Ceres is soliciting applications for the position of Program Associate, Policy. This position will be located in Boston, MA. This opening is designed for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter looking to be an advocate for Ceres’ policy program goals. The position reports to the Senior Manager of Policy.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to Senior Program Director and Senior Manager for organizing the BICEP coalition.
- Provide writing support, on behalf of the Policy team, to the Communications team with press outreach related to BICEP as well as updating content on the BICEP website.
- Process expense reports, reimbursements, and other finance-related administrative duties.
- Book travel and draft trip itineraries for Senior Program Director.
- Support recruitment activities for Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP) and other Ceres policy program initiatives.
- Fulfill research and writing assignments to support policy team's initiatives.
- Organize monthly calls with BICEP companies, including setting agenda and tracking follow-up items and projects.
- Collaborate with the development team on funding proposals, grant follow-up and progress reports as related to policy team funding.
- Coordinate Policy Team meeting logistics including scheduling, drafting agendas, and taking notes.
- Serve as team’s database point person, including database support to team members and some data entry.
- Participate in planning and execution of policy team events at the Ceres annual conference program and other events.
- Support relationship management for BICEP companies including handling regular communication, requests, media opportunities and other company needs.
- Support Policy Program staff managing special projects, as necessary.
- Bachelor degree required and studies in public policy, environmental policy or related fields preferred
- At minimum, 2 year of experience on energy and/or climate change policy issues; experience with Congress or federal agencies preferred
- Strong organizing skills and attention to detail with a focus on tracking multiple projects at one time
- Knowledge of energy and climate change issues, including an understanding of business-focused policy debates, and NGO concerns
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Research experience a plus
- Highly developed writing skills
- Excellent personal and political communication and/or government-relations skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, a list of three references, and a letter describing their qualifications, interests, and potential contribution to our organization. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Associate, Policy” in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.