Eligibility & Rules
The Joan Bavaria Award honors unique investor, business, and NGO leaders who are working to transform the capital markets into a system that balances economic prosperity with social and environmental concerns. In 2011, Ceres and Trillium Asset Management revised its award process and will now honor one individual with the Joan Bavaria Award each year. The award strives to recognize an investor, business, or NGO leader who is innovative and/or impactful in creating solutions to build a capital market that takes social and environmental concerns into account.
- Nominees must come from the investment, business, or NGO communities.
- Nominees can work within the North American and international markets.
- Nominees must share the spirit of collaboration and coalition-building demonstrated by Joan Bavaria and the organizations she founded (Trillium Asset Management LLC, The Social Investment Forum and Ceres).
- Nominees cannot have demonstrated a pattern of egregious behavior counter to the spirit of the Awards
- Anonymous and self-nominations as well as nominations of organizations will not be accepted.
- Employees of Trillium and Ceres, as well as participating judges, are not eligible for nomination.
The nomination form includes five qualitative questions; all must be answered for nominations to be considered by the judges.
Nominations must be accompanied by contact information for a third-party reference that the judges may contact; a letter of expressed reference seconding the nomination is optional. Other supporting materials are welcome.
Nominations must be submitted online by the date specified on the Joan Bavaria Award website. Any extensions will be granted at the discretion of Ceres and Trillium.
Nominees will be automatically considered for a total of two years before being removed from the judging pool.
The five-member judging panel includes representatives from the investment, business, and/or NGO sectors.
The award winner and his/her nominator will be notified at least two weeks before the annual Ceres Conference.
The Joan Bavaria Award is presented at the annual Ceres Conference.
There is no monetary prize associated with the Joan Bavaria Award.
For more information
For questions about the Joan Bavaria Award or to request a nomination extension, please contact Brian Sant.