BICEP in the News
Read current press clips featuring BICEP.
Why Passing Climate Legislation Is Good for California’s Water
Aug 08, 2016
- As every Californian knows by now, the state is in the fifth year of a drought, and this persistent imbalance of supply and demand in the water supply is likely the new norm. The good news is that many state leaders have woken up to this fact, and in recent years have been clearing some of the logjams around smart water management.
Will RGGI Double Down on Carbon Cuts?
Aug 04, 2016
- Carbon pricing, the bogeyman of climate-change mitigation, still inspires terror in some US corporate executives and politicians, despite support from global businesses and governments. But when it comes to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, it works as evidenced by a micro-experiment among Northeastern states.
90+ Companies and Investors Call On Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Governors To Double Down On Their Efforts To Cut Carbon Emissions
Aug 01, 2016
- More than 70 companies and 20 institutional investors are urging Northeast and Mid-Atlantic governors to strengthen their efforts to reduce carbon emissions from the regions’ electric power sector.
In Unprecedented Response, Investors Call On SEC To Improve Reporting Of Climate Risks And Other Sustainability Challenges
Jul 19, 2016
- In response to a formal review of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s corporate disclosure requirements, dozens of institutional investors have submitted letters to the federal agency requesting quick action to require stronger reporting of sustainability risks such as climate change, water scarcity and global deforestation.
SEC Climate Risk Disclosure Effort Under Serious Attack from Congress
Jul 18, 2016
- The lifeblood of financial markets is accurate information, and a major part of the SEC’s mission is to ensure that publicly traded companies provide investors with information material to their performance. A misguided proposal countering these needs is becoming part of recent federal funding negotiations.
Ceres Applauds Senate Committee's Action On Climate Change
Jun 29, 2016
- Ceres welcomed today’s bipartisan action by a U.S Senate committee to approve a spending bill amendment that would send $500 million to the Green Climate Fund.
State Policies Drive Utilities to Invest in Clean Energy Boom
Jun 28, 2016
- Midwest utilities are embracing renewable energy and energy efficiency and supportive state policy is a major driver of this trend.
Food, Beverage Execs to GOP: Climate Change Is Hurting Our Supply Chains
May 31, 2016
- At a congressional briefing, executives from Ben & Jerry’s, Clif Bar, Kellogg Company, Mars Incorporated, PepsiCo, Stonyfield and Unilever discussed how climate change is disrupting global food supplies and their own supply chains.
Global Food and Beverage Companies Call On House Lawmakers For Urgent Action On Climate Change
May 25, 2016
- In the wake of the Earth Day signing of the historic global climate agreement, more than a half-dozen leading food and beverage companies converged on Capitol Hill to press U.S. House lawmakers for federal action on climate change.
Ceres Commends EPA for First Ever National Rule Today on Methane Pollution
May 12, 2016
- As the clean energy transition continues to pick up steam globally in the wake of the Paris Climate Agreement, the nonprofit sustainability Ceres and major investors and companies welcomed today’s commitment from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to significantly cut methane emissions from the oil and gas industry.
Ceres Conferees Sing New Tune on Oil, Climate
May 12, 2016
- The Ceres Conference, which brings together players from the corporate and environmental communities, has become an annual temperature-taking ritual for those concerned about how companies are responding to issues of climate change and sustainability.
Business Is Taking Action on LGBT Rights. Will Climate Change Be Next?
May 09, 2016
- In theory, any moral issue that moves us away from thriving economically is also a business problem — so why stop at LGBT rights? A large number of issues could fall under the same dual logic: avoiding brand-damaging human-rights issues in the supply chain, fighting income and opportunity inequality (including supporting minimum wages), and, of course, tackling big environmental issues such as climate change.
Earth Day 2016: Paris Climate Agreement To Be Signed By Over 150 Countries At UN Ceremony In New York
Apr 25, 2016
- Leaders from more than 150 countries are set to gather in New York City on Friday to sign the landmark climate change deal struck in Paris last year. The event will be the latest in a series of steps to transform the global accord into an actual tool for combating greenhouse gas emissions and boosting the use of cleaner energy.
Corporations Move to Curb Global Warming
Apr 25, 2016
- The deal 195 nations finalized in December in Paris may be the most important climate agreement ever reached, but pockets of corporate leaders, financial regulators and money managers remember it for another reason: a shift in how the business community views global warming.
Ceres President Mindy Lubber Commends World Leaders for Signing Paris Agreement on Climate Change
Apr 22, 2016
- “Today will be marked not only as Earth Day, but the day that our world rebooted to set our climate back on track,” Ceres president Mindy Lubber said Friday at the historic signature ceremony of the Paris Agreement on climate change at the United Nations.
One Way The Paris Climate Pact Is Already Having A Huge Effect
Apr 20, 2016
- On Wednesday, two days before world leaders are scheduled to sign the historic climate treaty reached in Paris last December, more than 100 businesses — including corporate titans like Google, Ikea, Salesforce, Starbucks and General Mills — called for “swift action” on President Barack Obama’s signature climate regulation, a key part of the U.S. commitment to cut carbon emissions.
100+ Companies Salute the Signing of the Paris Agreement and Call For Swift Action On Clean Power Plan
Apr 20, 2016
- More than 100 companies, including leading global giants, expressed their support today for the Paris Agreement on climate change and called for swift action on the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Power Plan, a proposal aimed at significantly cutting carbon pollution in the United States.
Coalition of Conscious Companies Asks EPA to Strengthen Big Rig Emissions Standards
Apr 08, 2016
- A coalition of a dozen major food brands and retailers have asked federal regulators not to back down on reducing trucking emissions and increasing fuel economy.
Can you power a business on 100% renewable energy? Ikea wants to try
Apr 08, 2016
- An increasing number of big businesses including Google and Mars are opting to get their power from renewables – helping the planet and their profit margins.
'Sustainable' means different things in politics, but it's sound thinking in business
Apr 07, 2016
- Mention the word "sustainable" to a liberal member of Congress and you immediately have credibility, common ground with many. Mention the word "sustainable" to a conservative member and you might have a disagreement on your hands or, at a minimum, whatever you say after that will go unheard. But what does "sustainable" mean?