Manager, Sustainable Agriculture, Water Program
Description & Responsibilities
Ceres is looking to hire a Manager to join its Water Program team. We are looking for candidates with specific expertise in sustainable agriculture.
The Ceres Water Program is focusing on three key economic sectors with enormous responsibility for protecting our nation’s water future – water utilities, agriculture and oil and gas. This position will play a pivotal role in Ceres’ efforts to advance corporate water stewardship in the agricultural supply chains of the food, beverage and agribusiness sectors.
This is a full-time position, based in Boston, MA, that will report to the Water Program Director and partners with a number of program teams at Ceres.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the production, release and distribution of new research reports and related blog posts and articles that advance the implementation of corporate, sustainable agriculture practices and to increase investor understanding and action to address water related risks and opportunities, with a focus on the food and beverage sector and agricultural supply chains.
- Provide research, writing, and project management support to initiatives designed to enhance water stewardship across other priority sectors.
- Support the promotion and ongoing development of the Ceres Aqua Gauge.
- Serve as a resource on agricultural sustainability issues for the Ceres Corporate, Investor and Industry Program teams, including participating in Ceres company member stakeholder calls.
- In coordination with the Investor team and outside partners, coordinate with investors and deliver company analysis and research to support engagement with companies on agricultural sustainability issues.
- Assist the Director in working with the Ceres Development team to develop fundraising proposals and reports for relevant projects.
- Represent Ceres as a speaker at conferences and events.
- Assist with planning for the Ceres annual conference program and other events.
- Partner with the Corporate Program and Investor Programs to design and implement workshops, conference calls, webinars, and dialogue meetings with companies, investors and stakeholders.
- Support the implementation and development of Water Program management systems including developing goals, tracking KPIs and evaluating the results and progress of the program.
- Bachelor degree, required.
- Graduate degree in business, environment, law or public policy or related field preferred.
- Five years or more of direct experience working on sustainable agriculture and freshwater management issues in the corporate, investor and/or non-profit sectors.
- Substantial expertise on environmental sustainability issues, with a preference for expertise in freshwater sustainability/sustainable water management.
- An understanding of the following entities; corporations, large-scale agricultural operations, investment firms, financial institutions, or institutional investors.
- Strong writing and research skills
- Effective presentation style and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, two writing samples, a list of three references, and a letter describing their qualifications, interests, and potential contribution to our organization.
Please use the words “Manager, Sustainable Agriculture, Water Program” in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Address all correspondence to:
Careers at Ceres
ATTN: Manager, Sustainable Agriculture, Water Program
Email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org
99 Chauncy Street, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02111