BICEP in the News
Read current press clips featuring BICEP.
Led by CalSTRS and Oregon Treasurer, 22 U.S. Investors Sign Climate Declaration, Joining Call to Action on Climate Policy
Jun 11, 2013
- On the eve of the inaugural Global Investor Forum on Climate Change, 22 American investment firms with approximately $240 billion in assets under management have signed the Climate Declaration, calling on U.S. policymakers to seize the American economic opportunity of addressing climate change.
Betsy Blaisdell: A federal green energy policy everyone can support
Jun 06, 2013
- Our daily livelihoods depend on the outdoors. And we’re worried. We see the effects of climate change — not only in our surroundings, but in our potential revenues.
More Than 100 Ski Areas Sign Climate Declaration, Calling for U.S. Policy Action on Climate Change
May 29, 2013
- Today, 108 ski areas from around the United States joined with 40 other businesses, Ceres and its BICEP in signing the Climate Declaration, which calls upon federal policymakers to seize the American economic opportunity of addressing climate change
Investors Highlight Policies That Could Spur Multi-Billion Dollar Opportunity in Energy Efficiency Investments
May 21, 2013
- Energy efficiency is estimated to be a multi-hundred-billion dollar investment opportunity in the United States, but better policies are required to unlock broad-based financing from institutional investors, who together manage approximately $70 trillion in assets globally.
Sustainable Profits: Managerial Failure Vs. Visionary Leadership
May 13, 2013
- Sustainability advocacy organization Ceres held its annual conference in San Francisco last week, and it was full of thought-provoking presentations and conversations about sustainability and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) opportunities and challenges.
Spread of Hydrofracking Could Strain Water Resources in West, Study Finds
May 08, 2013
- The rapid expansion of hydraulic fracturing to retrieve once-inaccessible reservoirs of oil and gas could put pressure on already-stressed water resources from the suburbs of Fort Worth to western Colorado.
New Study: Hydraulic Fracturing Faces Growing Competition for Water Supplies in Water-Stressed Regions
May 01, 2013
- A new Ceres research paper on water use in hydraulic fracturing operations shows that a significant portion of this activity is happening in water stressed regions of the United States, most prominently Texas and Colorado, which are both in the midst of prolonged drought conditions.
Phil Angelides, a Leader in Shareholder Activism and Green Investment, Wins the Joan Bavaria Award
May 01, 2013
- Phil Angelides has been awarded the fifth-annual Joan Bavaria Award for Building Sustainability into the Capital Markets. The announcement was made today, the first day of the annual Ceres Conference, which is running May 1-2 at The Fairmont in San Francisco, CA.
The Guardian: Corporate sustainability activism is picking up pace in the US
May 10, 2012
- Major US companies are taking the lead on sustainability as policy makers in Washington fail to act on green issues.
Forbes: "Last Call at the Oasis" is loud wakeup call on global water crisis
May 04, 2012
- The new documentary “Last Call at the Oasis” does far more than recount the alarming woes of our country’s most water-stressed regions; it’s a beautifully produced, detailed picture of an immense global crisis bearing down on us as we speak – and thankfully a roadmap of sorts to what we can do about it.