Jobs and Internships
Are you ready to change corporate, investor and business practices on climate change and other sustainability challenges? Are you interested in working with Fortune 500 companies to help them reach new heights on environmental and social performance? Do you have the strategic savvy to engage entire industries — the insurance sector, for example — to tackle the business impacts from climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability issues? Ceres is seeking the best and the brightest candidates to fill these positions in our growing organization.
Ceres is a nonprofit organization mobilizing business and investor leadership on climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability challenges. Ceres directs the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a network of over 100 institutional investors with collective assets totaling more than $12 trillion. Ceres also directs Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy (BICEP), an advocacy coalition of nearly 30 businesses committed to working with policy makers to pass meaningful energy and climate legislation. The Ceres Company Network includes over 60 corporations working to improve their performance and governance for sustainability.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
The following positions are now available:
Director, Water Program
Jan 21, 2016
- The Director, Water Program position is a full-time position, reporting to the Senior Program Director of the Water Program. Ceres’ Water Program works with our investor and environmental advocacy partners to accelerate the development of sustainable water systems in the United States. This position will play a pivotal role in Ceres’ efforts to encourage the evolution of the water utility business model and financial practices in support of more sustainable water management by U.S. water service providers. Primary areas of focus will include decoupling of water system revenues from volumetric water sales to enable utilities to pursue water conservation as part of their primary business model; improving the transparency of the water sector through development of improved disclosure and credit risk analysis; driving more efficient integration of water risk data by investors; and collaboratively developing intellectual capital on investment vehicles capable of directing institutional dollars toward sustainable water systems, including energy efficient treatment systems and distributed infrastructure.
Jan 09, 2016
- Ceres actively seeks to engage interns in our work. We have a number of exciting projects going at any one time and find the logistical, research, analysis, and writing support of interns to be of great value. We also hope working here inspires the next generation of professionals to "accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainability business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy." Ceres hires a combination of undergraduate and graduate students, and that is often dictated by the projects we are managing.
Senior Manager, Energy Efficiency
Dec 22, 2015
- Ceres is looking to hire a full-time Senior Manager, Energy Efficiency who will report to the Director, Electric Power Program and play a key role in our work with investors and companies to materially ramp up energy efficiency investment. This position will focus on encouraging companies to boost energy productivity, advancing policies that enable increased energy efficiency, and producing analytical materials that make the business case for energy efficiency. This position will play a key role as Ceres coordinates investor and other stakeholders to engage with companies in reducing their energy consumption and climate impacts. Many of the investors who will be involved in this effort are part of the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a project of Ceres that comprises a network of more than 110 investors, collectively managing over $13 trillion in assets. Members include state treasurers, pension funds, foundations, socially responsible asset managers, and religious institutional investors, among others.
Director, Programmatic Communications
Nov 17, 2015
- This Director will oversee targeted, proactive positioning of Ceres as the leading nonprofit sustainability advocacy organization mobilizing business leadership and capital market solutions on global sustainability challenges. The Director will plan, develop and manage communications to ensure the delivery of consistent and effective messages in support of Ceres’ key programmatic and organizational goals. Communications will include integrated media outreach, online engagement, and other internal/external materials, and will utilize Ceres wide-ranging assets (Company Network, BICEP, INCR members and other stakeholders).
Senior Associate, Foundations, Development
Nov 17, 2015
- The Senior Associate role is focused on writing proposals to national and regional foundations, as well as interim and final reports that describe the impact achieved with these awards. The Senior Associate will work closely with the Senior Manager, Foundations and program staff across the organization to translate programmatic plans into compelling funding proposals and reports that evaluate and document successes and progress towards long-term goals and objectives. The Senior Associate will report directly to the Senior Manager, Foundation Development, and will work as a member of the Development team.