The Senior Associate will oversee recruitment efforts for junior staff and intern positions and training, including orientation, for most staff. The position is full-time time, located in our Boston office and will work with and report to the Senior Department Director of Human Resources and Operations.
This job offers an opportunity for an out-going, professional, organized, creative, and trustworthy individual who is early in their Human Resources career to join a growing organization and engage in a mix of HR activities.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage hiring logistics; including posting open positions, screening candidates for certain roles, directing applications to appropriate parties, scheduling interviews, processing acknowledgements and tracking all candidate activity providing annual reports
- Oversee hiring process and orientation for interns, with a more expanded role related to Ceres Summer Intern program
- Serve as primary recruitment contact with colleges and universities, job sites, and/or placement offices, developing regular communications about job opportunities, including internships
- Actively develop new relationships with external partners to increase Ceres’ pool of candidates for all positions, with a special focus on building a more diverse pool of candidates
- In the future, attend job fairs or recruitment events in the New England region
- Provide logistical support to Senior Director and external recruiter working on senior job searches
- Expand on current system to track all applications and produce quarterly reports for Senior Director to share with Executive Team
- Organize orientation logistics, new employee documents, and training for all new staff, including conducting some of these activities
- Organize the training program associated with the 10-week Summer Intern program, including a kick-off meeting prior to the program
- Coordinate with Senior Director in designing a training program for all staff levels at Ceres, including but not limited to researching and proposing online and in-person options, on a range of topics. Engage with other HR Senior Associate, on training requests related to staff retention
- Serve as administrator for on-line training system (currently lynda.com) and organize in-office sessions with staff members to encourage use of system
- Conduct annual review of training system to inform future decisions
- Collect and manage updated list of all program specific trainings offered to new staff by teams.
- Support Senior Director with logistical details related to the Performance Review process, with specific attention to training requests coming from staff and supervisors
- Serve as back-up support on Paycor HRIS system and processing payroll
- When necessary, provide additional support to the Human Resources and Operations Senior Director and/or team
- 4-5 years of work experience, in an office setting, required
- Bachelor degree, required
- Some interest and understanding of the Human Resources field, preferred
- Experience with public speaking and designing trainings for adult learners
- Ability to work productively with a wide variety of people and personalities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Power Point, required
- Familiarity with a database system, preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed organizational and problem solving skills necessary
- Ability to look at problems as opportunities
- Strong attention to detail and good follow-through on projects
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Understand how to manage confidential information in an appropriate manner
- Strong ethical sensibility
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying. Applicants should submit a resume, a list of three references, and a letter describing their qualifications, interests, and potential contribution to our organization. Please use the words “Senior Associate, Human Resources (Recruitment and Training)” in the subject line of your e-mail message. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.