Jobs and Internships
Are you ready to change corporate, investor and business practices on climate change and other sustainability challenges? Are you interested in working with Fortune 500 companies to help them reach new heights on environmental and social performance? Do you have the strategic savvy to engage entire industries — the insurance sector, for example — to tackle the business impacts from climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability issues? Ceres is seeking the best and the brightest candidates to fill these positions in our growing organization.
Ceres is a nonprofit organization mobilizing business and investor leadership on climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability challenges. Ceres directs the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a network of over 100 institutional investors with collective assets totaling more than $12 trillion. Ceres also directs Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy (BICEP), an advocacy coalition of nearly 30 businesses committed to working with policy makers to pass meaningful energy and climate legislation. The Ceres Company Network includes over 60 corporations working to improve their performance and governance for sustainability.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
The following positions are now available:
Senior Manager, Carbon Asset Risk Campaign
Aug 28, 2014
- Ceres is looking to hire a Senior Manager to coordinate its investor campaign on carbon asset risk. The successful applicant will work with Ceres’ Oil & Gas, Electric Power and Investor Teams to mobilize investors to help prevent unmanageable climate change by pressuring fossil fuel companies to invest significantly less capital in projects like thermal coal, oil sands and Arctic drilling. The Senior Manager will also work with Ceres’ investor members to develop strategies for reducing carbon asset risk in their own portfolios and lead engagement with other key financial sector actors like banks and credit ratings agencies who have the power to influence how the fossil fuel industry invests its capital.
Aug 27, 2014
- Ceres actively seeks to engage interns in our work. We have a number of exciting projects going at any one time and find the logistical, research, analysis, and writing support of interns to be of great value. We also hope working here inspires the next generation of professionals to "accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainability business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy." Ceres hires a combination of undergraduate and graduate students, and that is often dictated by the projects we are managing. Ceres hires a combination of undergraduate and graduate students, and that is often dictated by the projects we are managing.
Associate, Database Management
Aug 14, 2014
- The Associate, Database Management is responsible for managing the Ceres’ organizational database, implemented on the Salesforce.com platform. He/she serves as the organizer and staff resource for the system. The database is used to track our individual and organizational partners, donors and prospects, e-newsletter recipients, action items and more. The Salesforce database integrates with Ceres’ website as part of a comprehensive, data-centric approach to our work. The Associate, Database Management also serves as point of contact for the Bloomberg Terminal and manages all training needs of staff with the local Bloomberg office. This position reports directly to the Director of Human Resources and Operations, and may support the Director in providing limited support to staff on technology needs.
Senior Manager, Corporate Program
Aug 14, 2014
- Ceres’ Corporate Program is looking to hire a full-time Senior Manager to be based in the Boston office and report to a Director of the Corporate Program with particular content knowledge of companies in consumer-facing sectors, such as Information Communications Technology (ICT), Retail, and Food & Beverage. This content knowledge should encompass environmental and social sustainability issues, such as those related to company supply chains, products, employees and environmental issues beyond climate and energy.
Senior Manager, California Policy and Partnerships
Jul 17, 2014
- Ceres is looking to hire a full-time Senior Manager based in San Francisco, CA, who will report to the Director of Ceres’ California Office and have expertise in California’s water and climate change issues plus familiarity with California state policy. This Senior Manager is a cross-program role that will work closely with the Ceres program staff based in Boston. Initially, this role will most closely work with the Policy and Water Programs to mobilize major corporations in support of public policies that call for sustainable water management, clean energy and greenhouse gas emissions reductions in California.