Jobs and Internships
Are you ready to change corporate, investor and business practices on climate change and other sustainability challenges? Are you interested in working with Fortune 500 companies to help them reach new heights on environmental and social performance? Do you have the strategic savvy to engage entire industries — the insurance sector, for example — to tackle the business impacts from climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability issues? Ceres is seeking the best and the brightest candidates to fill these positions in our growing organization.
Ceres is a nonprofit organization mobilizing business and investor leadership on climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability challenges. Ceres directs the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a network of over 100 institutional investors with collective assets totaling more than $12 trillion. Ceres also directs Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy (BICEP), an advocacy coalition of nearly 30 businesses committed to working with policy makers to pass meaningful energy and climate legislation. The Ceres Company Network includes over 60 corporations working to improve their performance and governance for sustainability.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
The following positions are now available:
Associate, Corporate Program
Jul 02, 2014
- Ceres is soliciting applications for the position of Associate, Corporate Program to support the work with companies in the network. This position will support a range of activities across the Corporate Program team. This a full-time position, based in Boston, MA, that will report to one of the Directors in the Corporate Program.
Manager, Sustainable Agriculture, Water Program
Jun 18, 2014
- Ceres is looking to hire a Manager to join its Water Program team. We are looking for candidates with specific expertise in sustainable agriculture. The Ceres Water Program is focusing on three key economic sectors with enormous responsibility for protecting our nation’s water future – water utilities, agriculture and oil and gas. This position will play a pivotal role in Ceres’ efforts to advance corporate water stewardship in the agricultural supply chains of the food, beverage and agribusiness sectors.
Manager, Foundations, Development
Jun 16, 2014
- The Manager position within the foundation development team is a strong fit for a highly motivated candidate interested in articulating nuanced and high-impact strategies, working in a dynamic and fast-moving organization, and using excellent writing skills to fuel the growth of a unique enterprise.
Jun 16, 2014
- Ceres is seeking an energetic go-getter to assist three executive level staff at Ceres. The primary duties are supporting the Executive Director (ED) / Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President, Climate & Energy Programs (VP, CE) and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This is a crucial position, providing administrative support for senior staff.
Feb 18, 2014
- Ceres actively seeks to engage interns in our work. We have a number of exciting projects going at any one time and find the logistical, research, analysis, and writing support of interns to be of great value. We also hope working here inspires the next generation of professionals to "accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainability business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy." Ceres hires a combination of undergraduate and graduate students, and that is often dictated by the projects we are managing. Ceres hires a combination of undergraduate and graduate students, and that is often dictated by the projects we are managing.