Ceres is an advocate for sustainability leadership. Ceres mobilizes a powerful network of investors, companies and public interest groups to accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy. Ceres directs the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a group of 116 leading institutional investors with collective assets of over $13 trillion. Ceres also coordinates Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP), a coalition of 30 consumer brands advocating for progressive climate and energy policy on the state and federal level.
Ceres plays a unique role in the national environmental and sustainability movement by bringing the perspective and power of investors to environmental and sustainability issues and specifically to the performance, practices and policies of corporations. Today Ceres is a growing organization with expanding influence in the investment, environmental, corporate and policy arenas. Our program activities seek to foster greater public disclosure of environmental and social impacts by corporations, encourage engagement between companies and their stakeholders, and create opportunities for collaborative dialogue leading to positive change on key sustainability issues. To this end, we are harnessing the influence of the nation’s largest investors to move high-impact companies, the financial and insurance industries, and policymakers toward bold action on climate and sustainability.
Description & Responsibilities
We seek an energetic go-getter to assist executive level staff at Ceres. The duties are supporting the Chief Operating Officer and the Vice President, Climate & Clean Energy. This position provides a combination of administrative and programmatic support to these two senior positions.
- Support the COO in overseeing and integrating programmatic priorities across the organization
- Support the COO and VP in meetings, often including taking minutes and ensuring follow up after meetings
- Support the COO and VP with scheduling, travel logistics, funding engagements, and team meetings
- Act as primary point of contact for COO; prioritize phone calls and correspondence, determine actions and ensure appropriate follow-through
- Schedule appointments and oversee travel arrangements, synchronizing with the President’s office calendar
- Help develop and manage program support systems, including organization-wide tools and resources for annual planning, activity/events and deliverable tracking, and calendars
- Support COO and VP working with Development on funding proposals
- Perform clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, processing reimbursements, and sending correspondence;
- Provide support to COO and VP for any activities related to Ceres annual conference or other organization-wide events
- Bachelor degree, required.
- Minimum of one year of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge or experience with environment, climate change or sustainability issues preferred – understanding of the role of business, the investment community, or NGOs a plus.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, superior leadership ability, strong initiative and motivation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience as an assistant to a senior executive a plus.
- Successful record of organizing and advancing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent research and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to synthesize information and implement findings in various situations
- Strong verbal skills
- Highly developed writing skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Maturity to manage confidential information
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and a list of three references. Please use the words “Executive Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Address all correspondence to:
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.