Jobs and Internships
Are you ready to change corporate, investor and business practices on climate change and other sustainability challenges? Are you interested in working with Fortune 500 companies to help them reach new heights on environmental and social performance? Do you have the strategic savvy to engage entire industries — the insurance sector, for example — to tackle the business impacts from climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability issues? Ceres is seeking the best and the brightest candidates to fill these positions in our growing organization.
Ceres is a nonprofit organization mobilizing business and investor leadership on climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability challenges. Ceres directs the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a network of over 120 institutional investors with collective assets totaling more than $14 trillion. Ceres also directs Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy (BICEP), an advocacy coalition of nearly 40 businesses committed to working with policy makers to pass meaningful energy and climate legislation. The Ceres Company Network includes over 60 corporations working to improve their performance and governance for sustainability.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
The following positions are now available:
Senior Manager, Sustainable Agriculture (new position)
Sep 06, 2016
- The Senior Manager, Sustainable Agriculture is a full-time position, reporting to the Director, Food & Capital Markets. The Food and Capital Markets Initiative is a new multi-organization collaboration working to enhance the sustainability of key food supply chains. Ceres responsibilities as part of this program involve working with Ceres’ Investor, Corporate, NGO, and Policy partners. This role will be based in Boston, MA.
Director of Development
Aug 26, 2016
- The Director of Development is responsible for overall management of the individual giving program, with a specific focus on major gifts, growth and stewardship of Ceres 1000, and fundraising and cultivation events. He/she will supervise the Annual Fund Manager, share supervision of a Development Assistant and Development Associate, and work as part of a ten-person development department. The Director will report to the Chief Development Officer (CDO). He/she will also work closely with the Ceres’ President, the President’s Council (an advisory board focused on resource development), and the Board Development Committee, and will be involved in the planning and execution of an anticipated multiyear campaign in 2017-2020. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced development professional to take a rapidly growing individual donor program to the next level.
Website, Associate, Communications
Aug 03, 2016
- Ceres is launching a brand new website with a fresh and updated look and feel soon and we’re looking for a full-time Associate to join the online communications team to help create and launch our new vision. The Website Associate will join the communications team to help Ceres build and maintain its online brand on the ceres.org website. This position will play a key role in the upcoming website redesign project while updating and maintaining Ceres’s current website. This is a full-time position, based in our Boston office and will report to the Director of Online Communications.
Manager, Corporate Program (new Roadmap position)
Jun 28, 2016
- The Corporate Program Team is seeking a Manager to implement the vision of the Ceres Roadmap and support the integration of ESG issues into the business strategies and decision-making of companies within and outside the Ceres Company Network. The Manager needs to be a savvy project manager, communicator and strategic thinker that will help to develop and realize Ceres strategy for increasing the uptake of the Ceres Roadmap by both companies and investors.
Jan 09, 2016
- Ceres actively seeks to engage interns in our work. We have a number of exciting projects going at any one time and find the logistical, research, analysis, and writing support of interns to be of great value. We also hope working here inspires the next generation of professionals to "accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainability business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy." Ceres hires a combination of undergraduate and graduate students, and that is often dictated by the projects we are managing.