BICEP in the News
Read current press clips featuring BICEP.
Ceres and the PRI Join Forces to Tackle Tropical Deforestation
Nov 11, 2016
- Through a new, joint investor group, the two organizations will support global institutional investors pressing food and timber companies to eliminate deforestation and other related concerns, including forced labor and land rights disputes from their supply chains.
Major Companies Are The Engines of Climate Progress
Nov 03, 2016
- As we approach the next round of climate talks in Morocco, one question looms large; having reached a milestone agreement in Paris, and having surpassed the thresholds necessary for that agreement to enter into force, will the business community respond with decisive on-the-ground action to realize a low-carbon future?
Iconic Businesses Call for Swift Action on Clean Power Plan in Pennsylvania
Oct 27, 2016
- Last week, major companies, including Philadelphia-based IKEA North America, the Adidas Group, Eileen Fisher, JLL, and Nestlé USA, sent letters to state lawmakers urging Pennsylvania to submit a timely strategy outlining how it will implement the Clean Power Plan.
Ohio businesses to lawmakers: Strengthen standards for renewable energy and efficiency
Oct 25, 2016
- Nine businesses that collectively employ more than 25,000 people in Ohio are urging state lawmakers to reinstate and strengthen Ohio’s standards on energy efficiency and renewables.
Major Food Companies to Tackle Water Risks In Their Global Supply Chains
Oct 24, 2016
- As climate change, population growth and water pollution increase pressure on freshwater resources, seven global food and beverage companies today announced commitments to work with thousands of growers in their global supply chains to reduce water use and pollution impacts.
Ceres’ Mindy Lubber Statement On Paris Climate Agreement's Entry Into Force
Oct 05, 2016
- “The Paris Agreement’s entry into force is a crystal-clear market signal that the transition to a low-carbon global economy is underway and accelerating. I applaud the European Parliament and other governments that have formally joined the accord.
The Clean Power Plan: The Power Sector's Stepping Stone to the Future
Sep 26, 2016
- The electric power sector will be closely watching this week’s D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals hearing on the Clean Power Plan and eagerly awaiting the clarity that the court, and likely the U.S. Supreme Court, will provide.
Backing Clean Power Plan Will Accelerate The Clean Energy Future
Sep 22, 2016
- While legal experts are debating EPA’s Clean Power Plan in Washington next Tuesday, the U.S. business community is galloping ahead on the clean energy future.
New Report Shows Public-Private Partnerships Advance Low-Carbon State Energy Policies
Sep 12, 2016
- A new report released today provides unique insight from high-level experts into how improved public-private coordination on state energy policies and programs can significantly drive clean energy investment
Ceres President Mindy Lubber Praises U.S. and China for Formally Joining the Paris Agreement on Climate Change
Sep 05, 2016
- “Today’s action sends a powerful signal to the markets that the shift to a low-carbon, clean energy economy is now accelerating. The rest of the world’s countries should take notice."
Why Passing Climate Legislation Is Good for California’s Water
Aug 08, 2016
- As every Californian knows by now, the state is in the fifth year of a drought, and this persistent imbalance of supply and demand in the water supply is likely the new norm. The good news is that many state leaders have woken up to this fact, and in recent years have been clearing some of the logjams around smart water management.
Will RGGI Double Down on Carbon Cuts?
Aug 04, 2016
- Carbon pricing, the bogeyman of climate-change mitigation, still inspires terror in some US corporate executives and politicians, despite support from global businesses and governments. But when it comes to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, it works as evidenced by a micro-experiment among Northeastern states.
90+ Companies and Investors Call On Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Governors To Double Down On Their Efforts To Cut Carbon Emissions
Aug 01, 2016
- More than 70 companies and 20 institutional investors are urging Northeast and Mid-Atlantic governors to strengthen their efforts to reduce carbon emissions from the regions’ electric power sector.
In Unprecedented Response, Investors Call On SEC To Improve Reporting Of Climate Risks And Other Sustainability Challenges
Jul 19, 2016
- In response to a formal review of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s corporate disclosure requirements, dozens of institutional investors have submitted letters to the federal agency requesting quick action to require stronger reporting of sustainability risks such as climate change, water scarcity and global deforestation.
SEC Climate Risk Disclosure Effort Under Serious Attack from Congress
Jul 18, 2016
- The lifeblood of financial markets is accurate information, and a major part of the SEC’s mission is to ensure that publicly traded companies provide investors with information material to their performance. A misguided proposal countering these needs is becoming part of recent federal funding negotiations.
Ceres Applauds Senate Committee's Action On Climate Change
Jun 29, 2016
- Ceres welcomed today’s bipartisan action by a U.S Senate committee to approve a spending bill amendment that would send $500 million to the Green Climate Fund.
State Policies Drive Utilities to Invest in Clean Energy Boom
Jun 28, 2016
- Midwest utilities are embracing renewable energy and energy efficiency and supportive state policy is a major driver of this trend.
Food, Beverage Execs to GOP: Climate Change Is Hurting Our Supply Chains
May 31, 2016
- At a congressional briefing, executives from Ben & Jerry’s, Clif Bar, Kellogg Company, Mars Incorporated, PepsiCo, Stonyfield and Unilever discussed how climate change is disrupting global food supplies and their own supply chains.
Global Food and Beverage Companies Call On House Lawmakers For Urgent Action On Climate Change
May 25, 2016
- In the wake of the Earth Day signing of the historic global climate agreement, more than a half-dozen leading food and beverage companies converged on Capitol Hill to press U.S. House lawmakers for federal action on climate change.
Ceres Commends EPA for First Ever National Rule Today on Methane Pollution
May 12, 2016
- As the clean energy transition continues to pick up steam globally in the wake of the Paris Climate Agreement, the nonprofit sustainability Ceres and major investors and companies welcomed today’s commitment from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to significantly cut methane emissions from the oil and gas industry.