Jobs and Internships
Are you ready to change corporate, investor and business practices on climate change and other sustainability challenges? Are you interested in working with Fortune 500 companies to help them reach new heights on environmental and social performance? Do you have the strategic savvy to engage entire industries — the insurance sector, for example — to tackle the business impacts from climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability issues? Ceres is seeking the best and the brightest candidates to fill these positions in our growing organization.
Ceres is a nonprofit organization mobilizing business and investor leadership on climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability challenges. Ceres directs the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a network of over 100 institutional investors with collective assets totaling more than $12 trillion. Ceres also directs Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy (BICEP), an advocacy coalition of nearly 30 businesses committed to working with policy makers to pass meaningful energy and climate legislation. The Ceres Company Network includes over 60 corporations working to improve their performance and governance for sustainability.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
The following positions are now available:
Assistant, Events & Sponsorship
Aug 26, 2015
- The Ceres Events & Sponsorship team is responsible for planning, organizing and executing the annual Ceres Conference (a signature event), the biennial Investors Summit (occurring next in 2016) and other day/half-day events throughout the year. Additionally our team provides support for sponsorship for these events through research, internal/external outreach and follow-up, and by tracking all sponsorship on an organization-wide basis. The Events & Sponsorship team engages with all Ceres program teams on these efforts and works closely with the Development, Operations and Communications team.
Program Assistant, Policy Program
Aug 26, 2015
- Ceres is soliciting applications for the position of Program Assistant, Policy Program. This position provides support and coordination of program work, events, and internal and external communications. The Program Assistant will assist the team in their work with companies and investors on a range of climate and energy policies. This opening is designed for a highly motivated, self-starter looking to be a key part of Ceres’ policy program. The position reports to the Senior Manager of the Policy Program. This position will be located in Boston, MA.
Manager, California Program
Aug 17, 2015
- Ceres is seeking a Manager for its California programs. This Manager will be a key member of Ceres’ growing California office and will play a critical role in implementing Ceres’ water and climate policy and business advocacy work in California. This Manager will be knowledgeable about environmental and sustainability issues and have experience working with nonprofit and private sector organizations.
Chief Operating Officer
Aug 01, 2015
- Ceres is currently seeking a seasoned organizational leader and exceptional manager to serve as Chief Operating Officer (COO). A unique role, the COO position at Ceres will oversee all programmatic areas (climate, energy, policy, water, investor, and corporate) as well as programmatic events and communications.
Senior Manager, Corporate Program
Aug 01, 2015
- Ceres’ Corporate Program is looking to hire a Senior Manager, with preferred knowledge of companies in consumer-facing sectors, such as Information Communications Technology (ICT), Retail, and Apparel/ Footwear. Content knowledge should encompass environmental and social sustainability issues, such as those related to company supply chains, products, employees and environmental issues beyond climate and energy. This is a full-time position, based in our Boston office and will report to a Director of the Corporate Program.
Manager, Corporate Program
Aug 01, 2015
- Ceres’ Corporate Program is looking to hire a Manager, with content knowledge encompassing environmental and social sustainability issues, such as those related to company supply chains, products, employees and environmental issues beyond climate and energy. This position will preferably focus on companies within the financial services sector, but other sector expertise is welcome. This is a full-time position, based in our Boston office and will report to a Director of the Corporate Program.
Senior Manager, Foundations/Development
Aug 01, 2015
- Ceres is soliciting applications for the position of Senior Manager, Foundations, Development. This Senior Manager is a crucial member of Ceres’ Foundation Team, which raises more than $5 million per year - approximately half of Ceres' annual revenue. he ideal candidate will have excellent internal and external relationship management skills, analytical and persuasive writing and oral communication skills, project management skills, and demonstrated capacity to manage challenging and competing deadlines. The Senior Manager will work closely with Ceres' program staff to develop and articulate nuanced and high-impact strategies, communicate impact to funders, and engage funders as participants and partners in Ceres’ programs.
Jul 29, 2015
- Ceres actively seeks to engage interns in our work. We have a number of exciting projects going at any one time and find the logistical, research, analysis, and writing support of interns to be of great value. We also hope working here inspires the next generation of professionals to "accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainability business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy." Ceres hires a combination of undergraduate and graduate students, and that is often dictated by the projects we are managing.