Website, Associate, Communications
Ceres is an advocate for sustainability leadership. Ceres mobilizes a powerful network of investors, companies and public interest groups to accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy. Our mission is to mobilize investor and business leadership to build a thriving, sustainable global economy.
Ceres is uniquely positioned at the nexus of the business, investment and advocacy communities. To advance our mission and vision, we leverage the power of our partners—leading investors, Fortune 500 companies, thought leaders and policymakers—to positively influence change. To accomplish our mission, Ceres relies on the power and expertise of the companies we engage with, the investors we bring together and the public interest groups we work with.
Ceres is launching a brand new website with a fresh and updated look and feel soon and we’re looking for a full-time Associate to join the online communications team to help create and launch our new vision. The Website Associate will join the communications team to help Ceres build and maintain its online brand on the ceres.org website. This position will play a key role in the upcoming website redesign project while updating and maintaining Ceres’s current website. This is a full-time position, based in our Boston office and will report to the Director of Online Communications. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overall maintenance of Ceres website posting new content, news items, press releases, job announcements, and building new landing pages, as directed by the Director of Online Communications Director.
- Support staff using and updating the Ceres websites to enhance our programs, network and campaigns.
- Ensure consistency of brand guidelines on Ceres website
- Provide website support for Ceres annual conference, other events, and campaigns, including creating new pages, updating speakers, sponsors and program information as well as online registration system.
- Updating Ceres website for major press announcements, report releases and other announcements
- Manage and monitor Google Analytics and provide regular website statistics reports to the online engagement and leadership teams.
- Manage Ceres Google Adwords program to drive high quality traffic to the Ceres website
- Support Director of Online Communications with website redesign and launch
- Manage all technical aspects of the Ceres website, including working with developers, database administrator, online engagement associate, etc to ensure forms, email subscriptions, membership lists and other dynamic content are up to date and working properly
- Manage external online news posts, including posting original Ceres content on Forbes, Huffington Post, National Geographic and 3BL
- Bachelor degree, required.
- 2-3 years of work experience, required.
- Experience using a content management systems, such as Plone, Wordpress, Drupal, etc
- Prior experience managing, updating and maintaining websites, required
- Working knowledge of HTML, required
- Demonstrated interested in environmental or sustainability issues, preferred.
- Prior office experience, preferred
- Data entry experience and familiarity with database systems
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to evaluate workload and prioritize projects
- Able to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Able to work well independently and as a team member
- Comfortable working with different personalities and people
- Desire to work in a mission-driven / nonprofit environment
Candidates are asked to visit the Ceres website www.ceres.org to make themselves familiar with our organization. Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and 2 writing samples to email@example.com to be considered for this position. Please list “Website, Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.