BICEP in the News
Read current press clips featuring BICEP.
New IPCC Report Confirms What Companies Already Know: Climate Change is Changing How Business Gets Done
Sep 27, 2013
- In the wake of a new Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report re-confirming the reality of climate change and clarifying its effects, business and investor leaders talked today about the ways in which global warming is already affecting their bottom lines and their strategies.
Major U.S. Companies and Investors Support Carbon Pollution Standards for New Power Plants
Sep 20, 2013
- Nearly two-dozen major U.S. companies and nearly 50 investors with more than $900 billion of collective assets announced their support today for new carbon pollution standards proposed by the EPA for new power plants.
Burton Snowboards Joins BICEP
Sep 19, 2013
- BICEP (Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy) announced today that Burton Snowboards, the world’s leading snowboard company, has joined the BICEP coalition to advocate for innovative climate and clean energy policies.
Major U.S. Companies Call for Climate Change Action
Sep 19, 2013
- Business calls for strong climate change action are getting louder. Today, a half-dozen leading global companies with more than 100,000 employees, including Microsoft, Owens Corning, Diageo, Thornton Tomasetti, and Acer America Corporation joined hundreds of other U.S. businesses in signing the Climate Declaration.
Why Ron Binz Is A Good Choice For Running FERC
Aug 28, 2013
- Most people find it tough to get excited about regulators. But President Obama’s nomination of Ron Binz to head the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) is reason to sit up and take notice.
We signed the Climate Declaration — and your firm should, too
Aug 20, 2013
- In May, Jones Lang LaSalle Inc. became the first major Chicago company to sign the Climate Declaration, a call for a coordinated effort to combat climate change. Becoming a signatory is more than just words — it underscores our view that climate change is a serious global challenge that represents a major economic opportunity in terms of energy savings.
Exclusive: Bakken flaring burns more than $100 million a month
Jul 29, 2013
- Oil drillers in North Dakota's Bakken shale fields are allowing nearly a third of the natural gas they drill to burn off into the air, with a value of more than $100 million per month, according to a study to be released on Monday.
New Report: North Dakota Natural Gas Flaring More Than Doubles in Two Years
Jul 29, 2013
- The tremendous growth of unconventional oil production in North Dakota has also led to a rapid rise in the production of associated natural gas and natural gas liquids. A new Ceres report reveals that large and growing volumes of this gas are being burned off rather than sold, creating significant economic and environmental impacts.
Business Leaders Continue Call to Action on U.S. Climate Policy by Signing the Climate Declaration
Jul 10, 2013
- Two weeks after President Obama announced plans to address climate change in a major speech, large American businesses are continuing to express their support for U.S. policy action on climate change.
Patagonia and New Chapter Join BICEP to Partner in Climate and Clean Energy Advocacy
Jul 02, 2013
- BICEP today announced that outdoor apparel company Patagonia and dietary supplement provider New Chapter have joined the BICEP coalition to advocate for innovative climate and clean energy policies.
CEOs and Businesses Respond to President Obama’s Climate Action Plan
Jun 27, 2013
- Two days after President Obama unveiled a sweeping plan to address the threat of climate change, more than 50 companies have offered their support for the President’s national climate change strategy, including statements from several CEOs.
A Climate Plan For The 21st Century Economy
Jun 25, 2013
- Many firms have responded to the new climate paradigm by limiting their impact. But without a national strategy on climate change, even these efforts aren’t enough to address the underlying cause of a changing climate.
Wide-Ranging Businesses Support President Obama’s Climate Plan
Jun 25, 2013
- A broad range of businesses and investors from across the country are offering strong support for President Obama’s climate plan. The businesses are all signatories of the Climate Declaration, a statement calling on U.S. policymakers to capture the American economic opportunities of addressing climate change.
Why Drivers Should Care About Sulfur Pollution
Jun 20, 2013
- Most Americans pulling into gas stations are focused on the pump price, not the fuel's content. However, sulfur content and its impact on vehicle emissions and public health is worth their consideration.
350+ Small Businesses Sign Climate Declaration in Call for U.S. Climate Change Policy
Jun 20, 2013
- A total of 364 American small businesses from 47 states and the District of Columbia have signed the Climate Declaration, a statement calling on U.S. policymakers to capture the American economic opportunities of addressing climate change.
Mars, Incorporated Joins BICEP and Signs Climate Declaration to Promote Climate-Focused Policies
Jun 18, 2013
- BICEP announced that Mars, Incorporated has joined Ceres’ BICEP coalition to advocate for innovative climate and clean energy policies. In addition, Mars has signed BICEP’s Climate Declaration, which calls upon federal policymakers to seize the American economic opportunity of addressing climate change.
Led by CalSTRS and Oregon Treasurer, 22 U.S. Investors Sign Climate Declaration, Joining Call to Action on Climate Policy
Jun 11, 2013
- On the eve of the inaugural Global Investor Forum on Climate Change, 22 American investment firms with approximately $240 billion in assets under management have signed the Climate Declaration, calling on U.S. policymakers to seize the American economic opportunity of addressing climate change.
Betsy Blaisdell: A federal green energy policy everyone can support
Jun 06, 2013
- Our daily livelihoods depend on the outdoors. And we’re worried. We see the effects of climate change — not only in our surroundings, but in our potential revenues.
More Than 100 Ski Areas Sign Climate Declaration, Calling for U.S. Policy Action on Climate Change
May 29, 2013
- Today, 108 ski areas from around the United States joined with 40 other businesses, Ceres and its BICEP in signing the Climate Declaration, which calls upon federal policymakers to seize the American economic opportunity of addressing climate change
Investors Highlight Policies That Could Spur Multi-Billion Dollar Opportunity in Energy Efficiency Investments
May 21, 2013
- Energy efficiency is estimated to be a multi-hundred-billion dollar investment opportunity in the United States, but better policies are required to unlock broad-based financing from institutional investors, who together manage approximately $70 trillion in assets globally.