BICEP in the News
Read current press clips featuring BICEP.
Ski Season Renews Calls for Federal Government to ‘Combat Climate Change’
Dec 10, 2013
- With the ski season underway in the United States, a petition that was announced in May asking lawmakers to address “climate change” is again in the spotlight as climate change advocates launched a video campaign on social media last week.
Ceres Touts Economic Opportunity of Carbon Standards for Existing Power Plants at Boston EPA Listening Session
Nov 04, 2013
- During a listening session hosted today by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Ceres staff members testified to the economic opportunity provided by addressing climate change and spoke out in support of the EPA’s proposed rules for existing power plants.
Companies Push White House to Follow Through on Climate Action Plan
Oct 29, 2013
- One year after Superstorm Sandy devastated the East Coast, major U. S. companies including Starbucks, Unilever and Mars, Inc. have called on President Obama and the White House to follow through on climate change preparedness efforts outlined in the Climate Action Plan announced by the President on June 25th.
The Climate Declaration Hits Broadway…
Oct 25, 2013
- Starting this week, the Climate Declaration’s message that “tackling climate change is America’s greatest economic opportunity of the 21st century” will be showcased on the CBS Jumbotron on 42nd street in New York City’s Times Square for the next three months.
Investors ask fossil fuel companies to assess how business plans fare in low-carbon future
Oct 24, 2013
- A group of 70 global investors managing more than $3 trillion of collective assets launched the first-ever coordinated effort to spur 45 of the world’s top oil and gas, coal and electric power companies to assess the financial risks that climate change poses to their business plans.
Start Your Timers: We Have 30 Years Left To Fix Climate Change (But Who Cares?)
Sep 30, 2013
- The U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's latest report has made it official: We're causing climate change and time is running out. If only people would read it and do something.
Why Microsoft, eBay (And 650 Other Businesses) Are Calling for U.S. Climate Action
Sep 27, 2013
- Today’s new IPCC climate science report and the fast approaching first anniversary of Hurricane Sandy have policy leaders busy promising ways to curb global warming pollution and avoid future devastating storms.
Apparel Giant VF Corporation Joins BICEP and Signs the Climate Declaration
Sep 27, 2013
- BICEP today announced that VF Corporation has joined the coalition to advocate for innovative climate and clean energy policies. The company has also signed the Climate Declaration, which calls for federal policymakers to seize the American economic opportunity to address climate change.
IPCC climate report sets upper limit for global emissions
Sep 27, 2013
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, or IPCC, just released its new report on global warming. It reinforces the conclusion that global warming is predominantly caused by human activity and sets an upper limit for the carbon emissions the world's economies can create.
New IPCC Report Confirms What Companies Already Know: Climate Change is Changing How Business Gets Done
Sep 27, 2013
- In the wake of a new Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report re-confirming the reality of climate change and clarifying its effects, business and investor leaders talked today about the ways in which global warming is already affecting their bottom lines and their strategies.
Major U.S. Companies and Investors Support Carbon Pollution Standards for New Power Plants
Sep 20, 2013
- Nearly two-dozen major U.S. companies and nearly 50 investors with more than $900 billion of collective assets announced their support today for new carbon pollution standards proposed by the EPA for new power plants.
Burton Snowboards Joins BICEP
Sep 19, 2013
- BICEP (Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy) announced today that Burton Snowboards, the world’s leading snowboard company, has joined the BICEP coalition to advocate for innovative climate and clean energy policies.
Major U.S. Companies Call for Climate Change Action
Sep 19, 2013
- Business calls for strong climate change action are getting louder. Today, a half-dozen leading global companies with more than 100,000 employees, including Microsoft, Owens Corning, Diageo, Thornton Tomasetti, and Acer America Corporation joined hundreds of other U.S. businesses in signing the Climate Declaration.
Why Ron Binz Is A Good Choice For Running FERC
Aug 28, 2013
- Most people find it tough to get excited about regulators. But President Obama’s nomination of Ron Binz to head the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) is reason to sit up and take notice.
We signed the Climate Declaration — and your firm should, too
Aug 20, 2013
- In May, Jones Lang LaSalle Inc. became the first major Chicago company to sign the Climate Declaration, a call for a coordinated effort to combat climate change. Becoming a signatory is more than just words — it underscores our view that climate change is a serious global challenge that represents a major economic opportunity in terms of energy savings.
Exclusive: Bakken flaring burns more than $100 million a month
Jul 29, 2013
- Oil drillers in North Dakota's Bakken shale fields are allowing nearly a third of the natural gas they drill to burn off into the air, with a value of more than $100 million per month, according to a study to be released on Monday.
New Report: North Dakota Natural Gas Flaring More Than Doubles in Two Years
Jul 29, 2013
- The tremendous growth of unconventional oil production in North Dakota has also led to a rapid rise in the production of associated natural gas and natural gas liquids. A new Ceres report reveals that large and growing volumes of this gas are being burned off rather than sold, creating significant economic and environmental impacts.
Business Leaders Continue Call to Action on U.S. Climate Policy by Signing the Climate Declaration
Jul 10, 2013
- Two weeks after President Obama announced plans to address climate change in a major speech, large American businesses are continuing to express their support for U.S. policy action on climate change.
Patagonia and New Chapter Join BICEP to Partner in Climate and Clean Energy Advocacy
Jul 02, 2013
- BICEP today announced that outdoor apparel company Patagonia and dietary supplement provider New Chapter have joined the BICEP coalition to advocate for innovative climate and clean energy policies.
CEOs and Businesses Respond to President Obama’s Climate Action Plan
Jun 27, 2013
- Two days after President Obama unveiled a sweeping plan to address the threat of climate change, more than 50 companies have offered their support for the President’s national climate change strategy, including statements from several CEOs.