Jobs and Internships
Are you ready to change corporate, investor and business practices on climate change and other sustainability challenges? Are you interested in working with Fortune 500 companies to help them reach new heights on environmental and social performance? Do you have the strategic savvy to engage entire industries — the insurance sector, for example — to tackle the business impacts from climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability issues? Ceres is seeking the best and the brightest candidates to fill these positions in our growing organization.
Ceres is a nonprofit organization mobilizing business and investor leadership on climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability challenges. Ceres directs the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a network of over 120 institutional investors with collective assets totaling more than $14 trillion. Ceres also directs Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy (BICEP), an advocacy coalition of nearly 40 businesses committed to working with policy makers to pass meaningful energy and climate legislation. The Ceres Company Network includes over 60 corporations working to improve their performance and governance for sustainability.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
The following positions are now available:
Mar 22, 2017
- Ceres is soliciting applications for the position of Program Associate, Policy. This position will be located in Boston, MA. This opening is designed for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter looking to be an advocate for Ceres’ policy program goals. The position reports to the Senior Manager of Policy.
Program Assistant, Investor Program
Mar 16, 2017
- Ceres is looking to hire a Program Assistant for our Investor Program. This position will provide support and coordination of program work, events, and internal and external communications. The Assistant will assist the team in their work with investors on sustainability issues; such as seeking to improve corporate and investment practices on climate change, water, resource scarcity, clean energy and related environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
Associate, Foundation Team
Mar 16, 2017
- The Associate position on Ceres’ Foundation Team is a strong fit for a highly motivated candidate interested in working in a mission-driven, dynamic and fast-moving organization that has been recognized as one of the most effective environmental NGOs in the world. The position has significant growth potential with opportunities for increasing responsibility over time.
Senior Associate, Human Resources (Recruitment and Training)
Mar 07, 2017
- The Senior Associate will oversee recruitment efforts for junior staff and intern positions and training, including orientation, for most staff. The position is full-time time, located in our Boston office and will work with and report to the Senior Department Director of Human Resources and Operations. This job offers an opportunity for an out-going, professional, organized, creative, and trustworthy individual who is early in their Human Resources career to join a growing organization and engage in a mix of HR activities.
Chief Financial Officer
Mar 05, 2017
- Ceres is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to lead financial management and oversight in a fast-paced, not-for-profit, organization with a $14+ million budget. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced professional to build on Ceres’ solid achievements in promoting a market-oriented change agenda, in engaging businesses and investors, and in mobilizing them to take action in ways that further the public and environmental good.
Communications and Marketing Consultant
Mar 02, 2017
- Ceres, World Wildlife Fund, the World Council for Sustainable Business Development and the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation are seeking a top-notch communications strategist or firm to help us coordinate and execute communications efforts pertaining to a collaborative effort: the Conservation and Financial Markets Initiative.
Operations Assistant, Human Resources & Operations
Mar 01, 2017
- The Operations Assistant will serve as the receptionist and play a key role in managing the Ceres office, including maintenance of common areas, and monitoring and tracking all office equipment and electronics. This role provides logistics support for any Operations activity and the annual Ceres Conference. Lastly, the role supports the production of the Ceres’ Sustainability Report by tracking and organizing data for the report.
Manager, Disclosure, Capital Market Systems
Mar 01, 2017
- Ceres’ newly created Capital Markets Systems Program consolidates Ceres’ work on critical market levers that will help scale the transition to sustainable capital markets. The program includes Ceres’ initiatives on governance for sustainability, and sustainability disclosure, including climate risk disclosure, mandatory sustainability disclosure and the Investor Initiative for Sustainable Exchanges (IISE).
California Program Director
Mar 01, 2017
- The Ceres’ California Program Director leads the organization’s California team and office, oversees programmatic strategy, builds key partnerships in California, develops new fundraising opportunities and maintains existing donor relationships, and represents Ceres externally in the Bay area and on the West Coast.
Summer Internships 2017
Feb 14, 2017
- Ceres’ interns support Program, Communications, and Development staff working with a wide variety of constituents within the Ceres network: environmental activists, investors, funders, and corporations. While providing some administrative support, interns will primarily work in one of the following areas using skills in research, project coordination, IT and communications. Detailed descriptions of each available position can be found below.