BICEP in the News
Read current press clips featuring BICEP.
Sustainable Profits: Managerial Failure Vs. Visionary Leadership
May 13, 2013
- Sustainability advocacy organization Ceres held its annual conference in San Francisco last week, and it was full of thought-provoking presentations and conversations about sustainability and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) opportunities and challenges.
Spread of Hydrofracking Could Strain Water Resources in West, Study Finds
May 08, 2013
- The rapid expansion of hydraulic fracturing to retrieve once-inaccessible reservoirs of oil and gas could put pressure on already-stressed water resources from the suburbs of Fort Worth to western Colorado.
New Study: Hydraulic Fracturing Faces Growing Competition for Water Supplies in Water-Stressed Regions
May 01, 2013
- A new Ceres research paper on water use in hydraulic fracturing operations shows that a significant portion of this activity is happening in water stressed regions of the United States, most prominently Texas and Colorado, which are both in the midst of prolonged drought conditions.
Phil Angelides, a Leader in Shareholder Activism and Green Investment, Wins the Joan Bavaria Award
May 01, 2013
- Phil Angelides has been awarded the fifth-annual Joan Bavaria Award for Building Sustainability into the Capital Markets. The announcement was made today, the first day of the annual Ceres Conference, which is running May 1-2 at The Fairmont in San Francisco, CA.
The Guardian: Corporate sustainability activism is picking up pace in the US
May 10, 2012
- Major US companies are taking the lead on sustainability as policy makers in Washington fail to act on green issues.
Forbes: "Last Call at the Oasis" is loud wakeup call on global water crisis
May 04, 2012
- The new documentary “Last Call at the Oasis” does far more than recount the alarming woes of our country’s most water-stressed regions; it’s a beautifully produced, detailed picture of an immense global crisis bearing down on us as we speak – and thankfully a roadmap of sorts to what we can do about it.