opportunity of tackling climate change.