Blogs By Ceres
A listing of blogs authored by Ceres
The Senate Punts Recklessly on Energy and Climate
Jul 26, 2010
- Even in hyper-partisan modern Washington one would have thought that, in the end, the Senate would have more plain sense than to turn its back on comprehensive energy and climate legislation this year. But that's exactly what it did last week.
BP Drops the Ball, Nike Scores
Jul 09, 2010
- The World Cup. The BP Oil Spill. Both are reverberating around the world. But in one, you have a company who responded poorly to risk. In the other, you have one meeting it head on -- a soccer header if you will. What exactly do the World Cup and the BP oil spill have in common?
Outdoor Industries: Feeling the Heat from Climate Change
Jul 01, 2010
- Outdoor pursuits will be among the first activities widely altered by climate change, and many of the $750 billion outdoor industry's largest companies are getting vocal about it.
Storms, Science, and Climate Change
Apr 16, 2010
- Mindy Lubber of Ceres provides a guest view on the weather events around the SouthCoast and New England, touching on how we need a new path after the economic shocks of recent years for our families, our country and our planet.
Compensation and Sustainability
Apr 14, 2010
- Mindy Lubber of Ceres blogs about addressing sustainability issues, innovative compensation schemes and the demand for new business models in the 21st Century Corporation.
Business as the engine for social change
Apr 13, 2010
- The world can no longer afford business as usual. Our global economy faces unprecedented challenges, whether from climate change, ever-increasing food and water shortages, surging populations, or myopic financial markets obsessed with short-term gains and growth at all costs.
It's All About the Money in Copenhagen
Dec 17, 2009
- It's all about the money these last days in the Danish capital and one key question is being asked: How on earth do you build and finance a robust and credible global carbon market? On buses, in hallways, in long lines outside the Bella Center, participants are all talking about the explosion in financing and carbon trading that is needed to dramatically reduce the pollution causing climate change.
Business Coalitions Form to Back Climate Change Bill
Oct 06, 2009
- A delegation of more than 150 businesses supporting the bill, which is sponsored by Sens. John Kerry, D-Mass., and Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., arrived in Washington yesterday and will flood senators' offices today to urge movement on climate change legislation.